• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Prices here in AZ are much more competitive. There are many installers.You still need to shop around and some shops are not that good. One can get a fantastic job (complete front) under $600 with self healing Xpel.
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Great input, thoughts and numbers!

One other thing worth mentioning, which swayed me against doing PPF: if you are buying this as a forever car whatever the reason (last ICE, NA V8, MT …), know that the PFF does not last forever. You will need to replace the PPF in 10-15 years. And I’ll rather have the whole car repainted then instead.
Also good point, not sure how much a full Blue Ember paint job would cost. For my personal situation, I’ll be close to 60 by the time I get this car, if PFF gets me a new looking car in 10 years, then I can just remove it and deal with subsequent aging, and whomever my favorite child is when I pass can deal with repainting it ;)

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Keep in mind that many non OEM paint jobs are never the same as original. I just removed my PPF on 2011 that was graged kept but was still showing some age after 12 years. Manufactures have not stood still and many improvements have been made. PPF is tuff stuff and have saved my paint many times.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Great input, thoughts and numbers!

One other thing worth mentioning, which swayed me against doing PPF: if you are buying this as a forever car whatever the reason (last ICE, NA V8, MT …), know that the PFF does not last forever. You will need to replace the PPF in 10-15 years. And I’ll rather have the whole car repainted then instead.
Sorry to reply twice, but your call sign wants me to get access to the owners manual prior to pick up so I can read it. Anyone know when the online access becomes available?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Keep in mind that many non OEM paint jobs are never the same as original. I just removed my PPF on 2011 that was graged kept but was still showing some age after 12 years. Manufactures have not stood still and many improvements have been made. PPF is tuff stuff and have saved my paint many times.
Historically 100 true, but paint and process used by today’s modern well equipped and certified shop actually exceeds the results attainable in a mass production environment. Not too difficult actually since FRAP cars usually have paint defects anyway.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just hung up with my salesman. He swears I’m locked in at price level 420 which does not have a GG tax. Price level 425 which started on 4/19 has the $1000 tax for GT manuals. He said it is a change in ‘final’ MSRP that I’m exempt from because of my signed purchase agreement at price level 420. My guy has been a Ford salesman for over 40 years & knows his stuff. We’ll see when the car gets here I suppose
I spoke with my salesperson at Granger, and they told me I am price protected as well.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
My gas guzzler tax shows 0 on my order summary

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My gas guzzler tax shows 0 on my order summary
I presume you ordered a GT with the M6 prior to the 4/19 build sheet. If you did you need to speak to your dealer. If you ordered a Dark House It doesn’t matter as your paying the $1300 whether it’s on your summary or not.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I presume you ordered a GT with the M6 prior to the 4/19 build sheet. If you did you need to speak to your dealer. If you ordered a Dark House It doesn’t matter as your paying the $1300 whether it’s on your summary or not.
I ordered a A10, does not get a gas guzzler tax added?