• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Just how many new Mustang female owners are going reprogram their cars for race mode or ever use that electronic drifting brake? Most of them just want to put it in drive and go.
ā€œFemale ownersā€?

Yeah, I want to clarify here. When I spoke of their intended market, I didnā€™t think genitalia or old world perspectives were a part of it. Iā€™m talking about age. Mustang has always been geared toward young folks. This is very much a car meant to appeal to Gen Z and their current fixation with all things 80ā€™s right now. Itā€™s fine for folks who dig that aesthetic/vibe, but itā€™s not for everyone. Ford tried to bridge the age gap, but may not have succeeded - in my very subjective view.

Women race, and drift, and compete in motorsports at every level. I wouldnā€™t think for one second someoneā€™s sex has anything to do with their hobbies and passions.
Sponsored

tyanks1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT/Calif Special, 2022 BMW M240xi
Hi all, new member here... We own a 2008 GT/Calif Special Vert w/5 speed and love it

Also own a new 2022 BMW M240xi, reason I state this is when that new Generation G42 was revealed in fall 2021 and there was almost universal hatred, I for one kind of liked it. After the dust settled, folks opinions changed and most love the new Generation now, just took time to get used to it and also see numerous positive professional reviews.

That said, give this a few weeks/months and see if your opinion changes or not. I waited 4 months after ordering my 2022 M240, was exciting though a long wait

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
Where did you read that? Honestly I highly doubt it.
1663208363043.jpeg
This sentence from the press release, perhaps? "Mustangā€™s default instrument gauge setting has shifted from traditional, cool blue and light grey tones to an ultra-modern, copper appearance theme also shared with Mustang Mach-E."

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I'm liking the improvements made to the 5.0. The dual intakes is a very cool and badass feature. I like the exterior overall, a few nitpicks here and there. I do not like the dash at all. The stuck-on tablet look is terrible.
I agree with this. I still don't like the big grille but the rear looks cool. I already disliked the tablet look in other cars, so it's disappointing to see it in a Mustang.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Wellā€¦ thatā€™s it boys. thePill is doneā€¦

Everything thePill had discovered about the S550/S650 program since 2013 has been distributed and now, this is the endā€¦ The next Mustang that comes out simply will not be an automobile and unfortunately, thePillā€™s expertise ends with the introduction of an electric appliance.

Gas engines, transmissions, gears and axles and for the most part, the traditional automotive structure is all going away and that is where this journey ends. The 2024 Mustang is AWESOME and I have no doubt that the 8th Generation Mustang will leave them all in the dust, including the 1st Genā€¦ thePill expects the 8th Gen to resemble the 1st Gen anyway.

To all the Mustang fans, sorry we didnā€™t get the 2017 GT500. We eventually got it but just a few years too late. Apologies that we never got to realize a lightweight S550/650. Every time they remove weight, they add twice as much content. Fingers crossed for an S550/S650 GT350 and GT500 and I hope we get to see WHY the S650 deserved its own chassis designation, still hoping for a shorter wheelbase option.

To the Camaro crowd, thePill is sorry the 6th Gen didnā€™t cut it and the z28 was canceled. He had hoped reporting it early would have saved the 7th Gen Camaro but you need to come to terms with the fact that NOBODY on ANY forum caused the Camaro to die, it was GM the whole time.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun and thePill typed A LOT of words but sadly, it is over. The Mustang won the Pony Car war, is the King Muscle Car and a champion of Motorsport and the Last of the gas engine V8ā€™s. Special thanks to everyone in the Industry and Media that canā€™t keep their mouths shut and super special thanks to the Mustang community over the last 10-12 years.

What a wonderful Era of the Automobile, some truly unforgettable cars were produced since the Mustang was reinvented in 2005 and itā€™s been almost nonstop for 20 years. By the time the 8th Gen is in camo, thePill will be approaching 50ā€¦ the industry has moved on without us and itā€™s time thePill moves on tooā€¦

SSgt Kevin M. McKinney
Ret. USAF OIF/OEF
S650 Mustang šŸŽ‰ The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! hahaa-dan

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Wow! I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I could see myself dailying that gray/blue (Vapor Blue is the name?) GT coupe, or maybe a Dark Horse if it comes in that color, with a blower and maybe more aggressive cams.

They fixed the entire back half of the ugly European looking S550 IMHO. It looks a million times better! Especially the taillights. The front end also looks better and more aggressive than the S550 GT.

I'm not a fan of the iPad interior trend, either, but given everything else about the new S650, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Overall, I think this is a HUGE improvement over the S550 GT and just might be my next daily driver.

Thank you Ford!!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This sentence from the press release, perhaps? "Mustangā€™s default instrument gauge setting has shifted from traditional, cool blue and light grey tones to an ultra-modern, copper appearance theme also shared with Mustang Mach-E."
OK, I get it. The theme may mimic the Mach-E, not the dash board itself. Anybody on here have Sync 4? Do we have the option of multiple themes? How about the ability to add our own pics like on Sync 2?

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Not much of a fan but I'm sure it will "probably" grow on me. Fortunately the profile is still classic Mustang. However the front looks Camaro-ish to me and the back resembles the Mustang Mach-E. Maybe Ford did that on purpose, dunno.

Do not like the interior. It no longer looks like an aircraft cockpit. After all, the Mustang "WAS" the premier U.S. fighter aircraft of WWII and most previous interiors were styled as such.

I believe 6th gen and earlier will become more sought after and valuable.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I agree with this. I still don't like the big grille but the rear looks cool. I already disliked the tablet look in other cars, so it's disappointing to see it in a Mustang.
It seems folks that buy Teslas love the big 12" infotainment screen.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm still not 100% sure how I'm feeling about it. Keep looking up the pictures and coming back with a different opinion each time.

There is a LOT of Camaro vibe as some people have mentioned.
Interior looks decent, lot more modern than classic compared to S550.

It is a decent evolution. But I definitely think the front looks better than the rear. I love the unique tribars S550 has. This has been Mach-E'd a tad for my tastes, but again, I understand they're to get really young people into the brand.
I've picked up my Bullitt at 27, but it was the understated classic look.

This does look very modern and clean and that gray is great!

Julie mustang 2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2022 premium convertable
Hi, I ordered a mustang convertible 2022 in March and Iā€™m still waiting for it. So I thought I might wait for the 7th gen in Summer 2023. But life is doing thingsā€¦I saw the S650 yesterday and I got the confirmation that my 2022 is built. So I will definitely buy the 2022 because the 2024 lost itā€™s ā€œsoulā€. I donā€™t like the IPad interior screen and I want a physical button to switch on to get my seats hot in the winter and wonā€™t turn off when I shut down the car !

Iā€™m I making the right decision ?
Sponsored