• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I predict 500-525hp from the GT. OR, 500hp for the GT, and 525hp for the BOSS 302.
I think 480-500 is a good bet. They'll want to make it more than the current 460 for sure, but I wouldn't expect a massive bump, especially with stricter emissions regulations.
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't think that Ford can sell a 500hp car without electrification in the EU in 2023 onwards. They already told us that every car sold will be either a hybrid or a full EV comes 2026.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that the “next gen Coyote” will only be a mild refresh version with <500hp – downtuned in the EU to match regulations… We might get a S650 that generates almost the same 450hp the S550 does now only with an even bigger sticker price… Unless they implement cylinder deactivation, shitty start-stop features and a mild-hybrid where the battery recharges itself.

ICEfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
With GM and Dodge calling it quits on their ICE muscle cars, the horsepower wars are over in my book. As long as Ford has an ICE sports car, even at 400hp, that still takes the cake.

Unless synthetic fuels become mainstream and a viable alternative to EVs, we're going to see the KWh wars.
Agree. I believe GM and Stellantis are making a mistake by betting the house on EVs for the enthusiast pony car offerings starting in 2024.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Honestly, if you want performance, electric wins over gas every time.
Yeah, go to any track day event where they drive more than 1 lap around the track and see which one wins.

Until EVs can get to the re-charging speed of a gasoline car, it will only win in performance events that are done in short bursts with hours in between sessions. That or you have an entire pit crew that can swap out the stash of $20k/each battery packs you have laying around.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If they don't increase the power much, hopefully they can reduce weight by a few hundred pounds. A weight decrease would be even better than a power increase - as long as it's a significant change.

Less weight could translate to better fuel economy as well. If the car is appreciably smaller it will have less drag.

just spit ballin' here - hoping for a slight performance improvement. :) I'd really like to have a reason to want to buy a new Mustang.

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
In other words.

Ford: " When it comes to the cool stuff you want, we will make less of it and charge you more".

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
If they don't increase the power much, hopefully they can reduce weight by a few hundred pounds. A weight decrease would be even better than a power increase - as long as it's a significant change.

Less weight could translate to better fuel economy as well. If the car is appreciably smaller it will have less drag.

just spit ballin' here - hoping for a slight performance improvement. :) I'd really like to have a reason to want to buy a new Mustang.
Maybe all the money they saved on not having to engineer a new platform would allow them to invest in an all aluminum body?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I think it's a safe bet the Coyote will be around for the duration of S650. I'm expecting......or rather hoping, for a Gen 4 with at least 480hp and perhaps a slight bump in torque over the current car (remembering the '22 lost 10 horses down to 450).

A Coyote with hybrid assist will enable the V8 to live on in Europe as by mid 2026 every Ford sold in the UK (not sure about the rest of Europe) has to be a least a hybrid, if not a full EV.
I think the real question is how long will it be sold without a hybrid powertrain? The us is getting stricter starting in 2023 ramping to a 2026 limit.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I think the real question is how long will it be sold without a hybrid powertrain? The us is getting stricter starting in 2023 ramping to a 2026 limit.
I think we will see a hybrid early on but it will not be a V8. Honestly wouldn't make sense. What does make sense is a 2.7 or 3.5 turbo V6. Plenty of available horsepower and additional fuel economy.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I honestly think if the S650 hybrid isn't a V8, they may as well stop selling it here in the UK.

Whilst other engines obviously have their place, sales of the S550 were 80/20 in favour of the V8 over the Ecoboost. So much so that Ford UK stopped selling the Ecoboost 2 model years ago.

Over here, it's definitely a car bought with the heart, not the head!

A hybrid V8 means we get the cake AND get to eat it :)

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
ummm....

The Tesla model S Plaid is an "enthusiasts" dream, faster than an M5 around the track, and down the 1/4 mile. All without being a "sports car"

Honestly, if you want performance, electric wins over gas every time. That's because your engine throws about 2/3rds of the energy generated by it away as heat. Electrical motors can not only use energy more efficiently, but they can use it to recover that energy as well. Brake fade? Not really. Most of the energy of braking goes back into the battery, or if needed, capacitors. Then that energy can be immediately used to launch you out the other side of that curve.

yes, there are a few drawbacks to EVs, but not in the performance area.
Do you not realize what brake fade is? It has nothing to do with engine power or power loss....its from the brakes not being able to cool down enough and it looses clamping force....generally boiling the brake fluid and glazing/destroying pads

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Do you not realize what brake fade is? It has nothing to do with engine power or power loss....its from the brakes not being able to cool down enough and it looses clamping force....generally boiling the brake fluid and glazing/destroying pads
Do you know how regenerative braking works?