• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
People around here are claiming DH will start around $60/65K - I disagree. I think DH will start at $70k (at a minimum), especially considering a fully loaded Mach 1 is like $68k.

So, I'm anticipating a fully loaded PP GT to come in around $55k - $60k or so. Not cheap by any means for a GT, but it would be in line with the price increases we've seen throughout the industry, and will still allow for a $15k difference between GT and DH.
According to Ford.com a base GT camoes in at 40K, whereas a fully loaded GT comes in at 60K and a Mach 1 at 68K.

A 2018 GT350 could've been had for 59K in 2018... Considering the fact that that car offers far more value than any other regular Mustang, todays prices are outragious. The GT350 had a far superior interior and a much beloved engine that was everything but a Coyote.

edit.: 'when you build a 2018 Shelby GT350R Mustang on Ford.com with a premium color and all of the options, the price tops out at $69,890 with destination'
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
People around here are claiming DH will start around $60/65K - I disagree. I think DH will start at $70k (at a minimum), especially considering a fully loaded Mach 1 is like $68k.

So, I'm anticipating a fully loaded PP GT to come in around $55k - $60k or so. Not cheap by any means for a GT, but it would be in line with the price increases we've seen throughout the industry, and will still allow for a $15k difference between GT and DH.
They could jack up the prices like that, but since a fully loaded mach 1 is around 69-70k right now, I want to believe a loaded Dark Horse will be 72-73k with HP, with the base starting closer to 60-62k

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Jesus Christ I hope not. My loaded GT350 was just under $65k in 2020.

Would be very balsy… er, bold of them to charge $70k for a new nameplate without a truly bespoke engine imo.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Also remember that first year pricing is always aggressive and that it’s standard practice to see a few regular year-over-year pricing increases in response to sales and to bring in line with inflation. That’s fairly standard practice.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I saw somewhere yesterday that a person at for leaked that fully loaded DH would be right at 60K. I don’t see it but hey maybe they are leaving pricing margin for the next hi-po’s IE boss/350/500 and so on

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I saw somewhere yesterday that a person at for leaked that fully loaded DH would be right at 60K. I don’t see it but hey maybe they are leaving pricing margin for the next hi-po’s IE boss/350/500 and so on
The only “source” we have is a bunch of articles linking to another bad video by StangMode where he spewed another load of baseless nothing out. I watched the video so you guys don’t have to.

TLDW: he says “one of the inside information we have is… and I can’t confirm this yet, but I was told through *some of the sources we have, not Ford*… but… that the DH is gonna start at $50k and go up to $60k fully optioned out.”

Please don’t give him views or feed into that BS lol

I should start making up stuff for videos to make passive income

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I hope he's on here and sees some of these comments :crackup: . But again, no such thing as bad press for those type.

I got my 2017 in early 2018 with 2K mi for 55ish

Would be very balsy… er, bold of them to charge $70k for a new nameplate without a truly bespoke engine imo.
The only “source” we have is a bunch of articles linking to another bad video by StangMode where he spewed another load of baseless nothing out. I watched the video so you guys don’t have to.

TLDW: he says “one of the inside information we have is… and I can’t confirm this yet, but I was told through *some of the sources we have, not Ford*… but… that the DH is gonna start at $50k and go up to $60k fully optioned out.”

Last edited:

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium

yup that has to be bs. cause we would come back to my point. if the dh starts at 50k, who would buy a fully loaded gt for, what? 48k?? when you can get a same optioned dh with a more powerful and better built engine for 50. then again... a fully loaded ecoboost is like 47k soooooo...

Hwangmihee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Mustang

I don't think they're going to make a bespoke engine just for ICE Mustang to be killed by the end of this generation.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I don't think they're going to make a bespoke engine just for ICE Mustang to be killed by the end of this generation.
You don’t know that :’(

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

Bespoke or not, if the DH is faster around the track than a GT350, people WILL trade the GT350 in on a DH as it will be the "new hotness" even if it doesn't sound as nice. People will see the (possible)fact its faster, with a more reliable engine as reason enough to justify the few K more.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Cobra R's have engines that are limited to just them, so have GT500's, excluding the 5.4L that was shared with the GT. None have been quite AS unique as the FPC, but engines that are shared to no other Mustang isn't unusual for Ford. The 5.4 was originally based on a truck design and shared with the GT sure, but it never made it into a non-Shelby Mustang, and the 5.8 and, as of yet, 5.2 have not, and I just don't see them doing it to a non-Shelby/SVT/FP vehicle, but as the Mach1 was a Ford Performance car I assume the Dark Horse is as well. So it's possible in an upcoming vehicle they will have a very non-typical engine again, but not likely to the extent of previous engine.

I think the Mach1's have had the most "boring" engines as the 03-04 was just an improved 01 Cobra engine with 03-04 Cobra heads and cams with revised Intake Manifold and the 21-23 is just a Bullitt Engine. I'm expecting the Dark Horse engine is more closely compared to the BOSS's Roadrunner engine in terms of its changes. I think the BEST we can hope for it a CPC version of the 5.2 in a future BOSS or updated Dark Horse.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Cobra R's have engines that are limited to just them, so have GT500's, excluding the 5.4L that was shared with the GT. None have been quite AS unique as the FPC, but engines that are shared to no other Mustang isn't unusual for Ford. I just don't see them doing it to a non-Shelby/SVT vehicle, but as the Mach1 was a Ford Performance car I assume the Dark Horse is as well. So its possible in an upcoming vehicle they will have a very non-typical engine again.

I think the Mach1's have had the most "boring" engines as the 03-04 was just an improved 01 Cobra engine with 03-04 Cobra heads and cams with revised Intake Manifold and the 21-23 is just a Bullitt Engine. I'm expecting the Dark Horse engine is more closely compared to the BOSS's Roadrunner engine in terms of its changes.
I have linked a few articles where Ed Krenz says that the engines are more similar than ever before, and literally the only difference is the connecting rods (and tuning). Motortrend posted stronger cams in their article, but i have found nothing in Ford releases that state this is true. My guess is a slightly raised redline, tune, and rods are the differences.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I have linked a few articles where Ed Krenz says that the engines are more similar than ever before, and literally the only difference is the connecting rods (and tuning). Motortrend posted stronger cams in their article, but i have found nothing in Ford releases that state this is true. My guess is a slightly raised redline, tune, and rods are the differences.
Which I find odd to even have those. We already know the current Bullitt/Mach1 setup can do 500hp crank with little more than a 93oct tune, 8k+ RPM and 1200WHP. I'd think just a IM/cam change or a small compression bump would have north of 500 if that's all they really wanted.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Which I find odd to even have those. We already know the current Bullitt/Mach1 setup can do 500hp crank with little more than a 93oct tune, 8k+ RPM and 1200WHP. I'd think just a IM/cam change or a small compression bump would have north of 500 if that's all they really wanted.
He stated there was some bending events that prompted them to use the stronger rods. His interview is in the article i linked in the engines section here Dark Horse Engine Differences
Sponsored