• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Screen/Infotainment

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the recommendation! I will say that seems exceptionally expensive for some cut vinyl...
I agree!! Just saw that someone had it installed on their new Mustang, while I still wait for mine! There will probably be more coming out soon to help lower the prices.
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on just the screens/infotainment system since they play such a major part of the S650.

First thought: HOW TO KEEP IT CLEAN!
I use these Norwex cloths in all of my vehicles. We have the HUGE screen in our 22' Expedition. This keeps it spotless. They even work for cleaning dust off of any interior surfaces. They are amazing and require no chemicals. Most of the time I just use them dry, sometimes just add a little water.

https://shopus.norwex.biz/en_US/customer/shop/product-detail/305100?categoryName=Car_and_Tech

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
I have a big touch screen in my F150. The fingerprints never bothered me ahaha

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I've been using the Ford Assistant button on the steering wheel to change stations to keep my hands off of the screen as much as I can. I press the button and say "XM " and whatever station number. Are driving gloves still in style?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on just the screens/infotainment system since they play such a major part of the S650.

I clean houses(love cleaning) microfiber cloth or those little cloths you use to clean your cellphones, etc off with. Nothing wet

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My concern is, what happens when / if it fails? Does the car simply not run or do the various computers in the car resort to the last configuration or some default limp home state?
All I know is it is complicated for my little brain. When I am on setting and say Iā€™m on my profile trying to figure it out, and I go to look up something on the manual, the manual is blacked out! I am about to sell this thing and buy me an electric bicycle

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what we've been discussing in the threads about the Extended Warranty.

That's why the PremiumCare package would probably be a good investment.
We didnā€™t get any extended warranties. We have in the past and then when we needed it the warranty had always expired.
The drive system and infotainment system are two separate entities. You can still drive the car if the screens stop working.

For my Tesla, whenever the screen crashes/freezes, I can still drive the car normally. I just can't see my speed or any other useful information since it's all on the screen.
Well You could still see your speed youā€™re going, if you get a gps for the windshieldšŸ˜Š

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other than Voice commands gonna be tough to keep clean. Microfiber (although I canā€™t stand how they feel) in the glovebox/center console?
I accidentally found another little cubbyhole in there you could put a little microfiber cloth, get you a little pair of gloves if you donā€™t like the feel of them. Donā€™t ask me where the cubbyhole is though, I canā€™t remember where it was

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So taking just that one example you have...

How do you know what speed you're driving (to ensure you're not exceeding the speed limit or impeding traffic) if you can't see the gauges?

And what happens if the police stops you and discovers you can't see them? I imagine they would give you a ticket for driving a technically unsafe and non-compliant vehicle that can't pass inspection.

Furthermore, a temporary glitch that goes away after a restart is one thing. But what happens if you accidentally spill food/drinks on it, crack the screen, the LED screen gives out (as it does on our phones), etc.

And we're even going to get into the HVAC controls or radio.

Me personally, I feel more comfortable with an extra level of protection knowing that stuff can be repaired quickly and at (almost) no cost with an ESP.
I really donā€™t know how you could spill any food or drinks on the screen unless you are having a food fightšŸ˜Š

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c

Micro fiber towels. I use them on all windows and glass with no cleaner needed. Havenā€™t used glass cleaner in years.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
I accidentally found another little cubbyhole in there you could put a little microfiber cloth, get you a little pair of gloves if you donā€™t like the feel of them. Donā€™t ask me where the cubbyhole is though, I canā€™t remember where it was
It's by your left knee, next to the head lamp buttons. There is a pop out sunglass holder.
Sponsored