• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are orders with Appearance Package or Handling Package being delayed/held?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Where are you guys from that passed on the build allocations, without AP HP? I'm first at my dealership of two order allocations and haven't heard anything from them about compromising for my order.
Texas here, and I am 1st at my dealer that got 3 allocations, and I got the call asking to remove HP for scheduling now. Also stated painted stripes and AP were constraints, i have neither. I declined to remove the HP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Where are you guys from that passed on the build allocations, without AP HP? I'm first at my dealership of two order allocations and haven't heard anything from them about compromising for my order.
MS with an order from a MS dealership. Small volume dealer in a small town.

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Ordered in Charlotte NC and they got 15 allocations (top dealer). I am number 4. I got the HP and AP. Haven't heard anything but as like everyone else, no build date yet

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I'm in North Indiana, also smaller town dealership. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Maybe my dealership hasn't been offered a DH build preview yet, or maybe the other order allocation was a lower spec and they let that one take it.

Guess I can ask my dealership again. They know I was on the fence with Blue Ember and have been really good communicating so far so I can't imagine they wouldn't reach out.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Dealer got 2 allocations & I'm #1 on the list. Ordered 3/28 DH Premium Blue Ember AP NO HP. Still no build date or VIN! Now considering a GT 350 the dealer has on the lot.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Just saw an email in the Dallas Texas region where CF wheels, Painted stripes, and HP are still constrained. It did say AP is not constrained. They were manually allocating a Dark Horse order in south texas, and it was happening yesterday, so i guess that answers the question if dark horse can schedule any week. I dont want to post the picture here but its on facebook.

I wonder if the southern regions HP are being held up to get the colder regions the HP tires earlier.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Just saw an email in the Dallas Texas region where CF wheels, Painted stripes, and HP are still constrained. It did say AP is not constrained. They were manually allocating a Dark Horse order in south texas, and it was happening yesterday, so i guess that answers the question if dark horse can schedule any week. I dont want to post the picture here but its on facebook.

I wonder if the southern regions HP are being held up to get the colder regions the HP tires earlier.
Saw the same thing 😅 really hoping HP isn't constrained when my dealer gets the call/email.

tuckingfypo94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark horse HP Blue ember

At my dealership two dark horses ordered after me have been assigned build dates. Mine is the only one with the hp. I think this might be why

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
At my dealership two dark horses ordered after me have been assigned build dates. Mine is the only one with the hp. I think this might be why
One order after me without HP has been assigned a build date as well. Our HP cars will be worth the wait, best of luck to you.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
My Dark Horse HP has VIN and scheduled for production second week of August
You are extremely lucky. Most with the HP have not been scheduled and it has been on the constraint list for weeks. I already had my order passed over by my dealer for a non-HP order that was placed after mine.

My big worry is they are not going to produce the HP in the winter months, in 23MY they didn't produce December-March, so if you don't get scheduled by September for November, you will be deep into next year before you see the car. I'm really hoping that is not the case for me.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I ordered a GT with the GT performance package last week. My dealer told me then the GT performance package was limited and there may be a delay on my order.
I ordered the GT convertible with performance package, 401A, and I ordered June 8 and my dealer didn’t say anything to me about that

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I ordered a GT with the GT performance package last week. My dealer told me then the GT performance package was limited and there may be a delay on my order.
[/QUOTE wonder if they got that straightened out yet? When you’re ordering cars, Ford should keep up with the car dealerships and let them know if there’s going to be any problem with anything that we put on our orders. That way if there is, we can decide if we wanna wait longer or if we wanna order it without a certain package.

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
You are extremely lucky. Most with the HP have not been scheduled and it has been on the constraint list for weeks. I already had my order passed over by my dealer for a non-HP order that was placed after mine.
My Dark Horse Handling package updated to In Production on Friday and the window sticker is now viewable.
Sponsored