• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
An S197 that looked like the above would sell faster than hotcakes.

With that said, I'm still of the opinion that S650 will be a looker - if only based on Farley's claims of wanting S650 to be a poster car. My take from what we've seen so far is that it'll be the most modern looking "retro" Mustang to date, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
It will be a looker for sure, if the s550s design process is anything to go by, there were 100s of design sketches for the s650, and in theory, the best one out of the bunch was chosen.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I actually disagree. I don't think it'll be that similar to this. This is clearly just a mashup of the new Mondeo and S550.

From Jem's description of what he saw, the headlights and grille (including shape) are supposed to look completely different from this render.
Yeah, I created a sketch about a week ago that apparently is pretty close to what the s650 headlights will look like. Essentially the new escape headlights, but more agressive, with three led elements instead of two.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
there were 100s of design sketches for the s650, and in theory, the best one out of the bunch was chosen.
well it's not like they'll admit to picking a crappy one, now would they...
I think the automotive industry 'artists' have collectively lost their damn minds. It's just monkeys copying someone else's stupid motif. Brand X did Y so we gotta do it too. Pox on all their damn houses!

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
Not crazy about the negative surface below the hop up feature.Hope they don't go this route but i'm sure they will.
side.png

1642441605164.jpg

I love the muscular side profile of this car but the fussiness of the hop up can also be found on several other cars.
Since this car gathered some interest in this thread...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
well it's not like they'll admit to picking a crappy one, now would they...
I think the automotive industry 'artists' have collectively lost their damn minds. It's just monkeys copying someone else's stupid motif. Brand X did Y so we gotta do it too. Pox on all their damn houses!
Well my point is it's kinda like the voice show, all the singers are pretty good. As the competition progresses, the best singers are selected, and the best singer in theory wins. Even if they don't pick the best "singer" even the second best is pretty good. See what I mean.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I really like the retro as well. ,but probably end up with something like this

Screenshot_20220127-092422_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220127-092449_Chrome.jpg
…the front bumper is probably destined to be that low. I think the S650 will pull the panels inward in some places and push the panels out in other places. The V8 GT will be a 107.1” wheelbase and probably host a slightly wider track. I believe they will continue to offer the eMustang on a modified Mach-E wheelbase/platform too.

I am really, really hoping that they intend on announcing a shorter, 105” version of the S650 platform. Especially with the GT4 announcement in 2024.

I am hoping we see a 105” wheelbase 2024 GT350R announced just in time for IMSA GT4 in 2024. I honestly feel that the true strengths of the S650 will be cost, scalability and performance.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09

I feel like whoever made this knows something. Some notes:

- Feels much taller than S550
- Fake exhausts definitely not going to happen on a Mustang perhaps ever.
- The front is a good Mondeo + Mach E combination but taller.
- The lights on the back feel "real" to me given the recent leaked photos.

I feel overall we are likely heading in this direction except some of the proportions are probably in correct. I don't prefer the lights as much but intrigued nonethless.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I feel like whoever made this knows something. Some notes:

- Feels much taller than S550
- Fake exhausts definitely not going to happen on a Mustang perhaps ever.
- The front is a good Mondeo + Mach E combination but taller.
- The lights on the back feel "real" to me given the recent leaked photos.

I feel overall we are likely heading in this direction except some of the proportions are probably in correct. I don't prefer the lights as much but intrigued nonethless.
I looks taller because that lighting element pulls your eye up, and because those lights are thin, they take up less vertical space, making the front end look less proportional.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good effort. I don't Ford producing a "long tail" version of S650 though :)

The "bump" at the base of the A-pillar is intriguing though. You'd expect the side mirror to be several inches further back.

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
…the front bumper is probably destined to be that low. I think the S650 will pull the panels inward in some places and push the panels out in other places. The V8 GT will be a 107.1” wheelbase and probably host a slightly wider track. I believe they will continue to offer the eMustang on a modified Mach-E wheelbase/platform too.

I am really, really hoping that they intend on announcing a shorter, 105” version of the S650 platform. Especially with the GT4 announcement in 2024.

I am hoping we see a 105” wheelbase 2024 GT350R announced just in time for IMSA GT4 in 2024. I honestly feel that the true strengths of the S650 will be cost, scalability and performance.
I don't see why Ford doesn't just produce the 350 and the 500 concurrently. There's an obvious audience for both, and many customers would actually buy both.

Good effort. I don't Ford producing a "long tail" version of S650 though :)

The "bump" at the base of the A-pillar is intriguing though. You'd expect the side mirror to be several inches further back.
Don't put too much stock in that GT3 pic. It's obviously just something a designer cobbled together in a hurry just to get something out there.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

Feeling a lot of '2 door Charger' in that edit.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I don't see why Ford doesn't just produce the 350 and the 500 concurrently. There's an obvious audience for both, and many customers would actually buy both.

Don't put too much stock in that GT3 pic. It's obviously just something a designer cobbled together in a hurry just to get something out there.
I wouldn't say that, those images are usually representative if the actual design. Take off the spoiler and we're most likely looking at the profile for the s650.
Sponsored