• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When are you buying the 7th Gen Mustang?

When are you buying the Next Gen?

• Total voters

SkyZykS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT manual fastback.
Electric is a brain wash, the last ICE Mustang will be the last car I drive!
Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
I think the reason for the GT350 beeing so desired is purely based on the high reving Voodoo engine. It's not crazy fast, the GT offers more potential for the $ and Ford had quite a few problems with the Voodoo...

However, in terms of pure driving experience it's one of a kind and that's why - at least in my experience - it's such a beloved car.

There will be a successor to the GT350 but I doubt it will offer what the GT350 had and what made it unique. If you are purely interested in speed/acceleration go and buy an electric car.
I could care less about 0-60. Iā€™m not looking for something fast/or to go drag racing. Iā€™m looking for the driving experience. Naturally aspirated with three pedals. Could I get that with a GT? Yes, but the 5.0 and the slush box Getrag would be lost in the sea of the overpopulated GTs on the road. Yes they made thousands of GT350s too, but Iā€™ve actually seen less than 30 (probably) since theyā€™ve came out. Not many in central WI.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Nov 17, 2014 the GT350 was unveiled. Since that day, I have dreamed of owning one and I have promised myself that I will (it was even in my wedding vows!). The prices for them have been going up recently. I am not sure if they will ever come back down. Also, paying over MSRP for a used vehicle with potentially no warranty also seems insane. I am very curious what the 7th Gen has to offer in terms of styling, power, options, and trims. Will they make another GT350 type car? I highly doubt it. But that is the bar that has been set. It will take a very special car to replace the want I have for a GT350.

I did say that when the Boss 302 was out. Didn't think anything could replace that. Ford said hold my beer and gave us the GT350. Fingers crossed they do that again, but I'm not optimistic.
A little off topic but how long after the 2015 GT was shown was the GT350 announced?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium Conv., 2017 Edge Sport
A little off topic but how long after the 2015 GT was shown was the GT350 announced?
The 2015 Mustang was revealed on December 5, 2013. The GT350 was unveiled November 17, 2014.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The 2015 Mustang was revealed on December 5, 2013. The GT350 was unveiled November 17, 2014.
Thank you. If the GT doesn't 'wow' me, I can wait less than a year for a performance announcement. If it does, I'll probably pull the trigger immediately!

OP
OP

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Nov 17, 2014 the GT350 was unveiled. Since that day, I have dreamed of owning one and I have promised myself that I will (it was even in my wedding vows!). The prices for them have been going up recently. I am not sure if they will ever come back down. Also, paying over MSRP for a used vehicle with potentially no warranty also seems insane. I am very curious what the 7th Gen has to offer in terms of styling, power, options, and trims. Will they make another GT350 type car? I highly doubt it. But that is the bar that has been set. It will take a very special car to replace the want I have for a GT350.

I did say that when the Boss 302 was out. Didn't think anything could replace that. Ford said hold my beer and gave us the GT350. Fingers crossed they do that again, but I'm not optimistic.
I was looking to buy a GT late 2014 and waiting for the GT350 pics...Was not liking it, so bought a 2015 in Dec. 2014. Then I saw one in person in 2016. Traded in the next month.

Ironically, every time I buy a mustang, I some how get a raise at work. Win win!

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
Refresh could be fairly extensive though, correct? I think the S550 was a refresh of the S197. Is that right? Adding IRS was a pretty major change.
I believe that the S197 and S550 are completely different platforms, but I could be in error here.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nope, S550 rides on a heavily modified version of D2C (which was a cheaper version of DEW98 which underpinned the Thunderbird, Lincoln LS and Jaguar S-Type)...........and S650 will have a heavily modified version of the heavily modified version :giggle:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
2025 at the earliest for me. After test driving a GT a week ago, I'm happily content with my EcoBoost at this time. Don't get me wrong, the current GT definitely impressed me (the sound is amazing and it's a blast in the straights), but for now I prefer my car's overall lighter feel and driving dynamics (especially when taking turns).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nope, S550 rides on a heavily modified version of D2C (which was a cheaper version of DEW98 which underpinned the Thunderbird, Lincoln LS and Jaguar S-Type)...........and S650 will have a heavily modified version of the heavily modified version :giggle:
Makes sense to start from an IRS platform for an IRS car. No wonder the current Mustang has such a luxurious ride. :wink:

This still sounds to me like a better place to start from than an SUV platform.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I think the reason for the GT350 beeing so desired is purely based on the high reving Voodoo engine. It's not crazy fast, the GT offers more potential for the $ and Ford had quite a few problems with the Voodoo...
not to mention it sounds like ass. Neither fish nor fowl. The Kooks headers dramatically improve the sound. But after that mod it sounds just like a Yamaha R1 liter bike. My $5000 650cc bike can pace a Mustang GT so short of part-time AWD via hybrid drive-train I don't get excited over car "performance"...

The S650 would have to scream Italian design or lose 500lbs to be a 'must buy'.

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I just put a lot of ā‚¬ into my supercharged 2016 AT to get a new motor with forged internals, because the first motor could not manage the power combined with my driving habits. Beside that I build a house right now and the first child will hopefully be on the way soon. Add to this Ford just canceled the Mustang S550 for germany and rumors say the Gen 7 will only come as hybrid here. Altogether these are strong indicators for not switching the platform.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC 90 T8
I couldnā€˜t find that information on Ford.de over here (yet).
And their online configurator (still) offered the GT as well as the Mach 1.
I have virtually assembled a GT convertible (EUR 65.000) and have just send that configuration to a local dealer. So far no message I couldnā€˜t get it.

S650 Mustang When are you buying the 7th Gen Mustang? 2C926981-166D-4852-869D-FA79CEA9C52D
Sponsored