• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Infotainment System is Challenging!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, A10, Bronze Pkg
All im looking for is an easy way to switch between B&O Radio and Apple CarPlay. I have a GT Premium with the 401A. I pretty much just listen to Spotify using CarPlay. But, there are times I would like to listen to local stations. It’s a nightmare anytime I try and switch. Thought I had found the perfect answer from another thread but there is no way I can find a “Sources” button, on purpose! I did find it accidentally after about two days of playing with this thing but then it was a pain to get back to CarPlay. When I finally was able to the “Sources” button disappeared again.

My last ride was a 22 GT with the same radio and package. On that one all I did was open the Ford Pass app that was in CarPlay. This model I cannot even get Ford Pass to show up under apps. The glow of having a new and “improved model” has turned into more of a dense fog. The owners manual has been useless so far. Page 388 of the manual shows you how to turn the audio system on, which I have mastered by pushing the button in but then everything starts going down from there. Item two shows an icon and tells you to press it to open the media source menu. Says you can press it multiple times to scroll 5hrough the sources. I cannot find this icon anywhere! I’ve always been fairly tech savvy but this piece of junk has got me wondering, for sure. Obviously I need some help but I’m hoping it won’t come from anyone that’s had the same problem. I’ve been working on this for days now. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Have you tried voice command? I listen to pandora, the wife went to drive the car and wanted radio, but she couldn't find the "sources" button and called me at work... I told her try voice command and it worked!

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I completely agree it sucks switching sources. The fastest way I’ve found to do it is select the tile on the right side that shows what’s playing. It opens up on the main screen and there is a sources button you can toggle between options.

At least there is still a physical volume knob.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
I completely agree it sucks switching sources. The fastest way I’ve found to do it is select the tile on the right side that shows what’s playing. It opens up on the main screen and there is a sources button you can toggle between options.

At least there is still a physical volume knob.
This, just hit the Audio tab then sources. If you the home button it brings you to the screen with the audio tile.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Use voice commands. I rarely have to touch the screen for as I use voice commands for radio and a/c. You don’t even have to use a button, just say “Hello Ford, tune radio to …”

OP
OP
Lgb0250

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I appreciate everyone’s advice but voice command doesn’t appear to be working properly for me. Using it I tried “sources, audio sources, audio, tune to fm 94.7, etc etc.” Nothing worked. It kept referring me back to Spotify channels.

When I initially start the car it takes me to a page that normally have the source tab but never fully loads before it returns to my Spotify homepage. I’m beginning to think I may not be as dumb as I thought and it’s time to take this puppy to a dealer and have them check it out. Was just so much easier using the Ford Pass app in the icons on my 22. Evidently Ford improved it by eliminating it from my car. Great job Ford.

Again, thanks for the advice. All this remind# me of the old saying “you can lead an old horse to the after but you can’t make him drink”. I feel like an old gray mare right about now.

S650 Mustang Infotainment System is Challenging! IMG_2276

S650 Mustang Infotainment System is Challenging! IMG_2274

S650 Mustang Infotainment System is Challenging! IMG_2281

S650 Mustang Infotainment System is Challenging! IMG_2280

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Couldn't agree more, this system is poor at best, with a convertible the voice command is even worse!
The system is disjointed having gaps in its logic. It feels like things like the radio should be easy to bring up.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Press and immediately release steering wheel voice command button to talk to the Ford Assistant:

"Listen to 93.5 FM" works for me.

"Listen to Classic Vinyl on XM radio" works, too.

Press and hold (wait for beep) the same button, then release to talk to Android Auto/CarPlay (assuming you're connected):

"Tune to Bob Seger radio on Pandora" works.

"Listen to Spotify radio" works.

Gotta use the button correctly. If you're talking to Ford assistant, you can't talk to Android Auto/CarPlay. If you're talking to Android Auto/CarPlay, then you are not talking to the Ford assistant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lgb0250

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Press and. Immediately release steering wheel voice command button to talk to the Ford Assistant:

"Listen to 93.5 FM" works for me.

"Listen to Classic Vinyl on XM radio" works, too.

Press and hold (wait for beep) the same button, then release to talk to Android Auto/CarPlay (assuming you're connected):

"Tune to Bob Seger radio on Pandora" works.

"Listen to Spotify radio" works.

Gotta use the button correctly. If you're talking to Ford assistant, you can't talk to Android Auto/CarPlay. If you're talking to Android Auto/CarPlay, then you are not talking to the Ford assistant.
WOW! This works perfectly. Evidently I was holding the button down too long. The short one does the trick for what I wanted. Can‘t believe how simple it is when you know what you are doing. Thank you so much. Hopefully others will find your answer before beating themselves up for hours and hours trying to figure it out on their own.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
All im looking for is an easy way to switch between B&O Radio and Apple CarPlay. I have a GT Premium with the 401A. I pretty much just listen to Spotify using CarPlay. But, there are times I would like to listen to local stations. It’s a nightmare anytime I try and switch. Thought I had found the perfect answer from another thread but there is no way I can find a “Sources” button, on purpose! I did find it accidentally after about two days of playing with this thing but then it was a pain to get back to CarPlay. When I finally was able to the “Sources” button disappeared again.

My last ride was a 22 GT with the same radio and package. On that one all I did was open the Ford Pass app that was in CarPlay. This model I cannot even get Ford Pass to show up under apps. The glow of having a new and “improved model” has turned into more of a dense fog. The owners manual has been useless so far. Page 388 of the manual shows you how to turn the audio system on, which I have mastered by pushing the button in but then everything starts going down from there. Item two shows an icon and tells you to press it to open the media source menu. Says you can press it multiple times to scroll 5hrough the sources. I cannot find this icon anywhere! I’ve always been fairly tech savvy but this piece of junk has got me wondering, for sure. Obviously I need some help but I’m hoping it won’t come from anyone that’s had the same problem. I’ve been working on this for days now. Thanks for listening.
You should ask Ford "Is it a bug or a feature" ...LOL The infotainment system must really suck if people like the Fox Body gauges the best ! Maybe a hint to Ford to bring real gauges back and have another screen in the middle for navigation and some real knobs and buttons ! Some things you cant improve on...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should ask Ford "Is it a bug or a feature" ...LOL The infotainment system must really suck if people like the Fox Body gauges the best ! Maybe a hint to Ford to bring real gauges back and have another screen in the middle for navigation and some real knobs and buttons ! Some things you cant improve on...
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Well, I appreciate everyone’s advice but voice command doesn’t appear to be working properly for me. Using it I tried “sources, audio sources, audio, tune to fm 94.7, etc etc.” Nothing worked. It kept referring me back to Spotify channels.

When I initially start the car it takes me to a page that normally have the source tab but never fully loads before it returns to my Spotify homepage. I’m beginning to think I may not be as dumb as I thought and it’s time to take this puppy to a dealer and have them check it out. Was just so much easier using the Ford Pass app in the icons on my 22. Evidently Ford improved it by eliminating it from my car. Great job Ford.

Again, thanks for the advice. All this remind# me of the old saying “you can lead an old horse to the after but you can’t make him drink”. I feel like an old gray mare right about now.

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg
Double arrow in carplay does split screen, more like 75/25, it shows car scrollable car[tiles] on the side.

Last edited:

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
WOW! This works perfectly. Evidently I was holding the button down too long. The short one does the trick for what I wanted. Can‘t believe how simple it is when you know what you are doing. Thank you so much. Hopefully others will find your answer before beating themselves up for hours and hours trying to figure it out on their own.
Glad you got it figured out! I (and others) said it would work... guess we should have done a bit more splaining.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I agree the audio system is a bit difficult to navigate. My iPhone usually connects as soon as I enter the car, which it did. Then I just hit the Waze icon in Carplay on the left side of the screen, to start that and run Sirius from the Mustang as well. So today Sirius did not come up and the source was evidently connected to my iPhone, which has never happened before. I searched everywhere looking for the source menu and finally gave up even though I have seen the source drop down before. As a last resort I hit the voice button on the steering wheel and said "play Sirius channel 7", and it worked!!!!! What a surprise. I need to learn how to get the things I want to see on the screen. Every time I play with it, I end up with the built in navigation and who knows what on the other side. Very confusing to me. My wife's 2024 VW Atlas is easy peasy to use.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have zero issues navigating around the Infotainment system. Then again, I've been using Sync since the first version.
Sponsored