• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Screen/Infotainment

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Micro fiber towels. I use them on all windows and glass with no cleaner needed. Haven’t used glass cleaner in years.
I clean houses, I hate using cleaner for windows, mirrors, I spray with water and wipe with an e cloth

niteMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing a lag with the infotainment screen when starting the car? In the first few minutes it is really slow at loading, especially the myMustang button it takes forever to load in the beginning but after 2-3 minutes everything seems to be good. Is that normal from a cold start ?

Last edited:

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Hey guys, I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing a lag with the infotainment screen when starting the car? In the first few minutes it is really slow at loading, especially the myMustang button it takes at forever to load in the beginning but after a 2-3 minutes everything seems to be good. Is that normal from a cold start ?
More often than not mine takes a long time before the mymustang settings screen will load right after startup. As a workaround I set my custom setting to what I want 90% of the time and now each time I start the car I push the car setting up button twice and it goes to my preferred mode and display. This works even if the mymustang screen hasn’t loaded. Since I did that I rarely have a need for getting in the settings right at startup. Hopefully it will be fixed in an OTA update, though.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
More often than not mine takes a long time before the mymustang settings screen will load right after startup. As a workaround I set my custom setting to what I want 90% of the time and now each time I start the car I push the car setting up button twice and it goes to my preferred mode and display. This works even if the mymustang screen hasn’t loaded. Since I did that I rarely have a need for getting in the settings right at startup. Hopefully it will be fixed in an OTA update, though.
I'm hoping the update includes a setting to turn off the stupid ass heart beat upon start up. So gimmicky and lame.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I'm hoping the update includes a setting to turn off the stupid ass heart beat upon start up. So gimmicky and lame.
Funny thing is I don’t even notice that anymore. I had to stop and think if mine even still does it. I’m sure it does, but I haven’t noticed for the last month. 😂

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
If you buckle your seatbelt before starting it doesn't play

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I clean houses, I hate using cleaner for windows, mirrors, I spray with water and wipe with an e cloth
I found many of the cleaners use soap or detergent which leaves a deposit that attracts dirt. You can add some denatured alcohol or ammonia (if you can find it without soap) for additional cleaning power. Don't use either of them on plastic.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
You can get an ammonia-free version of Windex from supermarkets.

S650 Mustang Screen/Infotainment {filename}

Would be interesting to try this against the over-priced products aimed at "enthusiasts".
I use that when restoring electronic equipment.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I found many of the cleaners use soap or detergent which leaves a deposit that attracts dirt. You can add some denatured alcohol or ammonia (if you can find it without soap) for additional cleaning power. Don't use either of them on plastic.
I always just do the water and e cloth and never any streaks. Birds have run into the doors.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I've been using Zeiss lens cleaner since I already had some. It's great for things like these screens. I do want a screen protector but just waiting for more options.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
My concern is, what happens when / if it fails? Does the car simply not run or do the various computers in the car resort to the last configuration or some default limp home state?
this is kinda a big deal. So far so good on my Dark Horse 1 piece screen, but I'll tell you that a few times during this retched summer in West Texas, I'd get in my Lightning (with one large tablet screen) and it wouldn't turn on immediately. There was no way to turn up AC/fan etc. For about 2-3 minutes it was miserable and then the screen would kick on. I love the look of these things but I want a SPECIFIC DIAL or tactile buttons for sound, temp, and fan speed.
Sponsored