• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Yes-two questions. Was the dual intake originally headed to Mach 1? Why is the suspension selection still tied to drive mode?
My assumption is drive mode calibration(brake bias, tc/esc tuning), throttle calibration is directly tied to suspension logic.

the coyote was reworked for this generation specifically so they could meet emissions. As a added benefit of having to rework the engine for emissions it gave them the budget to make performance improvements. The dual airboxes are a part of this improvement.
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I cant speak for the team but my assumption is 100 percent emissions related. Also honestly in a high performance application i cant think of a single oem that has used flex fuel. Tbh when trying to meet qdr and emissions for the performance metrics ford is trying to meet i think it would just cause issues.
Maybe not FlexFuel but definitely E85. The SRT Demon 170 is specifically designed for E85. The "170" is the alcohol proof in the fuel. If 1,025 Horsepower isn't a performance application, I don't know what is.

Thanks.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cant answer all these questions but the remote rev and remote start functions come down to liability. If you leave the car in gear remote start or remote rev cause substantial issues. The hp comes down to what is safe/ possible with the 5.0. While in sure/i know the coyote can make more power ford has to balance qdr requirements and emissions. As is the dark horse gets new pistons and cooling solutions that the regular gt doesnt get.
Liability I understand. But if you leave an Auto in gear it won't start. Can easily do same for manual.

Thanks for info, it is great to get as much info as possible is good, especially if coming from the "Horse's Mouth".

Keep up the great work, it is greatly appreciated!!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much Savagegeese Jack!! Your efforts and hard work are definitely greatly appreciated!

Many of us may not agree with all your answers, or Ford's; but I think it's is more due to the frustrations in waiting for the vehicle we ordered months ago. I know I is true in my case.

I really am looking forward to viewing your documentary when it is released!!:wink:!!

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Jack, I enjoy the work you guys do. Keep it up.

I love the shift knob on the DH - presuming Ford sells them would they fit on my GT350? They have the same transmission as I understand.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Thanks for reaching out to the community for questions.

The 2018 and up manual Mustangs were geared with silly tall/long ratios. (at least the ones we get in Australia)
If you enjoy rowing your own gears you get up to almost 200km/h by the time you are in 3rd gear. I'd prefer shorter gears, more fun before you get into jail territory.
Has this been changed in the S650 MT82, or the Tremec in the Dark Horse?

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Thanks for reaching out to the community for questions.

The 2018 and up manual Mustangs were geared with silly tall/long ratios. (at least the ones we get in Australia)
If you enjoy rowing your own gears you get up to almost 200km/h by the time you are in 3rd gear. I'd prefer shorter gears, more fun before you get into jail territory.
Same question as well!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I cant talk about driving impressions yet. But the physical brake system is not brake by wire, the system has a electronic brake booster which allows them to change the brake distribution on the fly. Essentially helping with trail braking etc.
Thank you for doing this. It's very helpful. I love your videos as well and hope you stay with it. I think if you don't have enough fun new cars to review, it would really be great if you did reviews/comparisons of some older or even modified cars compared to new or just reviewing older stuff on its own merit.

With regards to the electronic brake booster - is this something that is user activated? Or does an on board computer modulate it? Can it be turned off?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT

The export models will most likely be castrated like before with taller gears and gas particle filters, because of the stricter emission regulations in our markets.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
That is the official marketing jibber. The truth is Mustang customers never demanded this and a majority doesn't like it either.
The 2018+ all have digital dashboard what is the uproar. P.S. I also don't like the tablets. But can't see how this was not a wanted feature as there is a lot of retrofitting of this Digital Dash in the 2015-2017 cars. Digital Dash is probably number 1 OEM+ mod done.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The 2018+ all have digital dashboard what is the uproar. P.S. I also don't like the tablets. But can't see how this was not a wanted feature as there is a lot of retrofitting of this Digital Dash in the 2015-2017 cars. Digital Dash is probably number 1 OEM+ mod done.
I don’t mind the screens as much as I mind not having a touch free control mechanism.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Why did the engineers choose to not option leather seats in the base dark horse instead opting for cloth?
Sponsored