• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It seems everywhere I go these days the streets are packed. Lots of stop and go. I’ll also start having to commute to work again after my company has had us working from home for the last couple years.

I’d love some more low end torque. I don’t even care if the HP stays the same or goes up much.
Just swap rear end gears. Your 2016 will feel plenty strong at launch with 3.73 rear gears.
Sponsored

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Just swap rear end gears. Your 2016 will feel plenty strong at launch with 3.73 rear gears.
Should be offered as an option from the factory.

Beats replacing the stock gears and creating waste, sourcing new parts, and paying for install.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Should be offered as an option from the factory.

Beats replacing the stock gears and creating waste, sourcing new parts, and paying for install.
It was an option in 2016.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Sorry, I just spotted the big hole in my argument and the vagueness of the Ford Statement - the qualifying word "Based". So as it is "Based" on the 5.0 Coyote, it could be anything - 5.4 etc.
True. The Voodoo and Predator 5.2s were based on the coyote as well.