• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
The Op of this particular thread. @Jetstream had a very similar issue but his Touchscreen button for My Mode disappeared from the list all together.
Yea, but his issue seems very different in terms of the connectivity issues and the codes his car is reporting.

Idk these cars. Is "custom mode" something you select on the touchscreen or in the screen behind the steering wheel?
Sponsored

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
The Op of this particular thread. @Jetstream had a very similar issue but his Touchscreen button for My Mode disappeared from the list all together.
[/QUOTE
It's weird, I have had minimal issues. I also live next to a cell tower. But went to a car show in the middle of nowhere in Ct, I couldn't change the instrument cluster? Been fine since.

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yea, but his issue seems very different in terms of the connectivity issues and the codes his car is reporting.

Idk these cars. Is "custom mode" something you select on the touchscreen or in the screen behind the steering wheel?
The Custom Mode lets you setup 6 profiles for what the “Custom Mode” does when you select it via the steering wheel controls. The Custom Mode “edit” window appears when you navigate to the MyMustang menu via the settings menu or the Pony button on the lower panel. For each one of the 6 profiles, you can select the base drive profile (Normal, Sport, Track, Drag Strip, or Slippery/Wet), Steering sensitivity (Comfort, Normal, or Sport), Traction control toggle, Auto Stop/Start, Gauge themes, and adaptive dampers if equipped.

It seems there is a direct connection between being able to access this menu and if connected services are available; if they’re not, you cannot edit these modes. You can still switch into the Custom drive mode on the steering wheel, but it will be locked to the last profile selected prior to losing connected services.

As my car had this same issue, I thought it a bit strange that connected services need to be active to be able to even access this menu in the first place…

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Speaking of infotainment access. Has anyone found a fas way to toggle between Apple/Android music and the FM radio? It takes me 5 button presses to back out of Android Auto to pick a new sound input and then back to Android Auto.
from Apple Carplay/Android Auto Screen, hit the home button on the top left, click on the music panel on the left side of the screen (should full screen whatever music app you are using), then tap the Sources button on the left side of the screen and then Pick AM/FM, XM, Android auto or Apple, or bluetooth for your source. If you are currently going to the extent of turning your Apple/Android music all the way off in the settings, no need for it at all. if this doesnt make sense, let me know and i can make a quick video.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's test the connectivity theory. Does anyone know how to get into diagnostics mode in these cars? On my truck, you hold radio power button and the previous track button until it gets to the speaker test screen. You wait for the speaker test to finish and end up here:

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang 1000047728

From this menu, you select testing settings and flip the toggle to turn on the connectivity icons which is what you see on the top right of my screen.

S650 Mustang Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang 1000047729

If the TCU is green, connectivity it working. If it's red, it's not. This can help to rule out the connectivity theory.

Maybe for you guys it's radio power button and hold the previous track button on the steering wheel to get to this menu?

I'll find out tomorrow how to get in there on these cars.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It's weird, I have had minimal issues. I also live next to a cell tower. But went to a car show in the middle of nowhere in Ct, I couldn't change the instrument cluster? Been fine since.
this would be concerning

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It seems there is a direct connection between being able to access this menu and if connected services are available; if they’re not, you cannot edit these modes. You can still switch into the Custom drive mode on the steering wheel, but it will be locked to the last profile selected prior to losing connected services.

As my car had this same issue, I thought it a bit strange that connected services need to be active to be able to even access this menu in the first place…
Data collection nightmare

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Let's test the connectivity theory. Does anyone know how to get into diagnostics mode in these cars? On my truck, you hold radio power button and the previous track button until it gets to the speaker test screen. You wait for the speaker test to finish and end up here:

1000047728.jpg

From this menu, you select testing settings and flip the toggle to turn on the connectivity icons which is what you see on the top right of my screen.

1000047729.jpg

If the TCU is green, connectivity it working. If it's red, it's not. This can help to rule out the connectivity theory.

Maybe for you guys it's radio power button and hold the previous track button on the steering wheel to get to this menu?

I'll find out tomorrow how to get in there on these cars.
My car is still at the dealer today (no updates yet) so I won't be able to try this. That being said, the connected services symbol was absent from the menu bar when the issue was present and the moment it returned, the issue evaporated...

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
My car is still at the dealer today (no updates yet) so I won't be able to try this. That being said, the connected services symbol was absent from the menu bar when the issue was present and the moment it returned, the issue evaporated...
Hmmm, I will check when I leave the Plant today to see if I have that Icon is active. So apparently, that has to be "On/Active" for the MyMustang Page to function properly? I would think that this would be an "On Device" item and all but again, this is the first Mustang with this much Tech. Still not regretting it and still don't think that I ever will.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, I will check when I leave the Plant today to see if I have that Icon present. So apparently, that has to be "On/Active" for the MyMustang Page to function properly? I would think that this would be an "On Device" item and all but again, this is the first Mustang with this much Tech. Still not regretting it and still don't think that I ever will.
I don't think connectivity has a direct effect on this, but I don't know enough above these cars yet to confirm.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I don't think connectivity has a direct effect on this, but I don't know enough above these cars yet to confirm.
Copy That.

I wouldn't think so either but this is new territory for me as well. I'm learning from you guys as well. Keep up the excellent works!!

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Update: Got the car back from the dealer today. A lot of head scratching from all the techs there. They did see the issue, and it was intermittent as I described during the past two days they had it. They said they’d never seen a system do that, but they also have not really had a lot of ‘24 Mustangs in to service yet either.

They told me they reprogrammed the PCM but didn’t know what else they could do just yet. They want me to drive it over the next week and notate if it occurs again (which I’ll update here either way). Apparently they’re going to reach out to some technical Ford experts and present the issue and see what they say.

Since I got in the car and the drive back from the dealer, the issue is not present. It will be interesting to see if it reappears tomorrow morning as it has in the past...

If it does reappear, I’ll test that menu that rugedraw mentioned and report. Hopefully, it won’t rear its head again I’ll have nothing bad to report back :fingerscrossed:

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They told me they reprogrammed the PCM but didn’t know what else they could do just yet. They want me to drive it over the next week and notate if it occurs again (which I’ll update here either way). Apparently they’re going to reach out to some technical Ford experts and present the issue and see what they say.
The updated the PCM and the ABS modules. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Issue reappeared this morning. I was able to access the ET mode, but wasn’t able to get anything to display the connectivity settings like rugedraw’s menu to specifically check the status of that system.​
Sponsored