• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Different weight distributions would be my guess.
Or Ford is trying to make the convertible more understeer prone.
Due to the lack of structural integrity of the convertible compared to the coupe, the rear stabilizer bar should be (at least) larger than the base model. The only structural rigidity (compared to the coupe) is behind the rear seat.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
So what does front legroom “sae” mean?
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has created a series of standards which can be applied to any vehicle to measure certain dimensions and volumes.

Reference to the standard:

https://www.sae.org/standards/content/j1100_200911/

A previous version, which has since been superseded:

https://ia800504.us.archive.org/4/items/gov.law.sae.j1100.2001/sae.j1100.2001.html

The 2001 version, while dated, provides visuals how dimensions are measured.

The standards are akin to those you may have witnessed in a racing series before. Manufacturers and participants agree to a set of build standards, often in painful detail, before assembling their individual cars. And as they sometimes use artistic license when interpreting the standard (size or angle of certain aero bits, engine dimensions) so do makers of road-going vehicles (interior leg room or trunk space).

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Why can't the 4-banger turbo have a 3.31 rear end like the GT instead of the 3.15 rear end? I always liked the 3.31 limited slip because you get a little more bite off your tires than a 3.15. I had a 3.55 in a previous F150 and all it did was suck gas.