• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When are you buying the 7th Gen Mustang?

When are you buying the Next Gen?

• Total voters
OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I voted waiting to see what it looks like, but I'm also waiting to see performance upgrades. If it's essentially the same car underneath, I will have to be blown away by the exterior styling and interior to be interested.
Yes, I have to agree. Will have to perform better or looks. With the drop in HP, will be interesting where it lands.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
They have had some extra time to work the bugs out of the s650
True on time, but we know they take shortcuts. They will make the best car and take some things away to cut prices or hold for SE or the next MY.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I voted polls are dumb, because none of the options are quite right. But you gave it a good shot.

I'm not sure if I'm buying or not. If it thrills me and I have to own one then I'll buy. It's not just looks though. If it looks good but performance sucks, I'm out. If it costs too much, if they don't fix the manual transmission ratios, if it's too heavy, if it's too SUV-ish...

But if they put the 6.8 V8 in the Mustang with a manual transmission - who knows? I might buy even if it's expensive, not the greatest in the style department and porky.
Makes sense. Lots of choices we don't know yet, so I only bothered with very common choices. I think you do fall into waiting to see her. I Dr. Stranged it and there are over 2 Million possible outcomes. We are in the End Game now!

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I doubt I will ever buy one. I’ve never been someone who has to have the latest anything. It would have to be a huge improvement over my 350. My 350 is a garage stored weekend toy, so it should last me the rest of my life.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Need an option for "not planning on buying it, but I could be persuaded" haha

That's me.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I voted polls are dumb, because none of the options are quite right. But you gave it a good shot.

I'm not sure if I'm buying or not. If it thrills me and I have to own one then I'll buy. It's not just looks though. If it looks good but performance sucks, I'm out. If it costs too much, if they don't fix the manual transmission ratios, if it's too heavy, if it's too SUV-ish...

But if they put the 6.8 V8 in the Mustang with a manual transmission - who knows? I might buy even if it's expensive, not the greatest in the style department and porky.
I added your option to the poll.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
Hard to say, if as already mentioned here, this platform appears to be a refresh instead of significant developmental upgrade, but I would not expect this to be much more than a refresh. I think Ford is saving the big change for the next iteration, which will more than likely be either a hybrid or possibly an all electric version.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hard to say, if as already mentioned here, this platform appears to be a refresh instead of significant developmental upgrade, but I would not expect this to be much more than a refresh. I think Ford is saving the big change for the next iteration, which will more than likely be either a hybrid or possibly an all electric version.
Refresh could be fairly extensive though, correct? I think the S550 was a refresh of the S197. Is that right? Adding IRS was a pretty major change.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
If it's a refresh, I am certainly out. It's been over 7 years since the 2015 came out. Waiting several more years for major changes will hurt sales IMO. This would not be a next Gen IMO as well.

And, if this "refresh" is disappointing, lots of issues.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
Nov 17, 2014 the GT350 was unveiled. Since that day, I have dreamed of owning one and I have promised myself that I will (it was even in my wedding vows!). The prices for them have been going up recently. I am not sure if they will ever come back down. Also, paying over MSRP for a used vehicle with potentially no warranty also seems insane. I am very curious what the 7th Gen has to offer in terms of styling, power, options, and trims. Will they make another GT350 type car? I highly doubt it. But that is the bar that has been set. It will take a very special car to replace the want I have for a GT350.

I did say that when the Boss 302 was out. Didn't think anything could replace that. Ford said hold my beer and gave us the GT350. Fingers crossed they do that again, but I'm not optimistic.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Nov 17, 2014 the GT350 was unveiled. Since that day, I have dreamed of owning one and I have promised myself that I will (it was even in my wedding vows!). The prices for them have been going up recently. I am not sure if they will ever come back down. Also, paying over MSRP for a used vehicle with potentially no warranty also seems insane. I am very curious what the 7th Gen has to offer in terms of styling, power, options, and trims. Will they make another GT350 type car? I highly doubt it. But that is the bar that has been set. It will take a very special car to replace the want I have for a GT350.

I did say that when the Boss 302 was out. Didn't think anything could replace that. Ford said hold my beer and gave us the GT350. Fingers crossed they do that again, but I'm not optimistic.
Everything comes full circle. The rumor is an S650 Boss 302. Will it sound as good or rev as high as Voodoo? Probably not. But it should perform just as good, if not better, than the S550 GT350.

So, you still have hope!

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
Everything comes full circle. The rumor is an S650 Boss 302. Will it sound as good or rev as high as Voodoo? Probably not. But it should perform just as good, if not better, than the S550 GT350.

So, you still have hope!
I need that Voodoo sound haha.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

I think the reason for the GT350 beeing so desired is purely based on the high reving Voodoo engine. It's not crazy fast, the GT offers more potential for the $ and Ford had quite a few problems with the Voodoo...

However, in terms of pure driving experience it's one of a kind and that's why - at least in my experience - it's such a beloved car.

There will be a successor to the GT350 but I doubt it will offer what the GT350 had and what made it unique. If you are purely interested in speed/acceleration go and buy an electric car.
Sponsored