• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gmoney9873

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Vapor Blue
This whole situation is strange to me. Nobody has gotten their cars yet as far as we know and yet ford is still giving out etas. Why would they give us an eta if they aren't already shipping out cars?
They are hoping to ship them out during those eta week(s) and have them to us during that time ut they keep running into “delays”. It sucks and does seem strange especially since the cars are all sitting there look ready.
Sponsored

sknsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 2009 Escape
Actually for me $60 thousand + is more than I paid for my home 25 years ago. LOL Remember patients is a virtue.
Same with me. More than double first home price
Ordered my DH on April 2nd. Was in order processing forever and now unscheduled clean for the last 5 weeks. Maybe by Thanksgiving.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
IMHO, I think Ford is pretty much on schedule.

Traditionally, new models hit the dealerships in late August or early September for the start of a model year.

The early ordering process kind of skews the expectation to quicker deliveries than tradition would suggest. Especially in this world of instant gratification from our modern technology.

I am pretty frustrated myself even while acknowledging my above statement. I comfort myself with a quick full throttle run through the gears in my GT and all is well again, LOL!!
Ordered mine June 7, dealer told me from early to late September.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Maybe this is why they should ship them out as soon as they’re done. That’s just ridiculous! After seeing this, I’m kind of glad my car hasn’t even been started on yet. That could be the hold up right there, I hadn’t heard anything about this

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered mine June 7, dealer told me from early to late September.
Looks like he is going to be wrong. All it is, is a guessing game, my dealer won’t tell me anything because he said he doesn’t know anything, he said he won’t know anything, until after they send me a Vin number, and then he can find out whatever, but I have not even received my Vin number

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if you ever ordered a vehicle before but cars go from production to a waiting area before transport and sometimes wait over a month to ship, so like I said this is not new. While I understand your concerns they are being blown out of proportion.

What do expect Ford to do move all of the vehicles inside when a storm comes thru? Ship cars out before they are ready. As far as I have seen there is no set date of when the 24 Mustang was supposed to be released!

Having ordered vehicles in the past I knew I was not getting this car earlier than August. I'm really not sure what made anyone think that.

And it is not a Theory....If anything outside of what is listed on the tracker happens to your car Ford usually will contact the dealership. They have no obligations to contact you for something outside of what the tracker states. YOU ARE NOT BUYING THE VEHICLE FROM FORD!

And not everyone gets all of the emails from Ford, I haven't received the 45 day emails. I only have received the "order accepted email".

Like I said I don't see anything different from ordering pre-covid.

Like everyone else all we can do it wait and hope for the best when the car shows up at the dealership.
ford Said they would be at dealers this summer. Summer is going to be over next month

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
ford Said they would be at dealers this summer. Summer is going to be over next month

Yes Ford did say this summer which is a window and as you stated summer is not over yes. Point being is?

If they start shipping cars by September 4 they are good, if not then start your complaining to Ford...LOL

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes Ford did say this summer which is a window and as you stated summer is not over yes. Point being is?

If they start shipping cars by September 4 they are good, if not then start your complaining to Ford...LOL
Won’t do me any good I don’t think there’s much of anything I can do until I get a vin number, but if it comes down to it, there is always the Camaro convertible, manual. but, would rather have the ford over the Chevy

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Actually I was answering someone else that was wondering when they were supposed to be out. All I heard was this summer which is why I said that. It is still summer for a few weeks

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are hoping to ship them out during those eta week(s) and have them to us during that time ut they keep running into “delays”. It sucks and does seem strange especially since the cars are all sitting there look ready.
Yet Yesterday they told me there have been no delays🙄

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Jim Owens, the Mustang Brand Manager, stated a few times early on that cars were to be at dealers early summer. Somewhere along the line that changed to just summer which is also quickly running out. 45 days till fall... 🍂

gmoney9873

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Vapor Blue
My eta just got pushed back AGAIN from 08/05-08/11 to 08/09-08/15. Wouldn’t be surprised if happens a few more times before we actually get these cars

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Jim Owens, the Mustang Brand Manager, stated a few times early on that cars were to be at dealers early summer. Somewhere along the line that changed to just summer which is also quickly running out. 45 days till fall... 🍂
About to have a new chore for my kid with these late deliveries. Hey sweety, need you to go get the leaves out of the Mustang.
Sponsored