• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This is what the 20-somethings like (2022 Subaru WRX) for drifting. What 20-something is going to fork over $45k for a Mustang GT with premium and performance packages when they can get a WRX for $10K less. The dash has a nice cleaner look than S650 and they can put their kids in the backseat.

2022 Subaru WRX dash.jpg
This looks like a 2008 Golf 6 interior with a glued on aftermarket tablet 😂
Sponsored

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
This is what the 20-somethings like (2022 Subaru WRX) for drifting. What 20-something is going to fork over $45k for a Mustang GT with premium and performance packages when they can get a WRX for $10K less. The dash has a nice cleaner look than S650 and they can put their kids in the backseat.

2022 Subaru WRX dash.jpg
remember, the wrx is a sports car, not a muscle car

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I haven't posted on m6g.com in years, but the S650 has not only brought me back to the forums, it will absolutely, positively, finally make an honest Mustang owner out of me.

A bit of backstory. The first 'stang I considered was back in the early S197 days, but life (money, school) got in the way. However, after I drove a '13 Boss 302 I really wanted one, but it would have to do daily driver duty and I knew I didn't want to live with that interior every single day. Eventually I go myself a 981 Boxster GTS 6-speed as a dedicated sports car (7 years now).

The early S550s didn't wow me enough to keep from buying a Challenger SRT 392 to scratch that muscle car itch (since traded for a Lexus LX570, offroad Dad life), and to this day I remain unimpressed with the GT350's vaunted flat plane crank. But for the past few months I have been contemplating getting a Mach 1, especially after a drive in a post refresh S550 GT with performance exhaust wowed me more than I expected. The S650 reveal would be what swayed me to go for it or wait.

Well, the reveal has come and gone, and I am all in for the S650. I likely won't get one until closer to the end of the gen, just to see what other models become available, but even if nothing else strikes my fancy, I am already pleased as punch at this "Mach 1.5" Dark Horse with the Tremec, GT350 brakes, and GT500 forged internals.

I see a lot of people here say this new Mustang looks too Camaro-ish. That actually works for me, as I prefer the butch appearing Alpha over the more Euro-esque S550. If I wasn't already in line for a MY2025 C8 to replace my Boxster, I would have likely bought a SS 1LE, but because the LT1 and LT 2 engines are so similar, I prefer a different experience for a second fun car. This new design makes me feel less apprehensive about missing out entirely on the Alpha Camaro.

I love the new car in side profile, and the rear is the money shot. I realize this is more refresh than all new, so I get the criticisms there, especially if you already own an S550. I like the reports of newer interior materials, and I don't mind an all digital dash, but like many of you I do not like the Mercedes-like execution of just slapping a large iPad in front of the driver instead of a more well integrated design (they were so close to pulling off a C8 style digital dash, and had they kept with that idea it would work so much better)

Either way, I know I'm buying an S650, with a Tremec and not the Chinesium Getrag. It's no longer a case of "if", but "when." :)

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Why would I stop calling something what it actually is????
Oh my God, no-one cares what you have to say. Most of us love it enjoy staying stuck in the past.
Last night's demo showed off the designers of the new Mustang's interior. A couple of Gen Z folks with industrial design degrees. They are the ones that pushed for the Fox body dash software.
Looked more like millennials to me. Nothing wrong with that. More talented than most of the designers from previous decades.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Oh hey there

7th-gen-2024-mustang-s650-3 copy.jpg
The s650 actually looks good, and is classically proportioned. The m4 has a massive grille. Don't see any similarities between the two considering the s650 grille surround isn't even that big.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I bought my s550 Premium GT Performance Pack at 25 because I wanted a good looking, fast, sporty, powerful car that could handle daily commuting and also be entertaining when I wanted to get wild with it.

The Subaru is butt ugly (subjective but still.) and is also AWD with a whopping 271HP, I'm not entirely sure it's capable of breaking the tires loose at all, let alone "drifting".

Currently there aren't too many options in that category, but the WRX sure as hell isn't one of them. I can't speak for everyone but I seriously doubt the younger 20-something crowd is crossing shopping "driftable sports cars" with "can I put my kids in the back"
There's a 20-something right across the street from me that has WRX. He put a loud muffler on it, and it sounds like he's racing at 20 mph.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I am beginning to warm up to the exterior even though I think it lost some of the nice lines and gloss black back end that the 550 has. I do prefer the 2018 + headlights curving downwards at the back end (very different than most cars). That big, clumsy and awkward looking interior dash, however, I will never warm up to ... I will stay ice cold on that now and well into the future.

JRYS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, e30
The s650 actually looks good, and is classically proportioned. The m4 has a massive grille. Don't see any similarities between the two considering the s650 grille surround isn't even that big.
The similarities I see:
  • Rear fender arch design
  • Wheel design
  • Front lower vent shapes
  • Even the primary grille vents use similar angles/shapes
  • Similar proportions and headlight height
  • Front hood downward curve is identical, and the sharp cut into the grill
Not saying either is better or worse, but I instantly saw M4 when I saw the press release

faser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
I'm 65 and have owned 14 Mustangs along with 10 Corvettes and 3 Porsches.
The 2024 GT will be my 15th with a manual. Looks like Ford did a fine job with this car.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
When can we expect pricing? I assume not until early Spring 2023-ish?

MyPro5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Manual
Sounds good brother. You have one on order already?
As soon as they open orders we will have one if not two on order. Debating on doing the Sema builds again if we find a spot through one of the sponsors. Would love work with you all again and sport you on the side of the car again for another few years!

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As soon as they open orders we will have one if not two on order. Debating on doing the Sema builds again if we find a spot through one of the sponsors. Would love work with you all again and sport you on the side of the car again for another few years!
Sounds good sir. Let us know once you get your order in and we'll discuss options :rockon:

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I love the refresh design and would love to get the DH version, but if Ford limits the vehicle numbers like the Mach 1 and greedy dealers push the MSRP out of the window with sky high ADMs the car will be for me just a dream and a wall poster. They should allow the DH to be sold like the MACH-E on line and no markups. The dealers would still have their GT500 allocations to sell with crazy ADMs. Something tells me this will be another limited run and a major money maker for the greedy dealers.
Sponsored