• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I don't know, it looks too similar to the S550. I'm really afraid there won't be enough change to warrant buying one.
I hope I'm wrong. Hell, if it looks the same and uses the same engine but comes with double wishbone suspension and swapped out a lot of steel for aluminum, I'd be very happy with that.

I think the car needs to get smaller and much lighter.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I don't know, it looks too similar to the S550. I'm really afraid there won't be enough change to warrant buying one.
I hope I'm wrong. Hell, if it looks the same and uses the same engine but comes with double wishbone suspension and swapped out a lot of steel for aluminum, I'd be very happy with that.

It's really hard to tell from camos and covers...but from what I've read up to this point, the car will def NOT be smaller or lighter (quite the opposite)

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition
I am getting excited but trying to keep my expectations low. Harder to be disappointed that way. I am hoping it is nice, but not too nice. I don't want to feel the need to sell my car and get the new one. :)

Anyways, I wouldn't want to buy the first year of a redesign/refresh again. For one, there are always going to be bugs to work out. Also, the '10 Owners really got screwed. They got the 4.0, 4.6, and iron 5.4. One year later, they switched to the 3.7, 5.0, and the aluminum 5.4. I had the My Ford Touch (wasn't THAT bad actually) in my '15. One year later, they switched to Sync 3.

They are saying the engines are carryovers. I am thinking maybe that will change with the following year. IDK.

I better not go against my better judgement and get the '24 anyways. This post is more to dissuade me than anyone else. :)

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Agreed - but it won't. I hope I'm wrong, but with dimensions similar to the S550 "Il Mustang Superleggera" would cost a fortune.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The inside is better then the outside. I got to sit in it over a year ago and love with they did to the Interior.

JD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee - 6 Mustangs in the past
So what are the chances that the new Mustang is out in the wild without camo?

My Dad swears he saw a new car - that he says had the pony in the grill and Mustang markings, looked smaller the current pony. He said it 'ugly' -- but, he'd probably say that about any car post-1966.

Background: we're in metro Detroit (Sterling Hts. - a mile from the Ford SH plant), not normally an area where you'd see testing mules. He says he saw this in the M59/M53 area. Back in the pre-launch of the SN197 days, my cuz and I would head west to Westland-area where Rousch had camo'd test mules... but, we're talking a 45 minutes or so from where I am now.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
So what are the chances that the new Mustang is out in the wild without camo?

My Dad swears he saw a new car - that he says had the pony in the grill and Mustang markings, looked smaller the current pony. He said it 'ugly' -- but, he'd probably say that about any car post-1966.

Background: we're in metro Detroit (Sterling Hts. - a mile from the Ford SH plant), not normally an area where you'd see testing mules. He says he saw this in the M59/M53 area. Back in the pre-launch of the SN197 days, my cuz would head west to Westland-area where Rousch had a camo'd test mules... but, we're talking a 45 minutes or so from where I am now.
No shot it was S650 without camo.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
S650 being loaded up for the big reveal next week at the Detroit Auto Show!

135978FA-3218-4954-98C4-7FACD18C8163.png
1662564380003.png
Those Wheels look a lot like the 2021 BMW M4 Wheels

JD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee - 6 Mustangs in the past
No shot it was S650 without camo.
I wish I had confirmation that it was. I have my strong doubts. Obviously, I'll have my eyes a little more open when in the area.

Ford Van Dyke Electric Powertrain Center is basically around the corner from me. But, it's not what I would think would be a hub for these types of sightings.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am getting excited but trying to keep my expectations low. Harder to be disappointed that way. I am hoping it is nice, but not too nice. I don't want to feel the need to sell my car and get the new one. :)

Anyways, I wouldn't want to buy the first year of a redesign/refresh again. For one, there are always going to be bugs to work out. Also, the '10 Owners really got screwed. They got the 4.0, 4.6, and iron 5.4. One year later, they switched to the 3.7, 5.0, and the aluminum 5.4. I had the My Ford Touch (wasn't THAT bad actually) in my '15. One year later, they switched to Sync 3.

They are saying the engines are carryovers. I am thinking maybe that will change with the following year. IDK.

I better not go against my better judgement and get the '24 anyways. This post is more to dissuade me than anyone else. :)
Getting the first or second year is the best move because by the time the next gen comes you're all paid off and ready to buy

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
S650 being loaded up for the big reveal next week at the Detroit Auto Show!

135978FA-3218-4954-98C4-7FACD18C8163.png
1662564380003.png
Is it me or do the headlights seem to be inset more than normal or the center grill sticking out more? It seems like the gap between the headlights and the opening of the grill is bigger? I would absolutely welcome that.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

100 percent agree or it should have a top tier engine upgrade, it’s it’s neither then we got a problem
Sponsored