• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Paddle shifters were removed on the 2022 Base and Premium Ecoboost which I assumed was part of Ford cost cutting / de-contenting. Since the specs say 10 speed is standard with optional select shift, I guess paddle shifters will not been added back. I also see drive modes are optional which probably only available on higher trims, just like the 2022. I hope the base Ecoboost and GT will support Apple CarPlay, specs don't say. Also, good to see that the 2.3 engine now has port and direct Injection.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
on 9/22/22, Ford updated that PDF
what changed: Getrag MT-82 listed as the manual trans for the GT, manual trans specs removed for the Ecoboost, added "Construction" text to the "Chassis/Suspension" section, removed "Handling Package" part of the stabilizer bar section, added rear brake specs, re-worded "ABS/stability control" section, removed the performance pack wheels from the Dark Horse under "Optional Wheels", removed all estimated curb weights, moved "Interior Dimensions" to page 3, added "custom" to the list of selectable drive modes under "Technology", re-worded the list of track apps

link to the updated PDF: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2022/09/14/2024-mustang-technical-specifications.pdf

most of the changes were things that were probably copy-pasted from the S550 spec sheet. one thing i find interesting is the Dark Horse 10R80 gear ratios are slightly different, makes me wonder if that was intentional or someone just rounded them. Ford themselves also mentioned carbon fiber wheels for the Dark Horse, but they're not listed under it's optional wheels.
Just a rounding error. I was paring through the S650 and S550 specs and noticed some of formatting was a little different but 99% of the available information is almost completely carryover from the S550.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Oh they removed estimated curb weights....don't know if we should be happy or nervous.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Paddle shifters were removed on the 2022 Base and Premium Ecoboost which I assumed was part of Ford cost cutting / de-contenting. Since the specs say 10 speed is standard with optional select shift, I guess paddle shifters will not been added back. I also see drive modes are optional which probably only available on higher trims, just like the 2022. I hope the base Ecoboost and GT will support Apple CarPlay, specs don't say. Also, good to see that the 2.3 engine now has port and direct Injection.
There's no way they don't make CarPlay standard on all trims in 2022.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Point of interest, the Mustang was a 5.0L while the Camaro SS is a 6.2L. As former Pro Stock guy Bob Glidden once said, "you can't beat cubes".
Yep, Camaros with the same size engines never beat the Mustang 5.0… they always had to cheat up displacement 20% in order to win. That goes all the way back to the eighties.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Yep, Camaros with the same size engines never beat the Mustang 5.0… they always had to cheat up displacement 20% in order to win. That goes all the way back to the eighties.
I think we have different definitions of "cheating." Chevy's modern pushrods are relatively small, lightweight, and fuel efficient. The only real knock against them is their low redlines and flat power delivery that doesn't encourage playing with the RPM band in the way you would with a high revving DOHC V8 like the Coyote.

On the flipside, you don't need to drop a gear or two to overtake somebody.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we have different definitions of "cheating." Chevy's modern pushrods are relatively small, lightweight, and fuel efficient. The only real knock against them is their low redlines and flat power delivery that doesn't encourage playing with the RPM band in the way you would with a high revving DOHC V8 like the Coyote.

On the flipside, you don't need to drop a gear or two to overtake somebody.
My bad, referring to displacement- should have spelled it out.
6.2 less 20% equals roughly 5.0.
(Or 5.0 x 1.25 = 6.25, which sounds even worse) ;-)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
The Chev 6.2 L is actually exactly 24% Larger in capacity than the 5.0L Ford. This is not a small margin!!

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Chev 6.2 L is actually exactly 24% Larger in capacity than the 5.0L Ford. This is not a small margin!!
Hence my use of the term “cheating…” where I come from, you don’t get bragging rights if you had to cheat to win 😄

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
My bad, referring to displacement- should have spelled it out.
6.2 less 20% equals roughly 5.0.
(Or 5.0 x 1.25 = 6.25, which sounds even worse) ;-)
Hence my use of the term “cheating…” where I come from, you don’t get bragging rights if you had to cheat to win 😄
How's it cheating tho lmao

Literally different styles of engines

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
well...seeing the optional stuff on the gt makes me wonder...at what point does it become irrelevant buying a fully loaded gt?? I imagine a performance pack 2 with all the options gt (magneride, big brakes, thicker bars ect) should be close to a dh. Unless they plan on charging gt350 price for it...

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
well...seeing the optional stuff on the gt makes me wonder...at what point does it become irrelevant buying a fully loaded gt?? I imagine a performance pack 2 with all the options gt (magneride, big brakes, thicker bars ect) should be close to a dh. Unless they plan on charging gt350 price for it...
People around here are claiming DH will start around $60/65K - I disagree. I think DH will start at $70k (at a minimum), especially considering a fully loaded Mach 1 is like $68k.

So, I'm anticipating a fully loaded PP GT to come in around $55k - $60k or so. Not cheap by any means for a GT, but it would be in line with the price increases we've seen throughout the industry, and will still allow for a $15k difference between GT and DH.
Sponsored