• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hi, I ordered a mustang convertible 2022 in March and I’m still waiting for it. So I thought I might wait for the 7th gen in Summer 2023. But life is doing things…I saw the S650 yesterday and I got the confirmation that my 2022 is built. So I will definitely buy the 2022 because the 2024 lost it’s “soul”. I don’t like the IPad interior screen and I want a physical button to switch on to get my seats hot in the winter and won’t turn off when I shut down the car !

I’m I making the right decision ?
Julie, you do you. The S650 is a long ways off. Who knows maybe your opinion of it will change by them. But you will love your 22 vert. That’s a definite, the S650, not so much.

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Wow...oh wow! My quick and dirty break-down.

Front: 7/10...not sure about the updated grill and headlights. A bigger gloss grill doesn't do well with me.

Hood Design: 10/10...looks amazing.

Engine Bay: 8/10...I think it's going to be great, but would like to see the entire bay, vs a few random pics.

Interior: 10/10...but wish AC controls were still present.

Rear: 8/10...will have to see in-person. I do like the fact the center is now painted and the wing shown on the GT version looks stunning.

Overall...8/10, but doesn't necessarily mean I'll be selling my '18 GT (PP1) anytime soon. Time will tell and ultimately need to see it first hand.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
It seems folks that buy Teslas love the big 12" infotainment screen.
I'm fine with a cool digital screen if it's integrated with the shape of the dash, but I don't like when it sticks out and looks like a tablet.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Hi, I ordered a mustang convertible 2022 in March and I’m still waiting for it. So I thought I might wait for the 7th gen in Summer 2023. But life is doing things…I saw the S650 yesterday and I got the confirmation that my 2022 is built. So I will definitely buy the 2022 because the 2024 lost it’s “soul”. I don’t like the IPad interior screen and I want a physical button to switch on to get my seats hot in the winter and won’t turn off when I shut down the car !

I’m I making the right decision ?
Last night's demo showed off the designers of the new Mustang's interior. A couple of Gen Z folks with industrial design degrees. They are the ones that pushed for the Fox body dash software.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm fine with a cool digital screen if it's integrated with the shape of the dash, but I don't like when it sticks out and looks like a tablet.
The more I look at it, the less I’m thrilled by it. And I’m a tech guy. It just doesn’t say Mustang to me.

S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 1663266606956

Julie mustang 2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2022 premium convertable
Julie, you do you. The S650 is a long ways off. Who knows maybe your opinion of it will change by them. But you will love your 22 vert. That’s a definite, the S650, not so much.
Thank you Ira - it's my first Mustang, so I want to make a wise decision since my 2022 is not delivered yet and the 2024 is around the corner. But I have 2 cars to give in exchange, so now it's a good time to do so. If i get in love with the 2024 once it's out on the market, I can sell my 2022 without a big loss I guess :)

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
I don’t dislike it. But I sure wouldn’t be trading my Bullitt for one. However, if I was hunting for a new car, I’d certainly give it a look. Nothing there that would stop me from buying it.

It just isn’t an all new Mustang. It’s as much a new generation as the 1987 Fox was. Just a reskin of the existing car. Probably the best we can hope for in these times, and I’m thrilled we can still get a manual.

Btw, did anyone see a Mach -E amongst all those clips of Mustang owners?
I saw two Mach-Es at the Mustang Stampede. They didn’t have any on display at Hart Plaza. I wouldn’t be sad to have a Mach-E GT since they are pretty fast.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Not sure about this yet, have to see it in person. its always easy to say something new doesnt work when you have the previous version. But a few thoughts:
- I like the front but not the Dark Horse in white, it looks like a Honda Accord, but I prefer the other model front ends anyway
- rear end, not sure something feel weird to me but will wait until I see it in person
- Interior, god I hate to say it but I think it is awful. I had a fox body, would never trade that interior for my S550 interior, I like the displays but it seems out of place for me, the vents and whatever that is below the vents is weird.
- Engine, seems like some great improvements
- I do think it has lost some of the retro-mustang 1960’s feel, maybe more fox body and early 70’s now.

Overall pretty cool, cool enough for me to sell a nearly paid off S550, probably not. Sure glad they made the decision to still with the V8!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The more I look at it, the less I’m thrilled by it. And I’m a tech guy. It just doesn’t say Mustang to me.

1663266606956.jpeg
Like when Mercury changed the 1979 Mercury Cougar analog dash to the 1980 Mercury Cougar digital dash. Customers hated it and sales went down from there.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

1663266606956.jpeg
The only thing I just can't stand are the many unchanged S550 elements. Door opener, door handle, cup holder, shift knob... These chrome painted plastic parts already felt cheap and dated in the Gen 6 and shouldn't be in a new model releasing in 2023

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Do not like the interior. It no longer looks like an aircraft cockpit. After all, the Mustang "WAS" the premier U.S. fighter aircraft of WWII and most previous interiors were styled as such.
It no longer looks like a WW2 aircraft. If we're talking about modern fighters, the F-22 and 35 are spot on with the screen set up we've been given.

S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 1663267757454

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what the 20-somethings like (2022 Subaru WRX) for drifting. What 20-something is going to fork over $45k for a Mustang GT with premium and performance packages when they can get a WRX for $10K less. The dash has a nice cleaner look than S650 and they can put their kids in the backseat.

S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! 2022 Subaru WRX dash

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
This is what the 20-somethings like (2022 Subaru WRX) for drifting. What 20-something is going to fork over $45k for a Mustang GT with premium and performance packages when they can get a WRX for $10K less. The dash has a nice cleaner look than S650 and they can put their kids in the backseat.

2022 Subaru WRX dash.jpg
I bought my s550 Premium GT Performance Pack at 25 because I wanted a good looking, fast, sporty, powerful car that could handle daily commuting and also be entertaining when I wanted to get wild with it.

The Subaru is butt ugly (subjective but still.) and is also AWD with a whopping 271HP, I'm not entirely sure it's capable of breaking the tires loose at all, let alone "drifting".

Currently there aren't too many options in that category, but the WRX sure as hell isn't one of them. I can't speak for everyone but I seriously doubt the younger 20-something crowd is crossing shopping "driftable sports cars" with "can I put my kids in the back"
Sponsored