• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Lots of good technical questions asked, I would like to know about the "eyelids" they decided to go with on the DH. What was the reasoning from a design standpoint? Certainly different than any Mustang of past
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Hi, Jack (Z06 Guy :cool: ) - I'd like to hear more about the following

* steering system hardware changes (solid rod rather than multi-part linkage with rubber dampier)
* tire tuning performance, especially as compared to the Michelin Pilot Sport variants
* exhaust sound tuning (resonator and muffler internals) as compared to S550 Mach 1
* brake cooling (similar or updated from S550 Mach 1)
* front suspension mounting point changes
* relationship of street car to race variants (GT3, GT4, Dark Horse R, Dark Horse S) especially with regards to cooling, braking, chassis differences (only additional seam welding?)

Thanks!
Yes this one! Please dig into the Trofeo RS and how that came to be the choice, since they’ve been running Cup tires on outgoing FPVs.

The DH is the first of two OE cars to adopt this rubber. The other being the new Pagani.

Jp sosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.

7.jpeg

6.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

9.jpeg
Why didn't they give us the option of black wheels

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Thanks for the effort and the offer...
Q1: is track training for DH owners a possibility?
Q2: why 2 tablets on the dash vs traditional gauges? Is that driven by integration, logistics, or trying to appeal to a specific target audience?
i cant speak to track training but see as this is not a ford performance led product i doubt it sadly.

the tablet design was sadly driven by customer demand.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes this one! Please dig into the Trofeo RS and how that came to be the choice, since they’ve been running Cup tires on outgoing FPVs.

The DH is the first of two OE cars to adopt this rubber. The other being the new Pagani.
The main benefit of the new rubber apparently is life span(will survive more secessions apparently) and the block design has less tram lining.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
as this is not a ford performance led product
Can you clarify this? I may have just been missing this until now, but this is the first I've heard .

What does this mean? Who led this project instead of Ford Performance? Why was this done?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Jack, you absolute Gorilla. Thank you!

1) for the DH, were the engineers given a particular mission to redefine any particular driving aspect of the car relative to its unofficial, direct predecessor in the Mach 1? And if so, what kind of materials or development creativity were they given?

2) the S650 is a clearly a challenging product given the current regulatory environment. To introduce another “new generation” is to commit at least another 5-7+ years of production, I would imagine. Given the nature of fleet emissions/efficiency averages, do they intend on running a different cadence of upcoming model rollouts? Perhaps shorter intervals for upcoming releases? Room for more efficient power trains if need be?

3) troll question but hoping we can just get an admittance of the obvious here: why restrict the Tremec TR3060 to the DH? Was customer feedback not vocal enough to warrant the costs?

4) do they expect a higher take rate of DHs to GTs given recent reviews inferring that the GT’s main driving point, its steering, seems to be tuned towards spirited boulevardeiring and low-exhaustion cruising as opposed to canyon/track runs (which has been the case, but seems more so based on commentary regarding the overboosted EPAS levels)? Because the price of a GT, PP, magride, and exhaust is becoming heinously close to the entry point of a DH.

Love you guys.
Dude I totally thought you guys were asking us for questions to relay to the engineers to help drive content creation for the interviews. I didn’t realize you already filmed and were doing a charity AMA for us

Ignore my autistic hyper specific questions

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Look forward to watching this.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.
Are the paddle shifters the exact same that were in the mach 1 for the auto trans?

Excited to see your video!

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you clarify this? I may have just been missing this until now, but this is the first I've heard .

What does this mean? Who led this project instead of Ford Performance? Why was this done?
So mustang products are done by either the mustang team or the ford performance team. Think of ford performance as the BMW M or Porsche GT team of the ford world. Ford performance takes a existing product and makes it more hardcore or track focused. The dark horse like the mach one and bullit is done by the basic mustang team

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
So mustang products are done by either the mustang team or the ford performance team. Think of ford performance as the BMW M or Porsche GT team of the ford world. Ford performance takes a existing product and makes it more hardcore or track focused. The dark horse like the mach one and bullit is done by the basic mustang team
So branching off of that, would the upcoming Dark Horse R be a Ford Performance vehicle or still base mustang team?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Makes perfect sense. I thought you were implying the Mach 1 WAS Ford Performance and the Dark Horse wasn't for some reason. Thanks for clarifying 👍

The Mach 1, I believe, still had Track Attack, didn't it? Maybe I'm wrong and thinking of the GT350s...

Edit: I think I misread something at some point. Looks like you weren't sure about the track program, just guessing it won't be available. It was on Mach 1, but so far I've seen signs pointing to no track attack for DH

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
You're in editing.
The footage has already been shot... so the discussion/questions have already happened?
Either that, or you don't plan to include everything that was shot?

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Would love to hear about what Ford thinks about dealers marking them up, after Ford told dealers to knock that shit off a year or so ago.

I would have loved to order a darkhorse... but none of the dealers would take an order without a markup... so a GT it is...
Sponsored