• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It just feels like lately Ford has been struck by the recall hammer multiple times on multiple models. And as awestruck as I anticipate I will be by the S650, I can only imagine how many recalls it may get for the first few years. Hopefully they're not major recalls, if any. šŸ˜…
This is across the board in the entire industry. Thanks to the Toyota gas pedal / unintended acelebration and the takata airbag issues, manufacturers are afraid to take any chances any more. They would rather have a recall than the PR hit of something they knew about but failed to address.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I did screenshot the inside of the rear quarter window from the video. Compared to the S550, it might be different, though only slightly?
2017-Ford-Mustang-rear-seats_10750_052_640x480.jpg
Looks significantly different to me. For one, the window appears noticeable larger. Itā€™s also possible that the exterior glass tapers more sharply than the interior plastic cover. Ford always rounds the edges on the inside a bit.

we will see in less than one day! Manā€¦ even that feels like forever.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Looks significantly different to me. For one, the window appears noticeable larger. Itā€™s also possible that the exterior glass tapers more sharply than the interior plastic cover. Ford always rounds the edges on the inside a bit.

You're right, it does seem larger, too.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
With all the talk of "digital", "detail", and, with all new Ford's sporting a tablet-like display somewhere in the dash, I wonder if/how they have now incorporated one into the S650; this, in addition to or replacing the existing digital display in the 550. Or, maybe a full-width LCD dash. And the possible new steering wheel seen earlier.

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
With all the talk of "digital", "detail", and, with all new Ford's sporting a tablet-like display somewhere in the dash, I wonder if/how they have now incorporated one into the S650; this, in addition to or replacing the existing digital display in the 550. Or, maybe a full-width LCD dash.
That has been leaked through a prototype. it will be two displays that are put into one big frame and thank god no friggin vertical display glued to panel
S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 1663149658870

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 1663149778750

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

The B-pillar could be more compact making the 1/4 window appear larger. It definitely looks like the window ends in a sharper point.

The B-pillar in Chazā€™s corrected image appears to be very slim and compact.

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 2430F636-08F0-48B1-87DB-E242E6A55B3B

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Exactly, you do not need to be a car guy to buy the Mustang, so why not have someone famous do it who share similar opinions with the mainstream buyer.
Jimmy Fallon is the perpetual teenager. He will never grow up.

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I prefer the look of the current car rear quarter window vs the pointy new one. The current car has an excellent rear 3/4 look.
Sponsored