• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
OMFG they really just used the camod S550 again. The rear lines are 100% the Gen 6 and not the Gen 7... The horizontal line next to the diffusor is not on Gen 7...
s550.jpg

The front upper line also doesn't fit the Gen 6. The "lip" above the grillle is more pointed upwards/horizontal, not as slooping down...
1662745576736.png
1662745594884.png
Of course. Twin turbo mentioned that possibility. You can see the side skirts and rear valence are the same. It’s an s550 wearing camo to pretend it’s the s650 camo car. The headlights and tails are different than the camo s650s we’ve been seeing also.

this way, if something unfortunate happens, the new design will not be compromised prior to reveal.

kind of super lame, but also completely understandable.

I imagine security of protecting IP if the car was stolen somehow is also too big of a concern to use an actual s650.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Of course. Twin turbo mentioned that possibility. You can see the side skirts and rear valence are the same. It’s an s550 wearing camo to pretend it’s the s650 camo car. The headlights and tails are different than the camo s650s we’ve been seeing also.

this way, if something unfortunate happens, the new design will not be compromised prior to reveal.

kind of super lame, but also completely understandable.

I imagine security of protecting IP if the car was stolen somehow is also too big of a concern to use an actual s650.
But then there's the issue that this prototype has been caught revving at events. To my ears, and many others, it sounds different than the s550. It could be a number of things. Maybe it's a s650 powertrain in an s550 shell. Maybe these prototypes are using a mix of s550 and s650 body parts, as that's pretty common with earlier prototypes. Or it could be something else.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
But then there's the issue that this prototype has been caught revving at events. To my ears, and many others, it sounds different than the s550. It could be a number of things. Maybe it's a s650 powertrain in an s550 shell. Maybe these prototypes are using a mix of s550 and s650 body parts, as that's pretty common with earlier prototypes. Or it could be something else.
people will hear it during the drive. I haven’t heard it myself. Putting a gen 4 in the s550 is not a difficult task.

the lines on the camo car look off and you can see the rear skirt looks identical to s550, whereas other camo cars have something entirely different going on in the back.