• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Unofficial official thread for those of us with the Handling Package waiting to be scheduled in April or later.

Edit: This thread is for members that have not even been scheduled for production and have the Handling Package option. If you have been scheduled for production or had your car delivered, this doesn't really apply.

Please feel free to share updates and rumors here.

We are probably looking at February 8 or 15 for the first chance of April scheduling.

My info:
Order date - 3/27/23 Delear told me I had the first allocation.

Dealer was estimated to get 3 allocations per email in March, was revised in September to get only 2 for MY2024.

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another non-HP car. Dealer pulled second allocation in September for November production, unable to schedule HP until April production per Ford scheduling updates shown below. He is holding this allocation for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory Screenshot_20230911_171836_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius 🤣
Unofficial official thread for those of us with the Handling Package waiting to be scheduled in April or later. Please feel free to share updates and rumors here.

We are probably looking at February 8 or 15 for the first chance of April scheduling.

My info:

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available Per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another car. Delear pulled second allocation in September, unable to schedule HP until April production, said he is holding it for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.
Have you changed your priority code? I'm new to Ford's system but I ordered a DH with Blue Ember, AP, HP, and the Tremec and got an in-production email this week. The only thing I changed was the priority code but again, apologies if that doesn't matter or help, I could've just gotten lucky for all I know.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Have you changed your priority code? I'm new to Ford's system but I ordered a DH with Blue Ember, AP, HP, and the Tremec and got an in-production email this week. The only thing I changed was the priority code but again, apologies if that doesn't matter or help, I could've just gotten lucky for all I know.
They are not scheduling Handling Package cars until April 2024 regardless of priority code. The priority code matters on orders within a dealership, but not much outside of a dealership. I have the highest priority code of all the DH orders at my dealer, but didn't matter when they werent able to schedule a HP car in either month they pulled an order for (June for August scheduling, and September for November scheduling).

The earliest for those of us with HP that are unscheduled will be in February for April production at this point. See the scheduling information I updated the OP with. And yes, you got lucky, congrats!

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius 🤣
They are not scheduling Handling Package cars until April 2024 regardless of priority code. The priority code matters on orders within a dealership, but not much outside of a dealership. I have the highest priority code of all the DH orders at my dealer, but didn't matter when they werent able to schedule a HP car in either month they pulled an order for (June for August scheduling, and September for November scheduling).

The earliest for those of us with HP that are unscheduled will be in February for April production at this point.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your order! I hope everything works out. I have seen a few HP cars in my area but are 5-10k over MSRP if that interests anyone in this thread.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Unofficial official thread for those of us with the Handling Package waiting to be scheduled in April or later. Please feel free to share updates and rumors here.

My info:

Dealer was estimated to get 3 allocations per email in March, was revised in September to get only 2 for MY2024.

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another non-HP car. Dealer pulled second allocation in September for November production, unable to schedule HP until April production per Fordnscheduling updates shown below. He is holding this allocation for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.

Screenshot_20230911_171836_Chrome.jpg
Dub, check kbb.com too. They have a lot on there too. I hate it for all of you. With what the UAW is asking for, there is NO WAY that ford can do that! It’s ridiculous what they are asking for!

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Dub, check kbb.com too. They have a lot on there too. I hate it for all of you. With what the UAW is asking for, there is NO WAY that ford can do that! It’s ridiculous what they are asking for!
Ive made many many calls about HP cars. All are sold or marked up ridiculous amounts that I am not going to pay. That being said, i am actively looking for a reasonable deal on a HP car, and would buy one if I find it.

I do hope the strike issues get sorted, i agree the UAW ask seems really high. I thought the most recent Ford offer was pretty dang good personally, I'm not sure what the UAW is thinking at this point.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My info:

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another non-HP car. Dealer pulled second allocation in September for November production, unable to schedule HP until April production per Fordnscheduling updates shown below. He is holding this allocation for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.

Is handling package same As performance pkg?the one you order manual auto10 speed?

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango

My info:

Well, Purgatory sure does suck! I was allocation 6/6 for the dealer. That dropped to 4/4 this summer (I assume two folks backed out and they lost the allocations). I ordered 3/28, 6 speed/AP/HP/Blue Ember and spoke to Ford yesterday. I was unscheduled clean and will be scheduled once a slot opens up. Same story since about April 15th. Emailed the dealer for an update. I’m still number 4, and they have not had ANY scheduled. Think April is a pipe dream for me. I’m stuck here forever! Good luck to Feb scheduling.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive made many many calls about HP cars. All are sold or marked up ridiculous amounts that I am not going to pay. That being said, i am actively looking for a reasonable deal on a HP car, and would buy one if I find it.

I do hope the strike issues get sorted, i agree the UAW ask seems really high. I thought the most recent Ford offer was pretty dang good personally, I'm not sure what the UAW is thinking at this point.
If you give me some idea on what you are looking for, remember being an old lady I am not real good on knowing what you are actually looking for. If you can give me some idea, I will definitely keep my eyes open. My son is a route sales mgr for Interstate Batteries and knows a lot of people and travels quite a few places, so could have him keep his eyes open as well

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I tried that my dealer said thats something they cant do

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Nothing personal, but I don’t believe anything I have read for the past 4 months. When the dealership calls asking for a check, I will know my Ember Blue, Handeling Package car has arrived.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Nothing personal, but I don’t believe anything I have read for the past 4 months. When the dealership calls asking for a check, I will know my Ember Blue, Handeling Package car has arrived.
If you are talking about not scheduling Handling Packages during the winter months, I can assure you it's true. Mach 1s followed the same pattern for years. What I posted in the OP is official scheduling documentation from Ford stating there is a halt until April 2024. If you have already been scheduled for production in October or a prior month, this won't affect you in any way.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH

My info:

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another non-HP car. Dealer pulled second allocation in September for November production, unable to schedule HP until April production per Ford scheduling updates shown below. He is holding this allocation for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.

My Info:
Order date - 3/28/23: North central Texas Dealer said they had just one allocation for DH, which I took.
Specs: Blue Ember Metallic, appearance package, handling package, recaros, 6 speed manual.

Since I have a Florida beach trip scheduled for June, I predict that is when it will arrive at the dealer.

Will be spending time researching a local PPF/Ceramic dealer, found one called Tritek that seems to do a lot of high end work and has been in business over 20 years.

Japeatr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang DH; '13 F-150; '20 Exped; '05 CobaltSS
My Info:
Order date - 3/28/23: North central Texas Dealer said they had just one allocation for DH, which I took.
Specs: Blue Ember Metallic, appearance package, handling package, recaros, 6 speed manual.

Since I have a Florida beach trip scheduled for June, I predict that is when it will arrive at the dealer.

Will be spending time researching a local PPF/Ceramic dealer, found one called Tritek that seems to do a lot of high end work and has been in business over 20 years.
Im in McKinney and in the same boat. only Bob Tomes says they were granted 7 allocations, but that the 2024 model year goes for 18 months. so far they had been granted one of the 7, not mine apparently...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Don't get too hung up on priority codes, guys... our Ford regional rep bumped my order to Priority 1 in June 2021 and I STILL didn't get the car till October, even though other Mach 1 orders were being fulfilled. It was all about available parts... tires, chips, moldings, etc.

I know for a fact that at one point the Cup 2 tires were a problem because I called Michelin corporate directly and they confirmed that at the time, they were not making them. They were behind on orders for tire models and sizes that they sell millions of, and scheduling a specialty tire in 315/30-19 just didn't make financial sense for them. Of course it eventually got resolved but things like that kept happening. Chips were another big one, guys who ordered Machs with Recaros after me took delivery way before me because they didn't need to have heated/cooled seat electronics. And on and on.

There's a thread with a very in-depth description of how the priority code process works on 6G but the bottom line is that they start at 19, the dealer can lower it to 10, and it takes Ford to lower it more. But again unless all the parts are available for all the orders that Ford has, it just doesn't matter that much.
Sponsored