• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I posted this a week ago and it got very little attention. There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for racing on this forum 😞

Thanks for sharing.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
understandable tbh, IMSA and WEC arent exactly as big as F1 and NASCAR. me though, im in love with the Mustang GT3 and cant wait to see it in action next year at Daytona

OP
OP
JGillis

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I posted this a week ago and it got very little attention. There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for racing on this forum 😞

Thanks for sharing.
You posted vid of it at Sebring but I think Farley's tweet here is the really interesting part. :) Tho I do love hearing it scream at the track.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
understandable tbh, IMSA and WEC arent exactly as big as F1 and NASCAR. me though, im in love with the Mustang GT3 and cant wait to see it in action next year at Daytona
True, but GT3 being based off actual street cars seems much more relatable than a custom tube-chassis car. With a factory GT3 car, the aftermarket to make a street car into a track weapon will be amazing.

You posted vid of it at Sebring but I think Farley's tweet here is the really interesting part. :) Tho I do love hearing it scream at the track.
Completely agree.
Though personally, I'd still be more interested in the DH S or R rather than a watered down street car.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but GT3 being based off actual street cars seems much more relatable than a custom tube-chassis car. With a factory GT3 car, the aftermarket to make a street car into a track weapon will be amazing.

Completely agree.
Though personally, I'd still be more interested in the DH S or R rather than a watered down street car.
oh i agree, part of why i love the GT3 car is the trickle down of parts we're gonna get, im definitely gonna be looking for a street spec of that front end.

that second point i kind of disagree with, id rather have a street legal watered down GT3 mustang with the 600+hp 5.4 Coyote vs a track only 5.0 DH S or R

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The more variants, the better!

Time is ticking down for HiPo bespoke engines these days...especially NA ones! A high power, high redline NA engine would be the bees knees...and just ooze character!

I'm on board with an all-aluminum Godzilla, too...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I mentioned it in the other forum, but I hope the road version looks kinda like this beast.

S650 Mustang Jim Farley Teases Mustang GT3 Roaring at Sebring - "Should We Make a Road Version?" 315025266_6460341567325904_9165224945335880341_n

S650 Mustang Jim Farley Teases Mustang GT3 Roaring at Sebring - "Should We Make a Road Version?" 1668346517295

Reactions: JWS

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would certainly like to have a street legal version of the GT3 , but it would have to come close to the performance of the GT3 racer.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if youre talking about power numbers, then just slap a supercharger on your car and boom, you got GT3 power

if youre talking about overall performance, thats just not gonna happen, unless you want to drop half a million or more on a mustang, modern GT3 cars are mostly made of carbon fiber and the parts they fit for race only use make the cars very track only. while you can get close to GT4 performance with street mods ultimately its going to be impossible without fronting the half mil for one

even Porches closest car to the 911 GT3 R, the GT3 RS starts at $200,000
and even thats still heavier and slower than the GT3 R

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
if youre talking about power numbers, then just slap a supercharger on your car and boom, you got GT3 power

if youre talking about overall performance, thats just not gonna happen, unless you want to drop half a million or more on a mustang, modern GT3 cars are mostly made of carbon fiber and the parts they fit for race only use make the cars very track only. while you can get close to GT4 performance with street mods ultimately its going to be impossible without fronting the half mil for one

even Porches closest car to the 911 GT3 R, the GT3 RS starts at $200,000
and even thats still heavier and slower than the GT3 R
Some valid points, but a street version of the 5.4, aggressive areo, and chassis improvements would definitely go along way. I don't think anyone expects a street version to be in par with a gt3 car. But it would make a heck of a gt350 replacement.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
really makes me wonder how they would fit a GT3 road version into the current lineup since it would most certainly outperform any DH trim, maybe if they had it as a special Ford Performance package for the regular 5.0 like how Shelby has the Shelby GT and Super Snake

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would expect a street version of the GT3 to look like the racer but not have the expensive carbon fiber and would have performance greater than the Dark Horse.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Highly unlikely or unattainable. Lightweight is expensive. Just look at the BMW M4 CS or CSL. Some 100kg lighter, slightly more hp (~50hp) and yet they want you to pay an extra 50% or more.

If the street legal version doesn't offer any performance that is closely related to the racecar then what's the point? I can always install a GT3 body kit afterwards so the engine and lightweight upgrades are what matters.

Peasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'2019 F150 5.0
Here's to hoping the Boss makes a comeback soon.
Sponsored