• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse handling and appearance package

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
I ordered my car April 6, 2023 mustang dark horse with a handling package and an appearance package. The car still hasn’t been built. My dealer called me and said that the ford rep said if you want to take delivery of this car is a 2024 then remove the handling package and the appearance package But when I go on the website you can still add those as options was I told the wrong thing are they still taking orders and building cars with the handling package and appearance package .
Sponsored

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I suggest calling someone at ford directly. Do some LinkedIn skulking and find someone to reach out to directly.

Personally, I would not be working with that dealer anymore.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/dark-horse-order-fail-news-letter-from-ford.159369/

I always like to confirm if the supporting dealer has/had an allocation (a slot on the line, with the necessary parts) for a DH HP? Does he? Did he? Every Ford vehicle order has to be matched with an allocation. If your current dealer did not or cannot attain one, the car will not be built.

Complicating the current situation is the thread above. Late last year, Ford advised all dealers that, for the remainder of CY 2023, no DH HPs would be built. IF the customer wanted a DH without an HP, they would built it before year close. If not, the order would be cancelled in its entirety.

Now that we are in CY 2024, I've not noticed any posts as to if Ford is picking HP orders back up. Traditionally, Ford does not build HP-like cars from October-to-April, due to the Winter temperatures and specialty tires.

It could be March/April before you can attempt to order again. You might be able to place an order now, with the wait.

As @DannyJ7 advised, if the conversation doesn't have a good feel, if you've lost confidence, might be a good idea to move on to another dealer.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I ordered my car April 6, 2023 mustang dark horse with a handling package and an appearance package. The car still hasn’t been built. My dealer called me and said that the ford rep said if you want to take delivery of this car is a 2024 then remove the handling package and the appearance package But when I go on the website you can still add those as options was I told the wrong thing are they still taking orders and building cars with the handling package and appearance package .
You have a lot more patience than I do!
As you can see in my signature, I have ordered a GT with similar options. Unless it's the special tires on the DH, I am thinking the options are very similar between the DH & GT. I wonder if I'm going to get a similar notice.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Interesting, when I found out that one of my dealers were pending an order and it had the order 9999 on 7/30 and came on the second week of November which is only 4 months of my time! I do think it has to do with the order 9999 as an urgent move! Not sure!

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
Same boat here...Ordered a Loaded Dark Horse, on day one, that still has yet to be built. I've checked in with my Dealer a few times and his advice (from his Ford Rep) is to stay the course until someone tells me that it's "my turn" to have my vehicle built and see if I'm told to take the HP/AP off. I can manage without the HP if I need to, but have no intention of losing the AP. I'm going to wait, as from the sounds of things, they're not building any HP Dark Horses that are shipping to cold weather regions, until Spring, anyway. 🤞

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)
Same boat here...Ordered a Loaded Dark Horse, on day one, that still has yet to be built. I've checked in with my Dealer a few times and his advice (from his Ford Rep) is to stay the course until someone tells me that it's "my turn" to have my vehicle built and see if I'm told to take the HP/AP off. I can manage without the HP if I need to, but have no intention of losing the AP. I'm going to wait, as from the sounds of things, they're not building any HP Dark Horses that are shipping to cold weather regions, until Spring, anyway. 🤞
Same here. Dark Horse ordered day one, was told Dealer had two allocations. Still nothing

mustangmike2176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse (on order), '20 Explorer, '17 F150
Same for me. I ordered a 10-speed DH with HP and AP on March 6, 2023. Dealer told me they would receive one Dark Horse in 2023. In October, the dealer called me and said their allocation was received, but it was for a DH without HP. If I wanted it, I just had to waive HP. I chose not to. They told me spring will be the earliest next update as a result. That was in October 2023. I contacted the dealer in November and five days ago. It's the same update each time. If I waive HP (nothing is mentioned about AP), they can start production.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The website has a pop up on the builder where you have to acknowledge this:

Notice
2024 Mustang®
Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features are available to order. Contact your dealer for available inventory stock or future availability.

You were told by your dealer it's not available. The website doesn't always reflect availability. Think Performance Pack, Nite Pony, Carbon Fiber wheels, etc....

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
I suggest calling someone at ford directly. Do some LinkedIn skulking and find someone to reach out to directly.

Personally, I would not be working with that dealer anymore.
Ford marketing knew nothing but they did say that ford is apparently still taking orders with the handling package if that wasn’t a possibility why wasn’t it removed from the website?

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Ford marketing knew nothing but they did say that ford is apparently still taking orders with the handling package if that wasn’t a possibility why wasn’t it removed from the website?
The excuse for leaving something on the website is usually to the tune of "so that people shopping dealer stock are knowledgeable about that option"

For example, it's common practice to leave the build and price tool live on the website even after the production run for that model year or just the vehicle itself are no longer being built. Ford does it. Heck you can go build and price a challenger right now, and that thing is done.

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L, 22 BMX X3M40, 00 Honda S2K
I wish FoMoCo would make an official statement on this. I call them and they say, nope its good to go, waiting to be scheduled, if you want more detail call your dealer. When I call the dealer they say they hove no idea, and I should call FoMoCo..

A C8 is looking mighty inviting right about now.

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
My dealer spoke to the Ford rep yesterday and they said if I leave the handling packaging there’s no way to cause going to get built as a 2024
Sponsored