• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Screen/Infotainment

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on just the screens/infotainment system since they play such a major part of the S650.

First thought: HOW TO KEEP IT CLEAN!
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on just the screens/infotainment system since they play such a major part of the S650.

First thought: HOW TO KEEP IT CLEAN!
My candid & controversial opinion of the screens aside, I'm interested in recommendations for anti-glare screen protectors.

I came across a couple on Amazon, but I don't know if they would be a good fit for the S650 screens.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My candid & controversial opinion of the screens aside, I'm interested in recommendations for anti-glare screen protectors.

I came across a couple on Amazon, but I don't know if thry would be a good fit for the S650 screens.
Right there with you on that! Hoping the aftermarket hurries up with a solution on this.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My concern is, what happens when / if it fails? Does the car simply not run or do the various computers in the car resort to the last configuration or some default limp home state?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My concern is, what happens when / if it fails? Does the car simply not run or do the various computers in the car resort to the last configuration or some default limp home state?
That's what we've been discussing in the threads about the Extended Warranty.

That's why the PremiumCare package would probably be a good investment.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why I went with the extended warranty.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The drive system and infotainment system are two separate entities. You can still drive the car if the screens stop working.

For my Tesla, whenever the screen crashes/freezes, I can still drive the car normally. I just can't see my speed or any other useful information since it's all on the screen.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Other than Voice commands gonna be tough to keep clean. Microfiber (although I can’t stand how they feel) in the glovebox/center console?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

I came across a couple on Amazon, but I don't know if they would be a good fit for the S650 screens.
Some of those tablet privacy screen protectors could be interesting but really not sure how much they would help with glare and what not.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The drive system and infotainment system are two separate entities. You can still drive the car if the screens stop working.

For my Tesla, whenever the screen crashes/freezes, I can still drive the car normally. I just can't see my speed or any other useful information since it's all on the screen.
So taking just that one example you have...

How do you know what speed you're driving (to ensure you're not exceeding the speed limit or impeding traffic) if you can't see the gauges?

And what happens if the police stops you and discovers you can't see them? I imagine they would give you a ticket for driving a technically unsafe and non-compliant vehicle that can't pass inspection.

Furthermore, a temporary glitch that goes away after a restart is one thing. But what happens if you accidentally spill food/drinks on it, crack the screen, the LED screen gives out (as it does on our phones), etc.

And we're even going to get into the HVAC controls or radio.

Me personally, I feel more comfortable with an extra level of protection knowing that stuff can be repaired quickly and at (almost) no cost with an ESP.

Last edited:

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
So taking just that one example you have...

How do you know what speed you're driving (to ensure you're not exceeding the speed limit or impeding traffic) if you can't see the gauges?

And what happens if the police stops you and discovers you can't see them? I imagone they would give you a ticket for driving a technically unsafe and non-compliant vehicle that can't pass inspection.

Furthermore, a temporary glitch that goes away after a restart is one thing. But what happens if you accidentally spill food/drinks on it, crack the screen, the LED screen gives out (as it does on our phones), etc.

And we're even going to get into the HVAC controls or radio.

Me personally, I feel more comfortable with an extra level of protection knowing that stuff can be repaired quickly and at (almost) no cost with an ESP.
Guess you pull up Waze on your phone and use GPS speed reading.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I thought I saw that video of guy peeling the plastic off the screen somewhere on the internet, what if you asked the dealer to leave them on? I'll see if I can find the video of that!
Sponsored