• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info!

Can you see if the headers are different.

In a video of the new engine it looked like this on both sides(could be just on the show car), meaning it should be easier to change/remove cats? But if there is no way to tune it then it does not matter :D
1683117881459.png

Also can you see if any of the chassi/suspension components are different
I’ve always used MIL Eliminators with a cat delete no Tune required they basically move the internal sensor outside the pipe couple hundred dollars I had them on my 2011, 2017
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
the resonator is different for the Dark Horse
Any indication what the differences are? Larger diameter pipes? True Resonated X?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
here are the 2 different parts
with start/stop button: PR3Z-18C858-AA
without start/stop button: PR3Z-18C858-BA
be warned, it's a $380 part
Thanks for the info. Now to figure out if they are swappable.

I may need to rent an eco boost for a day... :angel:

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I think he was thinking aftermarket which will allow for individual switches to move instead of the entire assembly when you press a button. If he didn’t mean that, I do. Someone needs to develop something a little more classy
I was thinking about just swapping in the OE part. aftermarket would be a reasonable options as well. I'll have to wait and see what people come up with.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Thanks for the info. Now to figure out if they are swappable.

I may need to rent an eco boost for a day... :angel:
they are swappable, but i am willing to bet that if you swap out the one that has no start/stop for the one that does, it will not work

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Any indication what the differences are? Larger diameter pipes? True Resonated X?
nope, all i know is that there are 5 different resonators for the V8, each with different uses. the only real details is the "Pass By Noise Level" thing which is either 1 or 2 except on a non-AE GT, where it is always 1

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
nope, all i know is that there are 5 different resonators for the V8, each with different uses. the only real details is the "Pass By Noise Level" thing which is either 1 or 2 except on a non-AE GT, where it is always 1
14 hp is close enough I can almost taste it. Air and exhaust may be enough too get close, unless of course the dh is severely underrated.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I would think twice about a darkhorse wing on a non-pp GT.
Thats just me tho, I dont like the idea of bringing body panels over from higher trimmed models.
You can pay for my car and then I'll gladly take your advice. It's a wing, it looks badass, I want it.
yep, but it's a pretty penny.
For the DH HP, PR3Z-6344210-EB is the base wing for $2874.15, and PR3Z-6344210-AB is the gurney flap for $1126.97.
For the GTPP, PR3Z-6344210-CA is the wing for $2370.97, not including the cost to paint it.
Appreciate it! Looks like I'll be waiting for the Chinese version at ~$3k sheeeesh

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
@roket

Bought a GT premium, but could one purchase the bezel or sufficient parts to convert a GT to a GT premium for the single screen look? Just one of those random thoughts I figured you can answer.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
@roket

Bought a GT premium, but could one purchase the bezel or sufficient parts to convert a GT to a GT premium for the single screen look? Just one of those random thoughts I figured you can answer.
you know, the funny thing is i was just thinking about that earlier today. i can't say for 100% certain, but it seems like it might be possible to swap the dual screens for the single one and vice versa. the main barrier is price, though. no prices for the screens are listed yet but i can promise it'll be nothing short of expensive knowing Ford's pricing. there's also the possible issue of needing to program the screens, but it seems like the infotainment system and instrument panel system themselves are separate modules, and are the same between the types of screens. the actual dashboard itself seems to be the same between the screens, and each screen is held on with 3 bolts under a little cover behind the screens, or 6 across the screen for the single.

here's some part numbers
PR3Z-10D885-C - instrument cluster screen on the separate screen setup
PR3Z-10D885-A - combined screens for the single screen setup
PR3Z-10D885-D - infotainment screen on the separate screen setup
PR3Z-10E929-L - SYNC module to screen cable (all screen setups)
PU5Z-14G371-FL - SYNC module without nav (USA)
PU5Z-14G371-FJ - SYNC module with nav (USA)
PR3Z-10E929-M - Instrument Cluster module to screen cable (all screen setups)
PR3Z-10849-A - Instrument Cluster module

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
you know, the funny thing is i was just thinking about that earlier today. i can't say for 100% certain, but it seems like it might be possible to swap the dual screens for the single one and vice versa. the main barrier is price, though. no prices for the screens are listed yet but i can promise it'll be nothing short of expensive knowing Ford's pricing. there's also the possible issue of needing to program the screens, but it seems like the infotainment system and instrument panel system themselves are separate modules, and are the same between the types of screens. the actual dashboard itself seems to be the same between the screens, and each screen is held on with 3 bolts under a little cover behind the screens, or 6 across the screen for the single.

here's some part numbers
PR3Z-10D885-C - instrument cluster screen on the separate screen setup
PR3Z-10D885-A - combined screens for the single screen setup
PR3Z-10D885-D - infotainment screen on the separate screen setup
PR3Z-10E929-L - SYNC module to screen cable (all screen setups)
PU5Z-14G371-FL - SYNC module without nav (USA)
PU5Z-14G371-FJ - SYNC module with nav (USA)
PR3Z-10E929-M - Instrument Cluster module to screen cable (all screen setups)
PR3Z-10849-A - Instrument Cluster module
I’d bet that changing the screens would cost at least half the difference between a base and premium. Plus you have to rip apart the dash on a brand new car. Possible? Sure. Reasonable? Not so much.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I’d bet that changing the screens would cost at least half the difference between a base and premium. Plus you have to rip apart the dash on a brand new car. Possible? Sure. Reasonable? Not so much.
"Possible? Sure. Reasonable? Not so much." - When did that ever stop a Mustang owner :sunglasses:
Sponsored