• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Here is steedas

Steedas was much much lower but its a 10r80 car too.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
I know I'm beating a dead horse by watching these dyno videos and commenting...but these new cars having a lower redline than advertised and a lower top speed than the S550 is kind of a joke.

I really hope there is some "magic number" the computer needs to see at a certain mileage that removes that RPM limiter...

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
So they had 3 pulls right at 440. They seemed happy. Is that about 520ish at the crank?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I know I'm beating a dead horse by watching these dyno videos and commenting...but these new cars having a lower redline than advertised and a lower top speed than the S550 is kind of a joke.

I really hope there is some "magic number" the computer needs to see at a certain mileage that removes that RPM limiter...
This cars also aren't broken in yet so Ford probably has some weird programming until after break in. But the manual did way better than the 10A. Truly I think you just gotta run the gen 3 vs gen 4 in the wild for real numbers.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Average between three runs is:
442whp
387wtq

The power delivery up top is awesome on these things. So flat.

At least one thing's true, you're getting a full-fat nearly-1500rpm's worth of that claimed 500bhp.

With the low and midrange being more or less identical to Gen 3s, it seems like the main improvements would be in-gear rolling acceleration with the Gen 4s. In combination with the extra 100-200lbs these things are carrying, that also explains why numbers from a dig are more or less underwhelmingly the same.

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Mustang Dyno Results (6-Speed Manual) - by Middleton Motorsports 1693443416542

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Average between three runs is:
442whp
387wtq

The power delivery up top is awesome on these things. So flat.

At least one thing's true, you're getting a full-fat nearly-1500rpm's worth of that claimed 500bhp.

With the low and midrange being more or less identical to Gen 3s, it seems like the main improvements would be in-gear rolling acceleration with the Gen 4s. In combination with the extra 100-200lbs these things are carrying, that also explains why numbers from a dig are more or less underwhelmingly the same.

1693443416542.png
Which is why the 10A is such a deadly partner to this engine. Keeps it at max HP damn-near the entire time.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This cars also aren't broken in yet so Ford probably has some weird programming until after break in. But the manual did way better than the 10A. Truly I think you just gotta run the gen 3 vs gen 4 in the wild for real numbers.
Breaking the car in will definitely alter the numbers on a dyno or the timeslip for a run down the strip...but the fix for the lack of RPM/top speed remains to be seen. The soon-to-be-dying competitors don't have them, that's for sure.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yup, seems about 520 at the crank.
I personally think that 15% parasitic drivetrain loss is too high for modern cars. Twelve percent seems to be the sweet spot for a modern 6 speed car, and that would put 440 wheel hp to right at 500 crank, which would make sense since these engines are SAE tested and they're using SAE correction on the dyno.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
What calculation are you guys using?

Just curious as I have spent 20+ years in the automotive aftermarket (working for manufactures) and have a ton of experience

There is no standard formula for drive train loss- yes I know people love to throw around 15% - but have seen some pretty big variances

Other thing to remember is that different dynos read different numbers- there are Dynojets- Mustang Dynos (is a type- not specific to Mustang the car) - Mustang Dynos typically read lower - Dynojets seem to read higher

Some people open the hood and blow cold air into the motor- some people keep the hoods shut
Vehicle operating temperature -

We could run a car on the dyno in the morning and see higher numbers then in the afternoon - yes I know they are supposed to compensate for air temp humidity - but not perfect

I mean look at the Steeda dyno at 408rwhp during a storm - I can only imagine high humidity...pretty sure the manual car is not making 40-50 hp more at the crank than the automatic- probably more a result of the weather outside

Dynos are great for tuning or for running a comparison on the same day- or looking at the area under the curve

But like I mentioned- Motor Trend was able to get a GT350 to put down 494rwhp - and I am pretty sure GT350s are not making 600hp -

Not a negative if car is rated at 500hp and putting down higher numbers- if anything is a positive sign of an efficient drivetrain ..getting more power down to the ground is not a bad thing

_JĀ¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
What calculation are you guys using?

Just curious as I have spent 20+ years in the automotive aftermarket (working for manufactures) and have a ton of experience

There is no standard formula for drive train loss- yes I know people love to throw around 15% - but have seen some pretty big variances

Other thing to remember is that different dynos read different numbers- there are Dynojets- Mustang Dynos (is a type- not specific to Mustang the car) - Mustang Dynos typically read lower - Dynojets seem to read higher

Some people open the hood and blow cold air into the motor- some people keep the hoods shut
Vehicle operating temperature -

We could run a car on the dyno in the morning and see higher numbers then in the afternoon - yes I know they are supposed to compensate for air temp humidity - but not perfect

I mean look at the Steeda dyno at 408rwhp during a storm - I can only imagine high humidity...pretty sure the manual car is not making 40-50 hp more at the crank than the automatic- probably more a result of the weather outside

Dynos are great for tuning or for running a comparison on the same day- or looking at the area under the curve

But like I mentioned- Motor Trend was able to get a GT350 to put down 494rwhp - and I am pretty sure GT350s are not making 600hp -

Not a negative if car is rated at 500hp and putting down higher numbers- if anything is a positive sign of an efficient drivetrain ..getting more power down to the ground is not a bad thing
HP=WHPāˆ—1/(1āˆ’DL)
While it's not exact, it's just an estimate as you are right, the drivetrain loss varies due to many other factors. I just went with the basic 15% and did the math, although I wouldn't be upset if the car makes more than the rated 500hp.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is more DT loss with the 10A. The 6M is around 12% DT loss. That puts the crank HP right around factory ratings. 500 crank/440wheel

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level II
At the end of the day drivetrain loss isn't a percentage at all.
Sponsored