• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
As said earlier I am also a bit disappointed how close to Gen 6 the car seems to be. I understand why they wouldn't touch their winning formula, but actually I think this is a huge risk for Gen 7.

From what I heard one of the biggest selling problems for Chevy of the Camaro 6 on launch was not visibility, price or things like that. It was a really simple thing: The car was just looking way too close to the 2014 refresh. People just didn't realize this is a brand new car. Compare that to the Mustang 6 launch, this car was an insane attention gainer because the design stood out from the Gen 5.

I think a new Mustang looking like this, but having all the modern Hybrid or EV stuff under the hood would easily be a game changer. It will be really interesting how Dodges EV will turn out, it clearly still has the retro ponycar looks, which will attract a lot of people
1642578613646.png
I like this a lot. Very much like my 2007. But with the modern, technology things as you mentioned.
Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
if that were true, I'd like Ford to explain why their stupid electronic doo-dads keep going up in price by 10%, and a set of Brembo calipers and rotors goes up in price 25% per annum. Webster's needs to put 'Ford Mustang Options Pricing' under the definition of Greed and Pound o' Flesh as well synonym to Highway Robbery.

I dearly hope the 650 does not get that eye-bleach requiring tablet used in the Mock-mE. Human beings are designed to use physical buttons and knobs. Not this touch-screen and membrane bullshit. If you want to present a hundred options for only god knows why, write an app or simple webpage interface that a phone can use to talk to the car via BT or VERY low power Wifi. Even better, export all the settings via YAML. Then enterprising people who CAN ACTUALLY PROGRAM and do intelligent UI design can take on the task of data presentation. Ford programmers are of very low quality and it shows.
I’m surprised someone hasn’t designed a bunch of physical controls for volume, temperature, etc. for the Mach-E. They could be plugged in using the SDL interface.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
As said earlier I am also a bit disappointed how close to Gen 6 the car seems to be. I understand why they wouldn't touch their winning formula, but actually I think this is a huge risk for Gen 7.

From what I heard one of the biggest selling problems for Chevy of the Camaro 6 on launch was not visibility, price or things like that. It was a really simple thing: The car was just looking way too close to the 2014 refresh. People just didn't realize this is a brand new car. Compare that to the Mustang 6 launch, this car was an insane attention gainer because the design stood out from the Gen 5.

I think a new Mustang looking like this, but having all the modern Hybrid or EV stuff under the hood would easily be a game changer. It will be really interesting how Dodges EV will turn out, it clearly still has the retro ponycar looks, which will attract a lot of people
1642578613646.png
It really is a very tough line to walk, because designers had to follow up the very well received s550 design, while also being tasked with designing what will likely be the last gas powered mustang. It seems like they've decided to stay close to the s550 design, with enough tweaks to make it feel unique. I don't think ford would make the same mistake Chevy made with the 6th gen Camaro. I think the s650 will look similar, but different enough to where most people can tell them apart. While we may not be blown away by this approach initially, long term, I think people will be happy that ford went with a more timeless, and beautiful design, rather than making something that was extremely agressive and over the top with a massive grille and hood intakes. Kinda like how long term, the maverick will look better than the Sante Cruz.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

1642578613646.png
This is an amazing rendering. Kudos to the designer (Looks like something I would draw lol).

However for a modern vehicle this might not be the way to go. The s550 was a modern evolution and this is more like what a restoration house would apply to a 67-68 or even a S197 chassis. The lack of rear QP window further accelerates that philosophy.

Ream me if you want. I would build this out of a 67-68 or S197 but I don't see this as a S650.

Cheers
Todd

PS: This is why I love these speculatory threads.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I must admit, I'm a sucker for the retro look........and would love an "updated S197".......but it 'aint gonna happen.

I'm sure S650 will be good looking though......when we finally get to see it undressed :)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I must admit, I'm a sucker for the retro look........and would love an "updated S197".......but it 'aint gonna happen.

I'm sure S650 will be good looking though......when we finally get to see it undressed :)

An S197 that looked like the above would sell faster than hotcakes.

With that said, I'm still of the opinion that S650 will be a looker - if only based on Farley's claims of wanting S650 to be a poster car. My take from what we've seen so far is that it'll be the most modern looking "retro" Mustang to date, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Elvis67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
An S197 that looked like the above would sell faster than hotcakes.

With that said, I'm still of the opinion that S650 will be a looker - if only based on Farley's claims of wanting S650 to be a poster car. My take from what we've seen so far is that it'll be the most modern looking "retro" Mustang to date, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I really like the retro as well. ,but probably end up with something like this

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 Screenshot_20220127-092422_Chrome

S650 Mustang First Look: S650 Mustang Prototype Spied With Production Body! 📸 Screenshot_20220127-092449_Chrome

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Screenshot_20220127-092422_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220127-092449_Chrome.jpg
This rendering is amazing. Where did this one come from? This looks very possible based on what we've seen.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

Well, it's supposed to be an EV - hence no need to cool the engine...
A NA V8 can't look like that unless Ford finds another creative way for air to enter the intercooler...

The tail just looks awful… like a friendly neighborhood sedan…

I’ll bet that the S650 will look more aggressive especially the tail.
The retro design looks good but it looks more like a Challenger update to me.
I would prefer a slightly updated look, keep the classy design and put more emphasize on the interior. I never loved the S197 design or any of its predecessors except the first generation.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not bad......but all they've done is graft on the new Mondeo headlamps and taillamps to a GT350, added a Mach E grille and Mach 1 lower vents.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

I actually disagree. I don't think it'll be that similar to this. This is clearly just a mashup of the new Mondeo and S550.

From Jem's description of what he saw, the headlights and grille (including shape) are supposed to look completely different from this render.