• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Farley: 8th Gen Mustang Will Have ICE Engine Option

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
For 7th gen. Bill Ford announced at the 7th gen reveal that the new car is going to Le Mans in the GT3 class.
Reading his comments though, with sights aimed at Porsche at Ferrari, even though he references DH, I think it's likely he's alluding to a Shelby GT500.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Dawg, what do you have against 'murica? This is the second time we've said something derogatory about the land of the free.
eh? I was expressing the likely Italian sentiment. If you suffered the humiliation last time, don't you think you'd be out for blood, short knives and all? I sure as hell would be.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
That makes me feel a ton better to hear the ICE is still here for the future of the Mustang.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I am not surprised of this news and actually expected it. Ford has been pretty clear with its direction considering all the work done on various petrol-fueled engines across its truck lineup so why would they abandon Mustang.... they essentially have told Chevy and Dodge to 'hold their beer' on this subject. Complain all you want about the Mach-E or EcoBoost engines but they 'pay the costs' of keeping our beloved V8's... if you remember, the V8 was left for dead back in the 70's except for pickups. All the safety, emissions, and fuel economy regulations over time has done is produce amazing feats of engineering in my eyes. Keep your 'voices' loud with your hard earned dollars and buy the V8 Mustangs on the horizon, money talks louder than anything you type out on a message board.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
His comments about a road car version of the Le Mans GT3 racer are intriguing. I bet we'll see a Boss variant.
Or a Dark Horse GT3 for the road. To be fair the GT3 car looks like coming out straight from Gran Turismo and there they do have a GT3 road version as well. Wouldn't be surprised if what they didn't do to the chassis, suspension etc in the regular Dark Horse/S650 they do in a Dark Horse GT3 considering is very soon to be car maybe a few more surprises are to come. But there is also the possibility that he did this interview prior to the revial and was just a hint to the Dark Horse.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Or a Dark Horse GT3 for the road. To be fair the GT3 car looks like coming out straight from Gran Turismo and there they do have a GT3 road version as well. Wouldn't be surprised if what they didn't do to the chassis, suspension etc in the regular Dark Horse/S650 they do in a Dark Horse GT3 considering is very soon to be car maybe a few more surprises are to come. But there is also the possibility that he did this interview prior to the revial and was just a hint to the Dark Horse.
It's possible, but his quote references something "very special". I think we'll see an iconic nameplate, either Boss or Shelby.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
It's possible, but his quote references something "very special". I think we'll see an iconic nameplate, either Boss or Shelby.
But the previous quote is this:

“What I’m saying is that to compete at Le Mans, we need breakthrough technology to win against Ferrari and Porsche. They are the established players and we are the dark horse."

So it might easy be an interview before the actual reveal and a hint to the Dark Horse program. As in the reveal they showed that the progression is Dark Horse to Dark Horse S to Dark Horse R to GT4 to GT3 cars. So I just think this interview was hinting to that.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
The GT3 homologated street car has to have the 5.4L engine per IMSA rules.
It won't be the Dark Horse cause we already know that has the 5.0
It won't be the Dark Horse S or R cause those aren't street legal, thereby not meeting homologation rules.

So the GT3 homologated street car has to be a new model not yet revealed.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Not buying it.

It should be all about the open market ("let the customers decide"), but unless the powers that be in many US states, Canada, Germany, England, and Japan (all those countries have one thing in common, automobile production) repeal the laws they are aggressively putting into place re: 2035, then the CEO doesn't have any say, and sadly neither will the customers.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Ford, not to state the obvious, has this segment largely to itself for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored