• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 Sold-#508 LE 50TH Aniv.
I’m case no one noticed, Recaro seats are finally ventilated 😍😍
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Why would I stop calling something what it actually is????
Only the engines are gen 2/3. The S550 is a gen 6, I think that is what he meant.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I sure won’t be one. Let’s be honest. It’s not an all new Mustang. It’s a mild refresh and reskin. Compared to what I have now, it really offers nothing that would make me want to eat $25k to buy it. I agree that the current interior needed a refresh, and the materials quality was awful. But functionally the combo of buttons and screens worked reasonably well. The only issues I’ve ever had with mine was the aforementioned cheap interior, and I-wish it had a Tremec instead of the Getrag. Or at least a well geared Getrag. The new one isn’t really offering me anything substantial (4% power increase, at best, isn’t substantial), other then substantially more debt.
I get that. But your the few that actually care about true specs. The majority will see faster engine/updated looks/ ledpanel interior etc.

17-18 was just like this and those are a strong seller since day one as well. For 18 and newer owners they may hold for a bit the masses will not choose the 6th over 7th I am sure.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Well… that’s it boys. thePill is done…

Everything thePill had discovered about the S550/S650 program since 2013 has been distributed and now, this is the end… The next Mustang that comes out simply will not be an automobile and unfortunately, thePill’s expertise ends with the introduction of an electric appliance.

Gas engines, transmissions, gears and axles and for the most part, the traditional automotive structure is all going away and that is where this journey ends. The 2024 Mustang is AWESOME and I have no doubt that the 8th Generation Mustang will leave them all in the dust, including the 1st Gen… thePill expects the 8th Gen to resemble the 1st Gen anyway.

To all the Mustang fans, sorry we didn’t get the 2017 GT500. We eventually got it but just a few years too late. Apologies that we never got to realize a lightweight S550/650. Every time they remove weight, they add twice as much content. Fingers crossed for an S550/S650 GT350 and GT500 and I hope we get to see WHY the S650 deserved its own chassis designation, still hoping for a shorter wheelbase option.

To the Camaro crowd, thePill is sorry the 6th Gen didn’t cut it and the z28 was canceled. He had hoped reporting it early would have saved the 7th Gen Camaro but you need to come to terms with the fact that NOBODY on ANY forum caused the Camaro to die, it was GM the whole time.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun and thePill typed A LOT of words but sadly, it is over. The Mustang won the Pony Car war, is the King Muscle Car and a champion of Motorsport and the Last of the gas engine V8’s. Special thanks to everyone in the Industry and Media that can’t keep their mouths shut and super special thanks to the Mustang community over the last 10-12 years.

What a wonderful Era of the Automobile, some truly unforgettable cars were produced since the Mustang was reinvented in 2005 and it’s been almost nonstop for 20 years. By the time the 8th Gen is in camo, thePill will be approaching 50… the industry has moved on without us and it’s time thePill moves on too…

SSgt Kevin M. McKinney
Ret. USAF OIF/OEF

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I get it, just not my thing.

The front bumper is a little much. The dark horse version looks better. Maybe that's ford's way of testing a new design as opposed to how GM did it with the shocker camaro bumper.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
The front is growing on me but the rear looks like a camaro. Also what’s up with that huge piece of plastic they’re calling a diffuser in the rear, it takes up almost half the bumper, hopefully it doesn’t fade or this thing will be ugly. Also anybody notice they used the easily scratched plastic from the rear deck lid on the hood vent.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well… that’s it boys. thePill is done…

Everything thePill had discovered about the S550/S650 program since 2013 has been distributed and now, this is the end… The next Mustang that comes out simply will not be an automobile and unfortunately, thePill’s expertise ends with the introduction of an electric appliance.

Gas engines, transmissions, gears and axles and for the most part, the traditional automotive structure is all going away and that is where this journey ends. The 2024 Mustang is AWESOME and I have no doubt that the 8th Generation Mustang will leave them all in the dust, including the 1st Gen… thePill expects the 8th Gen to resemble the 1st Gen anyway.

To all the Mustang fans, sorry we didn’t get the 2017 GT500. We eventually got it but just a few years too late. Apologies that we never got to realize a lightweight S550/650. Every time they remove weight, they add twice as much content. Fingers crossed for an S550/S650 GT350 and GT500 and I hope we get to see WHY the S650 deserved its own chassis designation, still hoping for a shorter wheelbase option.

To the Camaro crowd, thePill is sorry the 6th Gen didn’t cut it and the z28 was canceled. He had hoped reporting it early would have saved the 7th Gen Camaro but you need to come to terms with the fact that NOBODY on ANY forum caused the Camaro to die, it was GM the whole time.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun and thePill typed A LOT of words but sadly, it is over. The Mustang won the Pony Car war, is the King Muscle Car and a champion of Motorsport and the Last of the gas engine V8’s. Special thanks to everyone in the Industry and Media that can’t keep their mouths shut and super special thanks to the Mustang community over the last 10-12 years.

What a wonderful Era of the Automobile, some truly unforgettable cars were produced since the Mustang was reinvented in 2005 and it’s been almost nonstop for 20 years. By the time the 8th Gen is in camo, thePill will be approaching 50… the industry has moved on without us and it’s time thePill moves on too…

SSgt Kevin M. McKinney
Ret. USAF OIF/OEF
👏

jedilord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Tahoe
Front end looks way too much like a Camero. Not a big fan.

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
I quite like it. It's a 'freshened up' S550. But... My brother is an industrial designer and I've learned a lot about what goes into a redesign. What may look like a simple facelift can sometimes include a great many changes and improvements that are not visually identifiable. Small changes can yield big results (aka, changes).
All that being said, maybe it IS just a 'facelift' since this is most likely the last ICE engined Mustang we'll ever see.
I still love with my S550 GT Convertible so I don't need one. But if I was in the market, I'd be happy with it. I love the interior, especially the dash! The current Sync 3 system is very outdated and screen has the grainy resolution of a Gen1 ipad mini. It hurts my eyes when I get in after driving my 21 F-150 Powerboost XLT with the 12" Sync 4. That would be my ONLY reason to make the switch.
Sponsored