• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Appearance and handling not available this year?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I put money down last year to ensure I got the first allocation at my local dealer. They have 5 allocations total. I placed my order on Monday with everyone else and was stoked. $3k over msrp. DH premium with appearance package and handling package, tremec 6. However, my dealer called me today to say that the Ford rep called and let them know that the appearance and handling options won't be available this year and gave me 2 options:

1. Remove the DH appearance package and handling options and get a build date in May; or
2. Keep those options and get a build next year.

Has anyone else heard this? Could it just be that my dealer got lower model allocations? I don't really want to remove those options, but I also don't want to wait until next year.
Its hard to believe that both of these major options will be unavailable before production even begins. I think most orders include one of these options.

I guess if it is true I will be getting my DH quickly! I didnt order with either option. I wanted Oxford White (eliminates the appearance package) and I will not track so I didnt opt for the handling package.
Sponsored

OP
OP

billybaddda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Someone on Facebook said that couldn't put in a new order with the appearance package either. Maybe the Ford rep was trying to say they received their capacity of blue ember they can produce so far, so they stop taking new orders until they can allocate more to that package. Blue Ember may be more popular than they thought?
I just popped over to Facebook and found several others with the same experience. Here's some quotes:

"Good ole Ford comes through again. I can submit my allocation for Dark Horse today but guess what no appearance package available????!!!! Big surprise so that means no blue ember and no painted roof and no hood graphic. That is so stupid !!!! If you looked up ford in the dictionary the definition would say “constraint” guess it’s Grabber Blue."

and

"Same the appearance pkg wasn’t available for me so I just went with vapor blue as the color"

Looks like there is some issue here. I wish Ford would just clarify if there is delayed availability now or if it's just specific dealers.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Sounds like scheduling begins the week of April 10th. So we’ll find out then, I guess.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Just a thought.. maybe there was limited initial capacity for the appearance and handling packages and the early orders have already filled up capacity.

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Just a thought.. maybe there was limited initial capacity for the appearance and handling packages and the early orders have already filled up capacity.
That's likely it, as I know few including me that have already been assigned built week in May. I had both appearance and handling package - that's how my dealer got the allocation; pre-spec'd by ford.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
That's likely it, as I know few including me that have already been assigned built week in May. I had both appearance and handling package - that's how my dealer got the allocation; pre-spec'd by ford.
That explains the priority code 1. You're getting a very early production/dealer pre-config.

Nice if that's the spec you wanted, too!

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
That explains the priority code 1. You're getting a very early production/dealer pre-config.

Nice if that's the spec you wanted, too!
It actually is the exact spec I wanted, just missing the carbon fibre wheels and painted strips ; which are way too expensive for me.
Sponsored