• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
on second look the most interesting thing is the MSRP. If they could pull that off, then this is a winner no matter what it looks like. :D
Sponsored

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Wow, you're a happy little camper, aren't you? Welcome to Mustang6g :thumbsup:

Actually, it's very similar to S550, so I think it has a strong Mustang vide, but each to their own, eh? :)

S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed S550%202018%20v2_zpssykevvtf

S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed 2015-Ford-Mustang-1
Sorry, but that looks nothing like a Mustang. LIke someone said earlier, looks more like a Vette. No thanks.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
7th Generation Mustang (S650) Info:

"Program code for the next‐generation Mustang (S550(ng)) has been changed to S650 and the SOP has been shifted back from January 2022 to May 2020. Subsequently, the EOP for the S550 has been moved to April 2020.

(See page 15 of PDF report attached)

Some other great Ford items...

FORD GROUP

- Production for the Ford Edge (CD539) has been moved ahead to September 2021 from December 2021. The program code for Ford Edge (CD539(ng)) has been updated to CDX706. In addition,
production has been moved ahead to October 2021 from January 2022.

- Current‐generation Ford Escape (C520)’s facelift timing has been moved to March 2016 from June 2015; production will end November 2018. Subsequently, timings for the Ford Escape (C482) have been adjusted at both Cuautitlán and Louisville Truck with SOP December 2018, a refresh for January 2022, and EOP for August 2024.

- EOP for Ford Explorer (U502) has been moved back to December 2018 from September 2018. This results in a timing shift for the Ford Explorer (U625 having an SOP in January 2019, a facelift for January 2022, and an EOP for December 2025).

- Rather than the next‐generation Fiesta, the C484 program will be a Small Car to replace the Fiesta at Cuautitlán. The Ford Flex (D471) and Lincoln MKT (D472) EOPs have been moved out three years from December 2015 to December 2018.

- Program code for the next‐generation Mustang (S550(ng)) has been changed to S650 and the SOP has been shifted back from January 2022 to May 2020. Subsequently, the EOP for the S550 has been moved to April 2020.

- The lifecycle for the Ford Taurus (D258) has been extended out beyond our forecast horizon to June 2023 from June 2017.

- EOP for the Lincoln Continental (D544) has been moved from March 2022 to May 2023 and therefore shifting the next‐generation out of the forecast horizon.

- Added a Large Sedan to the forecast for Lincoln with a program code of CD714, SOP of July 2020, facelift of Jul‐2023, and EOP of June 2026.

- Lincoln Midsize SUV (U611) SOP shifted from February 2019 to January 2019.

- The next‐generation Lincoln MKX SOP was moved out from January 2021 to March 2022. The program code was also changed from U540(ng) to CDX707. The facelift for the CDX707 was changed as well from December 2023 to March 2025 and the EOP from December 2026 to February 2028. The U540 EOP was shifted as a result from December 2020 to February 2022 and the facelift from November 2017 to May 2018.

- The Lincoln MKZ (CD533) EOP was extended from July 2018 to June 2019. The next‐generation MKZ (CD622) was moved from the Hermosillo plant to Flat Rock Assembly with an SOP of July 2019 (was August 2018), facelift of July 2022 (was July 2021), and EOP of June 2026 (was July 2024).

S650 Mustang 7th Generation.jpg
The document is dated from Jun 2015. A lot has changed since then, not sure how good this information is.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That means we will have a S650 in the fall of next year!!!!
Sadly not. If you read through the 40-odd pages, you'll see the latest info put S650 as a '23MY, so revealed early 2022. I'll get excited once we start to see some mules, followed by prototypes, but we're probably still 12 months from seeing the former.

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
I don't know about you guys, but for me, it's the sound of the V8 engine. It's a song I don't think I can live without. I understand it's the direction everyone is going with efficiency and the pressure from the government to constantly push gas mileage and reduce emissions, but nothing puts hair on your chest like a muscle car V8.

There is nothing more glorious sounding than V8 muscle, and to hear that sound turn into higher pitched V6's with turbos is not something I'm ready for. I do like the exotic sounding cars, but the deeper V8 rumble is still the best to me.

The Coyota 5.0 has a fantastic sound over the new LT-1 even in my opinion. I'm sure it makes you feel great when you hit that gas pedal.
I couldn’t agree more about the V8 sound. I had a Buick Grand National for 20 years, but it’s sound was never as gratifying as was my 2012 GTCS with GT500 over axles and muffs, and now the glorious Bullitt. I’m hoping to keep this one until I can no longer drive, then give it to my son.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I couldn’t agree more about the V8 sound. I had a Buick Grand National for 20 years, but it’s sound was never as gratifying as was my 2012 GTCS with GT500 over axles and muffs, and now the glorious Bullitt. I’m hoping to keep this one until I can no longer drive, then give it to my son.
It was cool hearing the turbo spool up though.

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Sadly not. If you read through the 40-odd pages, you'll see the latest info put S650 as a '23MY, so revealed early 2022. I'll get excited once we start to see some mules, followed by prototypes, but we're probably still 12 months from seeing the former.
I'm looking to buy a brand new Mustang GT in the next 1 or 2 months. But with the news of the 7th generation Mustang coming out in 2022, I would like to see what it would be but waiting until 2022 at this point seems like quite a while to wait to get into a Mustang. Would it be worth waiting until early 2022 to buy the 7th generation Mustang? Or just enjoy the current Mustang?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If you're looking to buy now, just do it and enjoy it.

The '23MY is over 3 years away. That being said there might...........might be a refresh for the '21MY, but we know as much about that as we do the '23MY :crazy:

S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed ford-mustang-hybrid-possible-test-mule

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
I'm looking to buy a brand new Mustang GT in the next 1 or 2 months. But with the news of the 7th generation Mustang coming out in 2022, I would like to see what it would be but waiting until 2022 at this point seems like quite a while to wait to get into a Mustang. Would it be worth waiting until early 2022 to buy the 7th generation Mustang? Or just enjoy the current Mustang?
If you like your current car, I'd just wait. New design, new platform (hopefully), hopefully lighter weight, hopefully performance oriented hybrid implementation, maybe the DCT comes as an option too. Based on the current rate, I'd say it'll be something close to 500hp unless they keep it as the Gen 3 for the first two years.

If you want a Mustang now, just jump on in and enjoy it.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
But with the news of the 7th generation Mustang coming out in 2022, I would like to see what it would be but waiting until 2022 at this point seems like quite a while to wait to get into a Mustang. Would it be worth waiting until early 2022 to buy the 7th generation Mustang? Or just enjoy the current Mustang?
Too many questions! But there is only one answer really.
Life is too short to wait for something that may or may not happen when you expect it. Buy now and enjoy, I certainly did.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
You can just outright STEAL a used '15-'17 now too -- that would be more than enough to tide you over, and the most accelerated depreciation is over with on those cars, so it's not such a financial hit -- but if you want new, you want new -- and I totally get that. The feeling of ordering a new car is worth it at least once. The '18 refresh still leaves the car one of the best looking cars on the market -- but I'm not sure about the direction Ford is taking: I don't like the '18 as much as the '15, and the front of the GT500 -- while full of functional aero -- kind of ugly to me -- so I have no idea what the 7th generation car will look like, or if it will look good -- it seems like they set the bar really high for the S550, and there's not much room to improve on it. I'm trying to think back to when we first got a glimpse of what the S550 really looked like -- members like chazcron gave us an amazing preview -- it seems he's been working hard on the C8, so who knows. I don't know what you're driving now, but the S550 doesn't disappoint.

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
First off, thank you to everyone who replied! I appreciate it!

If you're looking to buy now, just do it and enjoy it.

The '23MY is over 3 years away. That being said there might...........might be a refresh for the '21MY, but we know as much about that as we do the '23MY :crazy:

ford-mustang-hybrid-possible-test-mule.jpg
Yea I don't think I can wait until about 3 years to get into a Mustang GT. My priorities can certainly change 3 years from now, so I might as well do it while I still can, lol! :like:

If you like your current car, I'd just wait. New design, new platform (hopefully), hopefully lighter weight, hopefully performance oriented hybrid implementation, maybe the DCT comes as an option too. Based on the current rate, I'd say it'll be something close to 500hp unless they keep it as the Gen 3 for the first two years.

If you want a Mustang now, just jump on in and enjoy it.
My current car is a 2015 Subaru STI. I've had it for almost 5 years, and while I enjoyed the car I just grew tired of it and wanted to move on to something else. I've experienced V8 power before with a 2013 Camaro SS, but I've always wanted to try a Mustang GT.

Too many questions! But there is only one answer really.
Life is too short to wait for something that may or may not happen when you expect it. Buy now and enjoy, I certainly did.
Yes, you are correct! Life is too short! Might as well buy it and enjoy it while I still can!

You can just outright STEAL a used '15-'17 now too -- that would be more than enough to tide you over, and the most accelerated depreciation is over with on those cars, so it's not such a financial hit -- but if you want new, you want new -- and I totally get that. The feeling of ordering a new car is worth it at least once. The '18 refresh still leaves the car one of the best looking cars on the market -- but I'm not sure about the direction Ford is taking: I don't like the '18 as much as the '15, and the front of the GT500 -- while full of functional aero -- kind of ugly to me -- so I have no idea what the 7th generation car will look like, or if it will look good -- it seems like they set the bar really high for the S550, and there's not much room to improve on it. I'm trying to think back to when we first got a glimpse of what the S550 really looked like -- members like chazcron gave us an amazing preview -- it seems he's been working hard on the C8, so who knows. I don't know what you're driving now, but the S550 doesn't disappoint.
I see your point with saving money on a used '15-'17, but I have my eyes set on a 2018+ Mustang GT because I want to get one with the A10 transmission. I have seen dealers around me that still have brand new 2018 Mustangs still sitting on their lot that are discounted, so I'll try my luck on getting one of those first.
Sponsored