• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This cars also aren't broken in yet so Ford probably has some weird programming until after break in. But the manual did way better than the 10A. Truly I think you just gotta run the gen 3 vs gen 4 in the wild for real numbers.
I seriously seriously doubt there is a break in redline limiter, they would have to let the customers know of such a thing. On top of that what’s the point of having such a limiter when it’s 250rpm before redline, that makes absolutely no sense. So yeah no lol what’s going on here is ford didn’t want people ripping the 3160 to 7500rpm and we honestly don’t know why. It could be a way for them to limit horsepower aka kinda like how Porsche did it to the 911 R a few years back. Aka it makes peak power at 7300 500hp so let’s put the limiter right there, but then again why not do it for the auto

A lot of questions and no answers
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I seriously seriously doubt there is a break in redline limiter, they would have to let the customers know of such a thing. On top of that what’s the point of having such a limiter when it’s 250rpm before redline, that makes absolutely no sense. So yeah no lol what’s going on here is ford didn’t want people ripping the 3160 to 7500rpm and we honestly don’t know why. It could be a way for them to limit horsepower aka kinda like how Porsche did it to the 911 R a few years back. Aka it makes peak power at 7300 500hp so let’s put the limiter right there, but then again why not do it for the auto

The only thing that doesnt make sense is my car has an 8250 redline- and over on the 350 forums ...no one is having problems with the transmission - (OK so maybe I have seen 1 or 2- but not likes it is some HUGE issue)

And why not just say the new redline is 7250? Why tease us like that?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid

But it could be break in or it could be a glitch in programming. These car are new model yrs and it's not like Ford been communicating stuff so there could be a limiter for break in. But it just seems like Ford went back in some stuff and didn't update. This whole launch had been odd not as bad as the bronco but lack of information is. However I think the added weight is a byproduct if improving the ride quality, stability, handling and overall drive of the car. So the added hp was just for that. I also still think there are a few removable restrictions on the car. Just that Ford can't say it due to EPA. Nut we can find them ourselves. I give it 6 months to a 1.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I can see limiting the car 1000RPM for break in....but 250....cant see it

Any I mean how bad would the quality control have to be that they accidentally set the rev limited 250RPM too low ......

But then again I have seen other videos with loose bolts on the tie rods - would make me wonder what else they got wrong

Come on Ford- I want the new car to be successful so the Mustang name lives on -

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
^ Ford frequents these forums right? Maybe someone with some "pull" can get some straight answers?

Then again, more and more members will be getting their cars, so hopefully we have someone wind one out on video for us. Otherwise, I'm taking a trip to the dealership and doing a complimentary break-in for one of the S650's on the lot...

:crackup:
Sponsored