• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I think I understand how a platform works. You seem intelligent - I'm sure you realize you're making two contradicting arguments:
1. We need the new platform because the old one isn't good enough.
2. Platforms are really flexible and can be changed to do whatever is necessary to make a good performing vehicle.
You did miss out on reading 'these days' - meaning modern platforms ;)
D2C is simply to old to be modular. It was built for the Mustang and as such it was built around the requirements of a 2005 car again, if we consider the D2C as a new platform.

Modern platforms share modular designs and as such are much more flexible. D2C isn't flexible or suited for a modern car, hence the upgrades ;)

And I hope as well that the S650 is much more than just some design and interior upgrades.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The S650 was always the plan since 2015. Whoever came up with the CD6 idea is long gone, specifically for dumb ideas like the one he had. However, I bet the whole Mach-E program was conceived specifically to make the CD6 guy happy until he got replaced. Although, with the success of the Mach-E, it won’t surprise me to see the Mach-E’s platform evolve like the S550 did.

Guys that come up with ideas like a pure CD6 Mustang are also the same guys that probably got the GT500 delayed until 2020. I would rather get the S650 we were supposed to get instead of something we might not want. Maybe the S650 is scalable enough to support a 110-115 inch wheelbase for the eMustang lineup… it would make everything cheaper even still.