• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That is the official marketing jibber. The truth is Mustang customers never demanded this and a majority doesn't like it either.
I think digital is cheaper than good quality analog now. So my opinion is the accountants drove the change and marketing was enlisted to explain it away.

I'm not sure what the majority of Mustang buyers think, but myself I prefer physical gages and controls over digital. It's mostly because the large physical stuff works well when the driver is wearing gloves, but I also trust known technology. Another advantage is it's easier to repair.

The 2018+ all have digital dashboard what is the uproar. P.S. I also don't like the tablets. But can't see how this was not a wanted feature as there is a lot of retrofitting of this Digital Dash in the 2015-2017 cars. Digital Dash is probably number 1 OEM+ mod done.
Another reason to stick with 2017 or earlier cars. I don't like some of the other changes made in 2018. I didn't even realize the digital dash was on every car. Thanks for the info. To me it's a minor thing, but still another reason to stay away from the newer Mustangs.
Sponsored

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I think digital is cheaper than good quality analog now. So my opinion is the accountants drove the change and marketing was enlisted to explain it away.

I'm not sure what the majority of Mustang buyers think, but myself I prefer physical gages and controls over digital. It's mostly because the large physical stuff works well when the driver is wearing gloves, but I also trust known technology. Another advantage is it's easier to repair.

Another reason to stick with 2017 or earlier cars. I don't like some of the other changes made in 2018. I didn't even realize the digital dash was on every car. Thanks for the info. To me it's a minor thing, but still another reason to stay away from the newer Mustangs.
It's not. The digital dash only appears in cars that have the GT Premium and 401A options. Both selections need to be made in order to get the digital dash. You can still get a GT Premium with analog gauges as well

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The 2018+ all have digital dashboard what is the uproar. P.S. I also don't like the tablets. But can't see how this was not a wanted feature as there is a lot of retrofitting of this Digital Dash in the 2015-2017 cars. Digital Dash is probably number 1 OEM+ mod done.
No, they do not. The digital dash only appears in cars that have the GT Premium and 401A options. Both selections need to be made in order to get the digital dash. You can still get a GT Premium with analog gauges as well

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
No, they do not. The digital dash only appears in cars that have the GT Premium and 401A options. Both selections need to be made in order to get the digital dash. You can still get a GT Premium with analog gauges as well

In USA sure in Europe we only get the Digital Dash as the cars are GT Premium and 401A and Performance pack by default so are in the rest of the world.

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How much additional airflow from the dual throttle body design? Do the heads also flow more?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Why did the engineers choose to not option leather seats in the base dark horse instead opting for cloth?
And a sister question; why didn't the Recaros get heating/cooling this time around like the Camaro. So many things in this were done in a lazy fashion...consequence of the competition dying. But they are super proud of those tacked on screens.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Jack, I enjoy the work you guys do. Keep it up.

I love the shift knob on the DH - presuming Ford sells them would they fit on my GT350? They have the same transmission as I understand.
My assumption is the knob would fit the gt350. Though i cannot confirm it.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
And a sister question; why didn't the Recaros get heating/cooling this time around like the Camaro. So many things in this were done in a lazy fashion...consequence of the competition dying. But they are super proud of those tacked on screens.
I thought they did though?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I also prefer physical gauges rather than virtual ones. In the 40+ years of car ownership, I have never had a gauge fail. I have had fuses blow or senders go bad but never a gauge failure.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Why did the engineers choose to not option leather seats in the base dark horse instead opting for cloth?
I was also bothered by this at first. My thought is it's a grip thing. Leather can be slippery to keep the butt in the seat. Suede must be less slippery. Just my guess.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I was also bothered by this at first. My thought is it's a grip thing. Leather can be slippery to keep the butt in the seat. Suede must be less slippery. Just my guess.
My thing is, suede doesn’t allow heat to escape, leaving me with a sweat back and a drenched shirt everytime I drive in the summer 😕

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
My thing is, suede doesn’t allow heat to escape, leaving me with a sweat back and a drenched shirt everytime I drive in the summer 😕
The Recaros have the suede too.

The standard DH seats just turn on the cool seats

But if you have the Recaros, yes sweaty back.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The Recaros have the suede too.

The standard DH seats just turn on the cool seats

But if you have the Recaros, yes sweaty back.
That’s why I have a GT PP convertible lol

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I was also curious why no leather, at least on the Premium DH.

I personally much prefer the cloth.

I have had two Mustangs with the Leather ('82 GT & '01 GT) and two with cloth ('98 V6, '06 GT). I have had much better luck with the cloth than leather, both in longevity and comfort.

The '82 GT was pretty worn when I bought it in 1989, but at least it didn't have any holes/tears in it, but it wasn't very comfortable in Southern California (Stationed there with the Navy).

I bought my '01 GT new, it wasn't long before the leather started looking sad, I took it into the same Ford dealer for the driver seat with excessive deterioration, to the point of it worn through on the driver left backrest bolster. The dealer looked me straight in the eye and said it was "Normal wear and tear". I asked him if the leather was designed to wear out after less than 12,000 miles on the car? He just gave me a blank look. Eventually I managed to convince them to replace the seat.

And being in Southern Florida, the cloth is much more comfortable and definitely much cooler after sitting in the sun all day.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Spot on. General consensus is the cloth recaros actually give a much better hold.
Sponsored