• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance package is it worth it

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Speaking of age, the average age of Mustang owners has gotten quite a bit older over the years. I believe isover 50yrs. old now. I just turned 60 myself.
Sponsored

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
If you can afford it get it. You only live once. Im 51 and haven’t been this excited about a car in a long time. Got everything but stripes on the one I ordered

Reactions: JAL

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I did not order it because I drove PP and non-PP cars albeit like granny and the non PP car was fine for me. The summer tires killed it for me. I'm never going to the track and while I enjoy the twisties (not Swifties although that might be interesting) the stock GT checks all the boxes for my semi daily driver. What I did was load the car with comfort features because those are expensive to do aftermarket. I can always add bigger anti-sway bars etc later if I want to. Just my approach.. Do what your heart and wallet tells you.

Juan Loboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I blew it by test-driving a really nice '23 with the Performance Package. It was used, with a manual and Magneride, no active valve exhaust, and about 1,300 miles. But I snoozed and lost. Ah, well. I really liked the suspension.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CamustangSS650
Speaking of age, the average age of Mustang owners has gotten quite a bit older over the years. I believe isover 50yrs. old now. I just turned 60 myself.
The original MSRP for a 1990 Ford Mustang GT 2-door hatchback was $13,986. According to Edmunds
In 1990, the median household income in the United States was $29,943, while the average household income was $37,403. The median family income in 1990 was $35,350

Income went from over 2 mustangsGt/year to less than 1 mustangGt a year in the last 30 years.

This is clearly Stang'Flation

Reactions: JAL

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Really depends on what you're looking for out of your car, but it sounds like you don't *need* it. My car is my daily driver. I don't track or race. But I wanted the ultimate GT, so to speak. And when I ordered, I started by building a Dark Horse, but once I got to the interior part and found I couldn't have leather seats unless I got Recaros, and that I couldn't get Carmine Red, I canceled and built up a GT with every option possible. For me, it was more about having driven my previous Mustang for 18 years and feeling I deserved to build the GT of my dreams, which in my case, included options like Performance Package and MagneRide and Active Exhaust and upgraded wheels and so forth. Sure, I paid almost what a basic Dark Horse costs, but I'm keeping the car at least 8-10 years, so I was good with it.

Also, you can still add customizations after you get the car, but it's always going to be more expensive than just including them on your order from the start.

shepshep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My 24 GT I ordered with Premium package and active exhaust. I do not do the track thing so in my personal opinion the Performace Package at around 5k, was not something I needed. I do like the look of the Rear Spoiler in the Performance package.

John G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My situation was somewhat different, as I was not ordering a new vehicle. There were 2 new 2024 Ford Mustang GT Premiums on the lot. One had the GT Performance Package along with the Magneride Damping System. It also featured the Nite Pony Package.

The Mustang that I purchased did not have those features, but it did have some features that the other Mustang did not have which included Equipment Group 401A, and it also came with the Active Valve Exhaust. Finally, the 19” Brembo Brake Lining was an additional option that came with my vehicle.

The reasons why I did not opt for the Mustang with the Performance Package, was because I did not want summer tires. They do not do well when the road pavement cools down in late fall and early spring weather in South Dakota. Plus, there are 2 different tire sizes, and it would be a challenge when doing periodic tire rotation.

The Raised Wing Spoiler would have been a welcome addition, but mine came with the spoiler delete, which I think looks just fine.

I saved $3,610.00 by not purchasing the Mustang with the Performance Package, Magneride Damping System, and the Night Poly Package. Instead, I got the Mustang with my preferred color [Oxford White] and the equipment that I enjoy utilizing daily; plus, I look forward to traveling in the mountains in nearby Wyoming and Montana later this year.

Last edited:

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I am in the exact same situation. I have a Oxford GT manual with PP on order and I may get before July. I found a silver non PP but has the b4ake upgrade and upgraded wheels. They both have about $4k off MSRP. I just don't know which way to go. Both cars are 500 miles away also. I only have had white cars for the last 20 years but silver is a good color for me. What to do.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
I am in the exact same situation. I have a Oxford GT manual with PP on order and I may get before July. I found a silver non PP but has the b4ake upgrade and upgraded wheels. They both have about $4k off MSRP. I just don't know which way to go. Both cars are 500 miles away also. I only have had white cars for the last 20 years but silver is a good color for me. What to do.
Hopefully, you'll test drive a PP and a non-PP then make a decision. You ordered your car for a reason. You might like the non-PP car better. But throwing money at a new gets expensive. If it comes on the car its cheaper. Minus changing the tires if you live where it gets cold.
Sponsored