• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
What kind of deals are you guys getting on DH orders now? I have a couple offers at msrp, but it seems like the market is softening (already some on lots near me below msrp), but I’m hesitant to commit to msrp for a vehicle that will likely not arrive until fall or later.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
What kind of deals are you guys getting on DH orders now? I have a couple offers at msrp, but it seems like the market is softening (already some on lots near me below msrp), but I’m hesitant to commit to msrp for a vehicle that will likely not arrive until fall or later.
You're not obligated to buy anything, nor are they obligated to sell it too you. Order the car and, if things change, don't take delivery. It's that simple.

If you're working with a dealer who wants a non-refundable deposit on an order, then tell them to pound sand and go elsewhere. I've bought 15 new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles since 2006, plenty of them ordered. I've never had to put a nickel down to order. In fact, we've probably ordered twice as many as we've taken delivery of.

I paid MSRP for my DH earlier this month.