• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are orders with Appearance Package or Handling Package being delayed/held?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Ok, it's time to put a thread together. I've now seen at least 5-10 people on facebook groups claiming they were told their order is being delayed due to the Appearance Package and/or Handling Package. Some have said they can't make a new order with those options anymore, while others claimed they still can.

A few have included email screenshots or printed out emails, but to me those just looked fake. They were unprofessional, unofficial, no letterhead/logos/signatures, some typos, no dates or emails addresses displayed, even phone numbers that didn't make sense (A florida phone number for a Detroit regional sales rep?).

I just wanted to get a forum post going and ask if any of our dealer friends or @Ford Motor Company could comment on this to give us some clarity? @Granger Ford @Zach@Granger

Is this really an issue or fake? Is it only an issue for some orders/regions that chose AP or HP and not all? Or is it only an issue on new orders placed after a certain date?
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I've seen the same as far as Dark Horse orders on facebook. I have no idea if it's real or fake. My biggest question if it is real, is are the people that got their orders in before good to go?

Last edited:

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I ordered a GT with the GT performance package last week. My dealer told me then the GT performance package was limited and there may be a delay on my order.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I haven't heard any of this from my dealer. I ordered the GT premium with PP and bronze appearance package. I guess we'll see....

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a high confidence in Ford building the 24 Mustang in a timely manner. Ford is plagued with supply chain issues now. Matter of fact, a buddy of mine who is the parts manager at the local Ford dealership told me he tried to order some flexplate bolts for a customer and discovered there were over 70K backorders for just that one bolt.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I don't mind waiting and I ordered as soon as the order bank opened with the hope that I could get the options that I want; PP, magnaride,active exhaust. A custom order is a dream and a major goal for me, if they can't deliver what I ordered I'll have to walk.

The big problem is, I think, most people expect that if you accept an order for something you are agreeing to make/build it. I have discovered that with Ford (and probably most brands) an accepted order is worth only slightly more than the paper it's printed on.

It really seems like much of the frustration could be avoided by a system where Ford tracks orders live and stops orders for particular options once they reach production capacity.

Skoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Race Red California Special
I don't want to bring down anyone's mood but I had a similar experience when the S550 came out. I went into my dealer the day the order banks opened to order pretty much fully loaded GT with the anniversary appearance package. I waited until November that year before giving up and grabbing one off a lot. I kept track of the VIN and saw that it didn't get delivered until January. Maybe I was just really unlucky. Here's to hoping this isn't another repeat of that.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ford is plagued with supply chain issues now.
I visited my local Ford dealer last week. Their experiences are similar.

In 2022, the local dealer was having difficulty maintaining a car inventory, having enough new vehicles; that seems to be sorted now, at least in my area.

In 2023, their main problem is replacement parts. Shelves are empty. Backorders are plentiful.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
For those who have orders in, is there a separate link you've received from Ford regarding priority code, build date, etc? I just got the one email sent to me with the order first went in. Trying to make sure I'm not missing anything. I check the link everyday, but so far no changes.

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
I called my Ford dealership this morning my build date has not changed and I have all 3 of the packages in question and my sales manager hasn’t had any such email suggesting anything to do with the repots posted on Facebook.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think some dealers have more clout with Ford than others. Likely the low volume dealers will get shorted as where the higher volume dealers will get priority.
I ordered my 2020 GT500 the moment the order banks opened up. Took 13 months to see the car. Other folks ordered the same spec GT500 the same time I did and got them in just a few months.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
Well I waited for my bronco during covid to be built and that was 1-2 years after I placed the order, I can for sure wait for the build on the dark horse that I placed an order for!!

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I ordered a GT with the GT performance package last week. My dealer told me then the GT performance package was limited and there may be a delay on my order.
yeah my dealer told me the same.

I got my confirmation email wed, 3/29. email had NO LINK to anything about my order, vin, priority #, anything. the only link on the email was the "view online" one in the upper right hand corner of the email, and it just redirects to a webpage that shows the say confirmation image and message that was on the email. discouraging to say the least

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Ford, the only vehicle company with customers with cash in hand, and wanting their product and ford say'n na. not so fast. We'll have to think it over if we want to build your vehicle, be it a Stang, Bronco, baby bronco, maverick, explorer. Seems they only want orders for the f truck.

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
yeah my dealer told me the same.

I got my confirmation email wed, 3/29. email had NO LINK to anything about my order, vin, priority #, anything. the only link on the email was the "view online" one in the upper right hand corner of the email, and it just redirects to a webpage that shows the say confirmation image and message that was on the email. discouraging to say the least
You won’t get VIN or anything until it’s set up for production.
Sponsored