• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those that have their cars, are there any infotainment glitches or issues?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
only issues i've been having are
1. sometimes Android Auto Wireless just does not connect
2. clock refuses to save the "24 Hour" setting
3. lack of performance shift indicator
4. MyMustang menu takes a bit to start up

1 does not happen too often, maybe once or twice a month, 2 i fixed by modifying a thing in the IPC, 3 is technically not an issue but i also fixed with FORScan, and 4 is really a non-issue

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
we can go deeper...

"we dont need seatbelts, we die like real men!"
That’s one deeper than two or is it too?

Although, I will admit nannie isn’t always bad she just has a tendency to remind when least expected.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I’ve had my GT since the end of September. A few issues…Sometimes the screen takes a long time thinking about whether it’s going to connect or not, sometimes it connects almost immediately. Then my Android connects, but Waze stays black. I turn off the car car and start over, and it clears up. Lately, I spontaneously lose my phone, music, Waze with a lost network connection message. I never use a usb connection. i haven’t had any problems with phone calls, but pretty regularly, the music cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back Like a glitch maybe or hiccup. That’s annoying, and I don’t know what’s up. Fairly often, the seat memory won’t move the seat when I get in the car, so I have to adjust the seat. Works fine when I turn off the car and usually the next time I get in again. I’ve lost the rear camera lines a couple of times, and I totally depend on them. I just do the turn off the car/back on thing again. (Please don’t ever ask me to back a trailer!) I was having a problem with the car pulling to the left when I was turning right, but found out it’s part of the lane keeping feature. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to keep you from turning? Hope this list helps y’all. I’ll be interested to know if I’m the only one with some of these issues.
Did you have your blinker on? It seems like I only get that when changing lanes with no blinker, like taking an exit off the highway. Making a better driver.

Deleted member 60890

I’ve had my 24’ GT convertible for a ~ week and I’ve notice the “my mustang” screen taking longer to display.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
2024 base GT, the map screen went orange and green at the bottom on startup, shut engine off and restarted and it was ok, only happened one time. No TSB or SSM in OASIS...

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
The infotainment is so glitchy. i’ve had my 24 gt since october and it’s frustrating how there havent been any update to fix the little issues. About every 1 in 10 start ups the screen takes about a minute to boot up. Also it seems like almost every day at least one the reverse lines on the backup camera don’t pop up which is really annoying. Even doing the reset by holding the right button and the volume down simultaneously doesn’t fix it. I’ve also had the audio system mess up once and fixed it by resetting the infotainment. Overall there little thing but overtime it just gets annoying cause your paying a decent price for a new car that has no many bugs. Things that simple update should be able to fix.

That being said does anyone know if there’s a fix for the reverse lines on the backup camera not popping up randomly?

S650 Mustang For those that have their cars, are there any infotainment glitches or issues? IMG_9803

Deleted member 60890

I when I get a text while streaming Spotify the music won’t come back. I pulled over and could not get it back until I turned off the car and back on again.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For me the wired connection to my phone gives me audible glitches every time when running wired CarPlay. Music and podcasts have this skipping sound often enough.

So I make sure to connect my phone wirelessly, then connect it to the charger cable—seems to work.

Every once in a while an app gets stuck on my iPhone and doesn’t play music, like Pandora. If you are in the middle of driving and don’t want to close and reopen the app on the phone, you can restart the infotainment system by pressing and holding volume down and next track buttons. I’d need to unplug the phones cable before it recognizes my phone.
That’s about it. I rented a Ford truck last summer and it had no issues with wired CarPlay…

Conhig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem Convertible
I had an issue with mine where there was crackling and thumping from the sub (sounded like a loose connection). ALso, system tones were not coming thru the sound system. I disconnected the battery for 30 secs and reconnected and it all went back to normal... 2nd issue i have had in 400 mi (2 mos) of driving.. none required a dealer trip, but very annoying.

Deleted member 60890

So mine seams to be working well with texts while steaming music now so there’s that…

MrSpookypants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The only problem I'm having with the system is that my stupid iPhone 14 Pro Max only connects to the system randomly when it feels like it. It'll automatically connect for a few drives, and then it just won't connect anymore. The only fix seems to be to delete the phone from the car system and re-add it like it's a new phone. Then, the irritating cycle repeats. Anyone else experiencing this, and if so, are you aware of a fix? I just want the thing to work like it's supposed to without having to use the USB cord.
Sponsored