• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Today i checked ECat to see if Ford finally added S650 details to it yet, and they have, so i'm sharing some information with you guys

1. S650 part numbers that are new start with "PR3Z"
2. Ford is really weird about what has prices and what doesn't for the time being
3. The fuel system is the exact same as the S550, so no larger fuel tank or anything
4. All V8s have a dual cold air intake system (filters are not the same as the GT350/GT500/M1/Bullitt)
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683078397630

5. It looks like either all V8s have the GT500 cams, or none of them do, because there is only Left intake and exhaust, and right intake and exhaust, and they start with PR3Z
6. The oil filter on the V8s are still in the same, terrible place
7. The front underbody shield is now up to 4 parts, but even a base EcoBoost gets an oil pan shield now
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683078866247

(Dark Horse diagram shown)
8. The connecting rods, engine block, and crankshaft have what looks like different parts for the GT and DH engines
(DH is "5.0L V8 32V DOHC EFI Modular", GT is "MOD 5.0L-4V DOHC SEFI NA")
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683079419292

S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683079548413

9. Mufflers, resonator, and individual active exhaust parts can now be bought separate instead of having to buy the whole cat-back system
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683080042205

10. VDM is now mounted on the back of the trunk instead of under where the subwoofer would be
11. We now have brake-by-wire
12. There's mention of a DeurOS and Sync 4 in the infotainment parts, and different parts for each one
13. If you get the reduced capacity amplifier, you will need to replace a lot more than just the amp to undo that
14. A trailer towing module???
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683081640765

15. 6 taillight part numbers (PR3Z-13404/5-A/B/C), C seems to be the ones with the indicator at the bottom, A and B look the same? (no wiring info yet, can't tell)
16. Mustang joins the list of Fords where the Gateway Module is no longer the thing with the OBD2 port, but it's now hidden behind the center stack
17. Dedicated emergency call/SOS button
18. Confirmed Dark Horse puddle lamps (looks like it might be US only? uncertain)
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683083220996

19. Seats in Black Onyx, Medium Space Grey, Medium Light Space Grey, Carmine, Harvest Bronze, Deep Indigo, and Bright Indigo
20. Confirmed no heated/cooled functionality for Recaro seats (missing heating elements and blower assemblies)
21. No more secret compartment for the owner's manual
22. Unlikely unique Dark Horse keyfob
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683084440092

23. Different stripe designs for GT vs EcoBoost
24. Transmission cooler moved in front of the radiator
25. Stitching colors are Metal Grey, Gallery Grey, Race Red, Bright Indigo, Black
26. New version of the MT-82? has new part number
27. New version of the Tremec TR3160? has new part number too

there's some additional information at this post

Definitely some interesting findings and hopefully it answered some questions that were unknown until now
Sponsored

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Cool post! Where do you find this stuff?

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Today i checked ECat to see if Ford finally added S650 details to it yet, and they have, so i'm sharing some information with you guys

1. S650 part numbers that are new start with "PR3Z"
2. Ford is really weird about what has prices and what doesn't for the time being
3. The fuel system is the exact same as the S550, so no larger fuel tank or anything
4. All V8s have a dual cold air intake system (filters are not the same as the GT350/GT500/M1/Bullitt)
1683078397630.png

5. It looks like either all V8s have the GT500 cams, or none of them do, because there is only Left intake and exhaust, and right intake and exhaust, and they start with PR3Z
6. The oil filter on the V8s are still in the same, terrible place
7. The front underbody shield is now up to 4 parts, but even a base EcoBoost gets an oil pan shield now
1683078866247.png

(Dark Horse diagram shown)
8. The connecting rods, engine block, and crankshaft have what looks like different parts for the GT and DH engines
1683079419292.png

1683079548413.png

9. Mufflers, resonator, and individual active exhaust parts can now be bought separate instead of having to buy the whole cat-back system
1683080042205.png

10. VDM is now mounted on the back of the trunk instead of under where the subwoofer would be
11. We now have brake-by-wire
12. There's mention of a DeurOS and Sync 4 in the infotainment parts, and different parts for each one
13. If you get the reduced capacity amplifier, you will need to replace a lot more than just the amp to undo that
14. A trailer towing module???
1683081640765.png

15. 6 taillight part numbers (PR3Z-13404/5-A/B/C), C seems to be the ones with the indicator at the bottom, A and B look the same? (no wiring info yet, can't tell)
16. Mustang joins the list of Fords where the Gateway Module is no longer the thing with the OBD2 port, but it's now hidden behind the center stack
17. Dedicated emergency call/SOS button
18. Confirmed Dark Horse puddle lamps (looks like it might be US only? uncertain)
1683083220996.png

19. Seats in Black Onyx, Medium Space Grey, Medium Light Space Grey, Carmine, Harvest Bronze, Deep Indigo, and Bright Indigo
20. Confirmed no heated/cooled functionality for Recaro seats (missing heating elements and blower assemblies)
21. No more secret compartment for the owner's manual
1683084440092.png

23. Different stripe designs for GT vs EcoBoost
24. Transmission cooler moved in front of the radiator
25. Stitching colors are Metal Grey, Gallery Grey, Race Red, Bright Indigo, Black
26. New version of the MT-82? has new part number
27. New version of the Tremec TR3160? has new part number too

Definitely some interesting findings and hopefully it answered some questions that were unknown until now
Love this, best info yet on the new car

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Thanks for the findings, really interesting stuff

Sounds like a really big missed opportunity if true since the DH logo already has a great shape for a keyfob
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683115525065

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary

1683080042205.png

Thanks for the info!

Can you see if the headers are different.

In a video of the new engine it looked like this on both sides(could be just on the show car), meaning it should be easier to change/remove cats? But if there is no way to tune it then it does not matter :D
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 1683117881459

Also can you see if any of the chassi/suspension components are different

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
What is this harvest bronze interior? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but no pics nor is it in the order guide. I went with carmine red and will likely stay with it, but since I ordered the bronze package I wonder if this would be a nice accent with the rapid red? Does anyone have pics of the harvest bronze interior and what package is it on? I opted for 401a.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
What is this harvest bronze interior? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but no pics nor is it in the order guide. I went with carmine red and will likely stay with it, but since I ordered the bronze package I wonder if this would be a nice accent with the rapid red? Does anyone have pics of the harvest bronze interior and what package is it on? I opted for 401a.
Harvest Bronze is probably Emberglo.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Different block, crank, and rods for the Dark Horse but the same camshafts? Crazy.

I am curious if any of the exhaust parts are different? I know the tips are for sure, i wonder if the mufflers or resonator are different as well, i have seen mention of specific exhaust tuning.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Cool post! Where do you find this stuff?
I found this in Ford's ECat (electronic catalog) system

Thanks for the info!

Can you see if the headers are different.

In a video of the new engine it looked like this on both sides(could be just on the show car), meaning it should be easier to change/remove cats? But if there is no way to tune it then it does not matter :D
1683117881459.png

Also can you see if any of the chassi/suspension components are different
Passenger side headers are the same, but it seems the driver side one is new
as for chassis, it's basically all new, including subframes, crossmembers, most suspension components besides the sway bars and their links and probably some other stuff i missed
for some reason, the carbon fiber wheels also have unique wheel hubs, separate from the hubs used for all other wheels

Different block, crank, and rods for the Dark Horse but the same camshafts? Crazy.

I am curious if any of the exhaust parts are different? I know the tips are for sure, i wonder if the mufflers or resonator are different as well, i have seen mention of specific exhaust tuning.
the resonator is different for the Dark Horse, but another interesting thing is all the parts for active exhaust systems have 2 versions "Pass By Noise Requirement Level 1" and "Pass By Noise Requirement Level 2", with the parts for the dual exhaust only having the Level 1

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If I had to guess, since C is the export, part number A and B are probably animated/non-animated tail lights.

Remember that video of the Dark Horse at MAP from last year? When they unlocked the car it had an animated welcome sequence in the tri-bar of the headlights. There's probably a version for the taillights as well, and I'd guess that it's possible non-premium cars don't get that if there's a differentiation of parts.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Passenger side headers are the same, but it seems the driver side one is new
as for chassis, it's basically all new, including subframes, crossmembers, most suspension components besides the sway bars and their links and probably some other stuff i missed
for some reason, the carbon fiber wheels also have unique wheel hubs, separate from the hubs used for all other wheels
Interesting indeed! Hope the Chassi/suspension components truly are different(and hopefully improved) so it's not just a part number change :D

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does this mean we can now do a resonator delete without actually cutting the exhaust? That would be great, although, I see exhaust leaks being an issue

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Does this mean we can now do a resonator delete without actually cutting the exhaust? That would be great, although, I see exhaust leaks being an issue
i think its more so dealers don't have to order the whole cat-back system unless they need to, because i remember a GT500 that came into my dealer and we needed to order the whole system 3 times before the issue was solved. those mufflers are super heavy, too. can't imagine how much that cost Ford, because every single one of the old systems was scrap
Sponsored