• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Time will tell. I'm starting to wonder if the s650 will really look like that sculpture. It doesn't seem to have the massive grille. Maybe the general shape of the sculpture was hinting at what we could expect - longer hood, roofline going all the way to the back etc. But we'll see. The design language previewed with the sculpture has only been used on Ford's for the Chinese market. So those design cues may not even make their way to global models. Who knows at this point aside from Ford lol.
While other cars didn't copy every single line from the chinese Mondeo/Evos I think you can still see similiarities on the new Focus and Fiesta. Especially the big single grille seems to be the new trend for Ford, even though it luckily looks like Mustang will not have that at least

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For what its worth, at least one prototype is still out there on the track, at least as of yesterday.

I belong to a Facebook group (Mustang Owners Club of South East Michigan) and there's a guy on there who regularly tests pre-production models, most recently the Mach 1 and Bronco. He even posts photos of these at times, although he won't be breaking any rules as by the time he tests them, they've already been officially revealed.

Anyway, there was a link to this very article on the Group and he commented on it yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/698723633573423

He stated he'd seen it on the track yesterday.....and also commented " passed each other a few times on the track, they were testing vehicle dynamics on wwcr... "

I have no idea what wwcr means though!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
For what its worth, at least one prototype is still out there on the track, at least as of yesterday.

I belong to a Facebook group (Mustang Owners Club of South East Michigan) and there's a guy on there who regularly tests pre-production models, most recently the Mach 1 and Bronco. He even posts photos of these at times, although he won't be breaking any rules as by the time he tests them, they've already been officially revealed.

Anyway, there was a link to this very article on the Group and he commented on it yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/698723633573423

He stated he'd seen it on the track yesterday.....and also commented " passed each other a few times on the track, they were testing vehicle dynamics on wwcr... "

I have no idea what wwcr means though!
ford also has been going hardcore on any leaks to the point they’ll terminate an employee if they find out you took a pic and it leached

the silver lining is most of the leaks have come from outside workers hahaha

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
An interesting concept. I'd be surprised to see it debut on S650 though, although it would be a cool option to have.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't see the point in this... The fun in shifting is not based purely on pulling and pushing a stick... I like pushing the clutch and I would miss it. Might as well buy an AT then...

I have pedal shifters on my steering wheel... It's just a 'nice to have' feature and nowhere near a proper MT...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I wouldn't read too much into patents from carmakers. There are things like the full glasroof Mustang, the Cadillac Alpha-2 Coupe, C8 with active aero and so many more stuff that never made it into production.
Ford owns the Skyline name in the US...
.... VR38 powered AWD Mustang Skyline GT-R confirmed?!

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Yuck. No thanks. Hydraulic clutches were enough of a shock.

I'd MUCH rather have a 10-speed auto than a fake manual.
Sponsored