• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Screen/Infotainment

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I've always wiped down the instrument panel/gauges of all our cars with a very soft, damp microfiber towel.
Sponsored

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
High quality microfiber and some of the same stuff that you spray on your tv?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So taking just that one example you have...

How do you know what speed you're driving (to ensure you're not exceeding the speed limit or impeding traffic) if you can't see the gauges?

And what happens if the police stops you and discovers you can't see them? I imagine they would give you a ticket for driving a technically unsafe and non-compliant vehicle that can't pass inspection.

Furthermore, a temporary glitch that goes away after a restart is one thing. But what happens if you accidentally spill food/drinks on it, crack the screen, the LED screen gives out (as it does on our phones), etc.

And we're even going to get into the HVAC controls or radio.

Me personally, I feel more comfortable with an extra level of protection knowing that stuff can be repaired quickly and at (almost) no cost with an ESP.
Definitely get the warranty especially since all vital functions and information are screen-based.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My concern is, what happens when / if it fails? Does the car simply not run or do the various computers in the car resort to the last configuration or some default limp home state?
For what it is worth it would be no different than if the digital dash and Sync 3 screen went out on an 18+ S550. I do not recall anyone on here experiencing that but you might want to drop a post on M6G.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
For what it is worth it would be no different than if the digital dash and Sync 3 screen went out on an 18+ S550. I do not recall anyone on here experiencing that but you might want to drop a post on M6G.
The difference is, Sync isn't required to use the vehicle and the S550 also had hard buttons/dials for adjusting the HVAC, Audio and for watching our speed.

The features on the screen were more of a novelty.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
With the highest GSM you can find, preferably somewhere between 600-700
Yea, I have a file drawer full of the Adams Gray Borderless and Double Soft. I like the TV cleaner because the bottles are small and can be stored easily in the console and have a very fine mist. Anal…..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The difference is, Sync isn't required to use the vehicle and the S550 also had hard buttons/dials for adjusting the HVAC, Audio and for watching our speed.

The features on the screen were more of a novelty.
True, but the car will still be drivable until you can get it fixed. Hopefully you will never need to find out.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Reactions: Zig

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
True, but the car will still be drivable until you can get it fixed. Hopefully you will never need to find out.
It would depend on the extent of damage and functionality lost whether it's drivable.

Legally speaking, a vehicle without gauges is not one I would considered drivable. And I wouldn't want to be driving in hot Texas summers without access to the A/C controls.

I'd rather not live on hopes and prayers, because sh*t happens. See the guy for example whose S550 was damaged in an accident just before he could trade it in for his S650 as an example.

But that's just me. Not trying to change minds, but it's a legitimate concern that I'm not alone in sharing.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Other than Voice commands gonna be tough to keep clean. Microfiber (although I can’t stand how they feel) in the glovebox/center console?
Make sure the microfiber's don't accumulate dust on them or else it will scratch the screen when you wipe it. You can counter this by dampening the cloth.

Reactions: Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It would depend on the extent of damage and functionality lost whether it's drivable.

Legally speaking, a vehicle without gauges is not one I would considered drivable. And I wouldn't want to be driving in hot Texas summers without access to the A/C controls.

I'd rather not live on hopes and prayers, because sh*t happens. See the guy for example whose S550 was damaged in an accident just before he could trade it in for his S650 as an example.

But that's just me. Not trying to change minds, but it's a legitimate concern that I'm not alone in sharing.
Tbh no worse than driving without headlights. (Not recommended - I repeat not recommended)

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Also does anyone know if the screens are glass? From the marketing it sounds like they're glass which would not be susceptible to micro scratches from microfiber cloths. If they're plastic then you need to be extra careful when wiping.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
theocdplug.com has a kit for the new screens both premium and base!!
They are supposed to be ready to ship!
Thanks for the recommendation! I will say that seems exceptionally expensive for some cut vinyl...
Sponsored