• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recurring Infotainment and Connected Services Issues in S650 Mustang

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Hello all,

I’m reaching out due to persistent problems with my S650 infotainment system, which have been happening intermittently over the last few weeks. I am looking for advice or to hear if anyone has experienced similar issues.

Initially, the issue manifested when I noticed the ‘MyMustang’ menu was missing the custom mode profile option, and I couldn’t access the WiFi menu or update settings. However, the Mustang app on my phone still worked for remote operations.

After these issues first appeared, I took the car to the dealership. They briefly checked it and claimed everything was fine, but the issue reoccurred right in their parking lot. A service advisor witnessed the problem, and as I was explaining the issue in depth, the connected services resumed, and everything started functioning again. He was as puzzled as I was, but said it should be working now, so I left. The next day, the problems returned.

On the dealership’s advice, I undertook several troubleshooting steps:

1. Complete Settings Reset: I reset all settings in the infotainment menu to factory defaults.

2. Battery Disconnection: I disconnected the batteries, waited, and reconnected them.

3. Vehicle Rest: I let the car sit for several hours in an area with good cellular reception.

4. Soft Reset of SYNC System: Performed using the steering wheel buttons.

A few days after these steps, the system updated itself, temporarily resolving the issues and adding the classic gauge cluster to the display options. However, today, the same problems have returned.

I have tried the normal start, key fob remote start, and using the app to see if there is any difference. Seemingly, if I start the car using the app there is a higher chance that connected services work.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions for further troubleshooting before considering another trip to the dealership.

Thank you in advance for your help!

IMG_9054.png

IMG_9053.png
Open fuse box in passenger side interior …remove fuse #8 #31 for 10 minutes put them back ..start car should fix connectivity issues with WiFi,Myford etc..custom
Mode should come back up
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jetstream

Jetstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Open fuse box in passenger side interior …remove fuse #8 #31 for 10 minutes put them back ..start car should fix connectivity issues with WiFi,Myford etc..custom
Mode should come back up
Seemed to work to get things reset for a bit. Problem reoccurred during the next start.