• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse - - Handling Package?!

maxint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Order in! Crazy excited! I did NOT enter a Handling Package -- am i making a big mistake!?!? Note I'm not driving this on the track or anything.

Matt
Sponsored

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I don't think so. I didn't get it either.
I already bought my own wheels and APR Wing and will be adding my own suspension once I figure it out.

A lot of the research I've done for the M1 deemed that if you aren't tracking the HP isn't a value-add. Maybe for resale value? But we don't even own the car yet. Resale value be damned.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Depends. I have skipped option like that in past and then wished I had them, so I ordered it. I will be 70 when the car arrives, so chances of me doing a track day are slim or none, but they just look better with that option.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I did not order mine with that option. I will not be tracking. I do like the look/idea of the larger wheels/tires. But decided $4K would get me some nice wheels/tires to get the look. Maybe not. I will decide after I get my car.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
For what it’s worth I didn’t order it with my 21 Mach 1 because I knew I wouldn’t be tracking. Personally I regretted it because I found myself wishing I had the wider tires for the look of them. The performance wing of this 7th gen sealed the deal for me because I think it looks really cool.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Depends. I have skipped option like that in past and then wished I had them, so I ordered it. I will be 70 when the car arrives, so chances of me doing a track day are slim or none, but they just look better with that option.
Plenty of guys still track their cars at 70.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Dude, we have one bloke here in Oz, in his late 70s - he's the fastest on my club track days.
Damn that age, it's just a number.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
IMHO, HP is not a must, even for a track hack like myself.
I'd always prefer to get non-Ford wheels and tyres for the track, and even suspension can be track tuned with aftermarket items.
Plus we don't get HP in the export markets 🤣
Sponsored