• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That’s what I’m going to find out from them tomorrow. They state the deposit is non-refundable, so we’ll see what they say.
I would have NEVER signed a non-refundable deal. I never have.
Sponsored

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
If you wish to have the car you will pay the dealer price and if you jump out no problem the dealer will flip it to another customer that can pay more. The joke is that the 2024 model is hot and the only game in town for a V8-ICE sports car.
Based on
https://fordauthority.com/2023/04/f...bers-figures-results-first-quarter-2022-q1-2/
the Mustang is doing well around the globe and folks over the pond are paying much more. So maybe the 1K or 2K increase is easier to swallow on the MSRP if you want the car badly. I have just noticed how locally here the 2023 Mach1 cars on dealer's lots are back at 5K+ ADMs.... Hey it is the last year of the Mach 1 model so they can price it anyway they like....... we all love those car dealers.......and their pricing strategies..........:like:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you wish to have the car you will pay the dealer price and if you jump out no problem the dealer will flip it to another customer that can pay more. The joke is that the 2024 model is hot and the only game in town for a V8-ICE sports car.
Based on
https://fordauthority.com/2023/04/f...bers-figures-results-first-quarter-2022-q1-2/
the Mustang is doing well around the globe and folks over the pond are paying much more. So maybe the 1K or 2K increase is easier to swallow on the MSRP if you want the car badly. I have just noticed how locally here the 2023 Mach1 cars on dealer's lots are back at 5K+ ADMs.... Hey it is the last year of the Mach 1 model so they can price it anyway they like....... we all love those car dealers.......and their pricing strategies..........:like:
The S550 is ending with strong sales figures. It’s a great buy, specially with a good price. 🔥

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
The dealer can no longer offer me the vehicle at our agreed upon price. Gas guzzler tax is included in the price of the vehicle, not paid after the fact.

My dealer does not collect any tax from me at the time of sale, and I’m responsible for that at the time of registration. If what you said is true, that means I’d pay gas guzzler tax at registration
I agree on the principle, if built an order for 60k and ford raised the price to 61k you should def get it for 60k. But let’s be honest here, is 1k really gonna break you. If it is, you shouldn’t be buying a car that expensive(speaking for anyone in general, not commenting on anyone in particular financial decisions)

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I agree on the principle, if built an order for 60k and ford raised the price to 61k you should def get it for 60k. But let’s be honest here, is 1k really gonna break you. If it is, you shouldn’t be buying a car that expensive(speaking for anyone in general, not commenting on anyone in particular financial decisions)
The reality of the situation

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The dealer can no longer offer me the vehicle at our agreed upon price. Gas guzzler tax is included in the price of the vehicle, not paid after the fact.

My dealer does not collect any tax from me at the time of sale, and I’m responsible for that at the time of registration. If what you said is true, that means I’d pay gas guzzler tax at registration
The GG is a federal tax, due at signing; Ford carves this tax out and sends it to the GOV. But ya, probably a good time to have a sit-down with the salesperson and maybe the GM.

Regarding taxes in-general, everyone should check with their salesperson and local DMV. In my experience, I paid all taxes (federal GG, state sales , city sales) in-full at the time of sale, except the CO personal use taxes (license plate/user tax). As the car had never being registered anywhere, the dealer advised the state of CO 1) the car existed, 2) I owned it. After the state acknowledged the dealer, I picked up a receipt, taking that to the DMV and 1) paid general vehicle registration fees, 2) received physical plates. Each county and state could have their own, unique processes.

If you're buying out-of-state, definitely check with your DMV; they can help clarify any of these topics, provide forms, POCs, etc., to facilitate sale and pick-up.

While discussing any of the above with the salesperson, clarify or confirm doc fees, add-ons and other like items. Most of us make general assumptions which work out. Unfortunately, sometimes we're met with surprises.

Anyone should consider creating a planning/budget spreadsheet. I used one to input every conceivable item (car, taxes, maintenance, insurance, aftermarket items, detailing supplies, gas) I'd have to buy or pay for in the first five years. If I could not confirm real-world pricing over the Internet, I physically visited businesses and received quotes (PPF, tint, ceramic coating). Then, I added 10% to all that, as a buffer. It worked well. Had some losses and unexpected expenses. Had a few things break in my favor. If anyone is budget-constrained, they should seriously consider hitting the pause button, possibly cancelling their order.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I agree on the principle, if built an order for 60k and ford raised the price to 61k you should def get it for 60k.
But Ford did not raise the price of the car. They added a tax that will be collected and sent to the government. The buyer does not have a legal leg to stand on.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
But Ford did not raise the price of the car. They added a tax that will be collected and sent to the government. The buyer does not have a legal leg to stand on.
You are right, it’s not Ford raising the price. However, this tax is included in the total MSRP of the vehicle. So the price and order information ford put out was not accurate.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I definitely agree. My frustration in the matter is that my deal I agreed to has changed. And possible lesson learned for putting a non-refundable deposit down, but I also assumed that all the pricing and information was accurate.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You are right, it’s not Ford raising the price. However, this tax is included in the total MSRP of the vehicle. So the price and order information ford put out was not accurate.
And they cover themselves with disclaimers that indemnify them against any legal action. That said I certainly hope buyers get taken care of but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
here's the previous and current price lists, ("PL420" is from earlier in the month, "PL425" is from the 19th), you can see in there that the only real change (apart from some formatting) is the addition of the GT manual gas guzzler tax
Does anyone know what the price level code means? My order was submitted with the price level code of 420, which does not have the GG tax. But price level code 425 does have GG tax. Does the new price level code supersede all previous orders?

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does anyone know what the price level code means? My order was submitted with the price level code of 420, which does not have the GG tax. But price level code 425 does have GG tax. Does the new price level code supersede all previous orders?
That's a good question. My build has a 420 on it.

On a side note, saw this on Ford's Website which states the GG Tax is not included in their MSRP..
S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! 1682350502914
Sponsored