• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
1. S650 part numbers that are new start with "PR3Z"
er, not so fast. 'pr3z' was used on 21,22 parts as well.
Product Details | SimplePart (lakelandford.com)

That said, just because it has PR3Z doesn't in any way mean it's NOT identical to a S550 part. It makes perfect sense to 'rename' carry-over parts because Marketing lied and said the S650 was "all new". It would be embarassing if the parts book exposed the fraud.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So we can still use J&L oil catch can on this gt?

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@roket one little trivial thing.
I see that the shifter for the manual transmission looks like the exact same as the S550, can you see that in the Ecat?
I intent to change mine and wouldn't mind having something to shop for while I wait for the car to be built.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
@roket one little trivial thing.
I see that the shifter for the manual transmission looks like the exact same as the S550, can you see that in the Ecat?
I intent to change mine and wouldn't mind having something to shop for while I wait for the car to be built.
looks like the actual shifter mechanism is a shared part (MT82's starts with FR3Z, TR3160's starts with MR3Z), so in theory, any shift knob that worked on the S550 should also work on the S650, even though Ford changed something about the stock one and it's a new part

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
@roket , Thank You for doing the research and the detailed write-up. :like:. :clap:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
You haven't flown anywhere in an Airbus A320 319 321 since 1988 then?
Aircraft have redundant systems in case one fails. Will the brake by wire system also have redundancies? I admit I'm okay with electronic systems, but there is a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I can mash the mechanical brake linkage and know I'm going to stop. A redundant back up system if all power fails is very nice to have, and should be mandatory.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Aircraft have redundant systems in case one fails. Will the brake by wire system also have redundancies? I admit I'm okay with electronic systems, but there is a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I can mash the mechanical brake linkage and know I'm going to stop. A redundant back up system if all power fails is very nice to have, and should be mandatory.
Yes they do from taken from Ford training modules.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I think brake by wire is for the parking brake, not the actual brakes...
I hope you are indeed right. Brake fluid reservoir looks very similar as on the S550. Looking at the S650 I can't see the circular brake booster clearly though, so jury still out.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I hope you are indeed right. Brake fluid reservoir looks very similar as on the S550. Looking at the S650 I can't see the circular brake booster clearly though, so jury still out.
I found the brake booster, top left, you will have to zoom in
S650 Mustang S650 Information from ECat (Electronic Catalog) – Part Numbers, Technical Specs, Hidden Features 2024-Mustang-Dark-Horse-ACCELERATIONS-0-12-screenshot

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
...another interesting thing is all the parts for active exhaust systems have 2 versions "Pass By Noise Requirement Level 1" and "Pass By Noise Requirement Level 2", with the parts for the dual exhaust only having the Level 1
So I assume the USA gets the louder one, and the quieter one is for the EU?

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Brake by wire - I don't like this at all.
BBW is on a lot of other Fords too, Bronco Sport/Escape/Maverick, F-150, Bronco
@roket , Thank You for doing the research and the detailed write-up. :like:. :clap:
It's no problem, i like to keep you guys informed
I think brake by wire is for the parking brake, not the actual brakes...
BBW is for the actual brakes, the parking brake uses an electric motor like the GT500 did
So I assume the USA gets the louder one, and the quieter one is for the EU?
I don't know, honestly. i thought i had a european S650 VIN, but it and multiple US VINs said "Level 1"