• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

6-Speed Manual Shift Knob replacement

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Shocked so many need a strap wrench. I took my stock off by hand lol. It wasn’t lose it was nice and tight maybe they forgot locktite. I didn’t use locktite for the aftermarket.
Sponsored

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have raceseng in their transparent red or whatever the color is. It's a tank and all metal construction. I'm selling the car and I never fully installed it. I did install for the Pic but I never lock tight or set the screw in it and swapped back to factory after the Pic because I wanted a STS and wanted to set it all after the STS swap but I decided to sell shortly after that lol so if you want red, it's available lol
S650 Mustang 6-Speed Manual Shift Knob replacement Screenshot_20231222-233844_Gallery

GKman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I purchased a SpeedForm knob from American Muscle for $24. It has a brass insert and a recess ror the lockout. No need to pay more, imo.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I have the Ford Performance Bullitt knob. It installs easily with a strap wrench.

I would not be worried about stripping it out unless you go full send like a gorilla. Just follow the instructions and you’ll be good to go.
IMG_7794.jpeg
I just got my Bullit knob, but it didnt come with any installation instructions. There was a card in the box that gave a website for directions but when I checked for this part number they said there weren't any instructions for it. Where did you find them?

I just tried to take the knob off with a strap wrench and instead of just unscrewing the shift knob, I wound up turning the knob and reverse lockout collar together. I see there looks to be two flats on the reverse collar that could be held with a wrench but was hesitant to put a wrench on them while I turned the knob. Any suggestion?

Last edited:

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Isn't the Dark Horse knob a direct fit replacement? It seems like a nice piece to me...

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Isn't the Dark Horse knob a direct fit replacement? It seems like a nice piece to me...
Yes. I ordered one that was supposed to be installed last week on my GT, along with a dash cam and alarm system until a truck hit me on Christmas Eve. It’s not cheap, but I wanted one, so I bit the bullet.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I just got my Bullit knob, but it didnt come with any installation instructions. There was a card in the box that gave a website for directions but when I checked for this part number they said there weren't any instructions for it. Where did you find them?

I just tried to take the knob off with a strap wrench and instead of just unscrewing the shift knob, I wound up turning the knob and reverse lockout collar together. I see there looks to be two flats on the reverse collar that could be held with a wrench but was hesitant to put a wrench on them while I turned the knob. Any suggestion?
Instructions: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-7213-MCF.PDF

The reverse lockout should not turn. I didn’t use a wrench or anything on the lockout. If I remember it’s actually plastic so I wouldn’t go wrenching on it too much.

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
I have raceseng in their transparent red or whatever the color is. It's a tank and all metal construction. I'm selling the car and I never fully installed it. I did install for the Pic but I never lock tight or set the screw in it and swapped back to factory after the Pic because I wanted a STS and wanted to set it all after the STS swap but I decided to sell shortly after that lol so if you want red, it's available lol
Screenshot_20231222-233844_Gallery.jpg
Just a side note there is a factory key fob holder right next to your key.

S650 Mustang 6-Speed Manual Shift Knob replacement IMG_20231230_185100206

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Are you sure it will fit?
Yep, the 2024 has the same thread pattern as the 2023 and this knob also is compatible with the reverse lockout feature.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I just redeemed some of my Ford Pass points on the white Bullitt shifter knob from Ford. Just need to get me a strap wrench. I think it'll look cool with the Oxford White.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I just redeemed some of my Ford Pass points on the white Bullitt shifter knob from Ford. Just need to get me a strap wrench. I think it'll look cool with the Oxford White.
I have my eye on that for the same reason.
Sponsored