• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
(Jan 23/2023)
Ford offered frustrated Bronco customers $2,500 to buy something else. Ford Motor Co. has sent letters offering a $2,500 deal to frustrated customers tired of waiting for certain high-end Bronco SUVs that are on order but delayed because of the ongoing global supply chain disruption.

Well, these Checks came from Ford...not from the dealers. Didn't they ???
We are nowhere near what the Bronco people went through, and I know I was one of them.
There were certificates that were issued to some, money off accessories or another car. "IF" the dealer would honor them. These are still talked about.

What point are you trying to make with this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Jim Owens, the Mustang Brand Manager, stated a few times early on that cars were to be at dealers early summer. Somewhere along the line that changed to just summer which is also quickly running out. 45 days till fall... 🍂
Did he specify a YEAR in addition to "early summer"? Did he specify a continent? Maybe he meant summer in Argentina? :)

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
We are nowhere near what the Bronco people went through, and I know I was one of them.
There were certificates that were issued to some, money off accessories or another car. "IF" the dealer would honor them. These are still talked about.

What point are you trying to make with this?
What you say about the Bronco is true.

But to your main point, some people's expectations with respect to delivery are/were completely unrealistic given all the failed launches and quality problems Ford has had recently.

I said folks would do good to receive their cars by the fall. And welp, Meteorological Fall starts 9/1...

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
isn't Ford's Job to get them familiar with the process?
Ford's job is to make money for its shareholders, nothing more.

Now, part of accomplishing that may involve ensuring they have happy/satisfied customers that want to purchase the products they're selling to make money. But that doesn't necessarily require that they provide the level of customer service you think you're entitled to.

...And thank you for attending my Ted Talk on Life Lessons 101...

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Did he specify a YEAR in addition to "early summer"? Did he specify a continent? Maybe he meant summer in Argentina? :)
On the last light of Durin's Day (they celebrate that in New Zealand I think).

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I totally understand waiting a few weeks after initial production start for a new model, that's normal.
But what i think is going on here is Ford is waiting until there is enough so that they show up everywhere at once. A sort of marketing stunt. (my dealer kinda confirmed this).

Problem is, in doing so, Ford is also giving the finger to all the early buyers, the ones who trusted Ford enough to buy/order a car without having seen it. Those people, are essentially not super important to Ford. And that part is annoying.

Also, some people ordered garage queens, and that's perfectly fine. But those people are rightfully worried about their future prized possession spending 2-3 months under the elements.
Granted they don't own it yet, but it's rather inconsiderate on Ford's part...

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
time to retire this thread, or at least re-name it.

I keep getting pulled back in, reading crap...

Looking for that small glimmer of hope, that cars will be shipped out... TOMORROW! LOL

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Can't believe I just had to read 6 pages of you clowns arguing over nothing for the last 24 hours. you gave me hope then shattered it
star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-star-wars.gif
Anytime you say anything a few of these clowns want to nitpick every word and sentence and think they’re know-it-alls on top of it. It why I said last night this sh*t is comical.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
QC would have shut down production again, shortage of parts would have been announced like chips with the F150's. So honestly I have to assume they have a date and we just haven't reached it yet.
Just sharing what I know and what makes sense form a manufacturing stand point.
This is not necessarily true. I've seen plenty of manufacturing lines continue with known problems. What "makes sense" in this world is: Keep the manufacturing line rolling! If you shut down the line that's production you can never make up, costs you're incurring while idle, sales lost to potential customers who buy something else, etc. Not at all uncommon to keep production going if it is possible to remedy a known quality problem after the fact. Furthermore, we *know* Ford does this, we have evidence from the past few years. Bronco was mentioned earlier in this thread. Surely you know that Ford kept producing Broncos with known problems (MIC hardtop for one, but there were apparently other issues, too), parked them on "Dirt Mountain", and waited.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is not necessarily true. I've seen plenty of manufacturing lines continue with known problems. What "makes sense" in this world is: Keep the manufacturing line rolling! If you shut down the line that's production you can never make up, costs you're incurring while idle, sales lost to potential customers who buy something else, etc. Not at all uncommon to keep production going if it is possible to remedy a known quality problem after the fact. Furthermore, we *know* Ford does this, we have evidence from the past few years. Bronco was mentioned earlier in this thread. Surely you know that Ford kept producing Broncos with known problems (MIC hardtop for one, but there were apparently other issues, too), parked them on "Dirt Mountain", and waited.

Yes, I know all about the QC issues with the Bronco. What I'm saying is Ford already shut down Mustang production for QC issues early on. If there were major QC issues it would be all over the internet.
And the Hardtop was also a known issue, which is why it was one of the main constraint's dealers told you the wait would be a very long time. Does every manufacture have QC issues yes, do they shut down production no. Bronco hardtop is not really a good example because it was known and was easily a part that could be added.

Certain QC issues can and have stopped production. It is a lot easier to fix body panel gaps so they don't happen on the line then to try to fix them after the vehicle is built.